Placed my order today...

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
NewOldStock

Placed my order today...

Post by NewOldStock »

so I placed my order today for my 2010 Camaro.

Inferno Orange
1SS
RS package
Automatic (so the wife can drive it)
L99
Black rally/hockey stripes
Painted engine cover
Gray interior (gray/black two-tone)

OMFG I cant wait!

:hurr: 8)

Didnt get the 2SS package because I didnt want leather or the upgraded stereo... two of the big parts of the 2SS package.
Last edited by NewOldStock on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Re: Placed my order today...

Post by Rold Gold »

NewOldStock wrote:so I placed my order today for my 2010 Camaro.
Automatic (so the wife can drive it)
...................Automatic so the wife can drive it...... :-s
Why don't you apply for a NOT-HIZ or WAZ-HIZ vanity plate while yer at it....... :P :P :P :P :P :P j/k
IMO- Cars like this shouldn't come with anything but a 5/6 speed......or paddles like the Enzo.... :twisted: Takes the "Street Warrior" out of the car.... But I get it..... Old people(that can afford to buy it) get tired of pumping the clutch and shifting all the time and just want to cruise... :lol: :lol:

What is it with that orange/blk stripe lately though..... EVERYTHING new comes in that color and I see it more often than black for christ sakes.... Fords......Mopar's.......Chevy's....... everybody.
I did see a black Challanger SRT8 with FLAT lime green stripes and matching rims the other day in Gladstone.........Koolest color scheme I've seen for sure...

Does this mean you'll be getting a Roadster for the install............ :hmm:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

You can blame Oregon State for the Orange and Black theme to the car... that and the first time my wife saw one she had a "physical reaction".

already got most of the system for the install:

Roadster 66 #11 - if I can get silk screening or replacement stickers, I might have this color matched to the car - MHyde, are you listening? lol!
2 RSDC 10's (dual 2-ohm)
PPI 356cs splits for the front

They finally came out with the new dash piece so I can run an aftermarket head unit, so I will probably see if I can get my hands on a Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT like the one I put in my wifes car.

not sure what processing I will use, never used any before so I am pretty much completely lost when it comes to that kind of thing.

As for the manual trans vs auto... I really debated getting the manual, its my first choice and only a few of my vehicles have ever been auto's... but I wanted the wife to be able to drive it without burning out the clutch or doing something accidental and getting into an accident. It wasnt uncommon for her to accidentally downshift our Saturn Vue (5spd) from 5th to 3rd and cause all kinds of havoc... and that was with barely over 100hp.

Shortly after I get it I will be cutting out the mufflers and putting in straight pipes with a muffled x-pipe from magnaflow. save myself about 60 - 70lbs of muffler weight... which will be replaced with stereo weight. Then add in a cold air intake and some shorty headers and consider it done until the warranty runs out... then it will get long tubes, new cats, cam, performance tune, full stainless exhaust and god knows what else. I know you can fit a supercharger under the hood but the price is a little steep... maybe it will be more affordable by the time the warranty is over.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Awesome ride I love the inferno orange and the auto trany is really cool with the manual shift buttons on the steering. :clap:

I have decided to hold out for a convertible so I can save up some money for a down payment and get some good amps and other gear for it. :violin:

Where did you find the dash piece can you please post a link :D
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

http://subthump.com/product_info.php?cP ... cts_id=202

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio ... 3010S.aspx

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_241 ... 3010S.html

Its the Metra 99-3010s kit - if you google it you can find it for varying prices... its a pretty sweet little kit, though for 200.00 I am hoping for a price reduction to really be able to afford it.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Wow expensive little jewel that is.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

yeah... to say the least.

but everything is controlled by the radio in that car... or at least by the radio and the surrounding panel... so all the controls have to be recreated as buttons.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I think it would be a good idea to wait and see what that kit will look like when it is installed before running out and buying it.

Also not 100% sure but I think that the onstar is part of the factory radio so you might want to wait until your free year is used up.

Enjoy your really cool ride when you get it and don't forget to post lots of pictures :hurr:
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

onstar is one of the few things not controlled by the radio.

As for how they look installed... they look pretty good IMO

Check it:

MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

The naked chick for the hvac display is over the top!
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Did you get the "60% off since we bailed their ass out" discount? I hope so. My wife loves the Camaro!
MS275, MS2250ta, MS2125TA, Bandit, M44, ZX200, EQ215, EQ230, TX2, PDL1, TBAT Trans+Recvr w/cable
joyride

Post by joyride »

I dont know if you guys have seen the green one, but man it is cool. There is one at a dealer in Indiana and I was seriously impressed! I mean, its one of the most striking cars on the road, but this package is awesome.
Attachments
sema3.jpg
sema3.jpg (385.14 KiB) Viewed 12384 times
sema5.jpg
sema5.jpg (440.33 KiB) Viewed 12384 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Whoah that dash kit is nuts! Never seen anything like that :shock:

So it emulates your stock headunit and allows you to install an aftermarket dual din deck with relocated HVAC controls and display? That is worth every penny of $200 IMO!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

lol, yeah thats the rote a lot of kits have to go with the crazy integration (like my mazda too :( )

that a really nice looking kit though!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I think the green one is SWEET as well, its currently a limited edition color and only available on the V6 version...

which I almost got and then put the twin turbo kit on... but opted for the SS/RS package and will eventually put a supercharger on it. :twisted:
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

why did you decide to get the 1SS instead of the 2SS?
The 1SS dose not have the console mounted gauges.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

I opted for the 1ss for a few reasons.

#1 - I dont care about the gauges...
#2 - I dont want or care about the Boston Acoustics stereo system... I am going to put in my own
#3 - I dont like leather interiors... too hot or too cold.
#4 - I dont need heated seats... chances I will be driving this when its cold enough to worry about heated seats - 0%

The gauges (IMO) just look like clutter to me. they are too far away from my vision to pay attention to them while driving so for all intensive purposes, they are useless to me.

but, I also got the automatic... no sports car should EVER have an auto in it... unless of course your wife cant drive a stick (or at least not very well). In which case you make the sacrifice, as I did, to make the woman I love, love the car I desire.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

The boston acoustics is crap with the 2 ohm speakers makes the 245 watt amp small.
I disagree with the sports car should be manual when you can get a six speed automatic that you can select manual shift.
they are both cool but I'll take the automatic.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

nah unless you have paddle shifters and a sports tranny for it I agree that a clutch a stick complete the sports car feel.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

thankfully the 2010 comes with paddle shifters :twisted: and the 6-speed auto can be tuned in a few different ways to force shifts faster, harder and to adjust the torque management system that lowers power while the car is shifting.

I also got notice today that my car was sent to build - which means (from what I can tell) that they have accepted the order, built the car in whatever program they use and have sent it to be queued up in the factory for build. Not sure when I will get a build-date... we'll see :)
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Good news and bad news...

The car arrived, she is beautiful and holy-shit fast... and I dont mean she's quick.

With launch control on and from a dead-stop to my wife screaming at the TOP of her lungs in about 1/10th of a second.

I cant tell you how freaking AWESOME it feels to stomp on the stupid pedal and feel like your being launched into space.

There is a total of 135 miles on the car at this point, so no system changes, but after just 135 miles, I can tell you for absolutely certain that the system needs to be replaced.

Still planning on the dual 10" RSDc's and the Roadster66 with the PPI 356cs up front (since I have them already).

unfortunately (as those of you living in the portland area can attest) its been raining like a mofo so I have only had a few minutes here and there to drive it, let alone take any decent pictures.

I will say this to anyone considering buying one of these... the doors are HUGE. I dont mean deep, I mean LONG! after having 4-doors for so long, the doors seem almost comic-book long. The other issue with the car is that the trunk opening is roughly the size of a beer can... heheh its the smallest trunk opening I have ever seen. The kicker is that it doesnt appear that it NEEDS to be that small... it could be much larger, but GM designed it with a tiny mouth so enclosures are going to have to go in through the pass-through.

Other than that... the car grabs you like a lover and fits like a glove, even a fat-ass like me.

Pics when it finally stops raining... maybe this weekend when I go back into Hillsboro to my folks place.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

what part of pdx are you in? maybe i will see you around!

or maybe i will try and race you :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

lol - no racing for a few thousand miles for me... but I am up in Vancouver/Camas
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

When you going to get some pictures up?
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

lol - my bad... today would have been PERFECT for taking pics, but I was too busy driving it! I am having the stripes put on next week, then I will get the windows tinted (35%)... I will have to take pics before each step

on a non-related note, on my way home from Hillsboro today, I met up with another IOM Camaro, it was cool driving down the freeway with someone driving another IOM SS... we pulled up one on each side of this red convertible GT mustang... it was awesome
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold