Had some fun today

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
str3atwarrior

Had some fun today

Post by str3atwarrior »

I have ordered 2 air filter for my girlfriend's car and one for mine. Today, i decided to install mine on my Cavalier 97. Here are some pics :

The air filter with the adapter, freshly oiled with K&N air filter oil

Under the hood, before removing the old air filter housing

Surprise when i removed the battery... I plan on removing the battery holding plate soon to check if it is worth sanding/painting or if i'm better off buying a new one at a junkyard

Another surprise, corroded connector on the fuse box next to the battery. This one was easily fixed with BK and hot water :)

Here is the final result. I had to fix the clutch master cylinder with tie-rap since the original fixation was on the old air filter housing. I also fixed the air filter with tie-rap to ensure it won't moove freely while driving.

After one test drive, the motor seems to run better. Shifting was smoother, idle was more stable, didn't seems to change the speed of acceleration but still seems to accelerate smoother. Overall it was a fun thing to do, cost like 15$ and was easy! Now i'll have to test it a little longer to see if my MPG changed and other things like that!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it
str3atwarrior

Post by str3atwarrior »

Made a 200km trip today for work, and it definitly save some gaz!

I usually use 1/2 of a tank for 160km on the highway to my job at 100km/h, but today the sun was bright, it was warm, so it made me in the mood of taking it at 130km/h. Well didn't used 1/8 of a tank for the first 80km, so already a good start, then to the customer's house the needle didn't even moved at all. Back home, i used the about 1/8 of a tank, but i have to admit i was following some random dude with his lexus that was driving kinda fast. So this mod seems to be paying for itself!

There is another thing i added to my car long ago :

M.S.R.P. of 100$, i got it for 15$ shipped from a random guy on ebay, so i told myself if it doesn't work it's not that bad. Ended up working pretty well! In the day it stay white, but when i open my lights at night, it shift to a blue glow, pretty nice and took me about 15mins to install. I'd say that the only bad thing is that it's in MPH, and in Quebec we use KMH, but KMH is still there so once i got used to it it feels great!
He appreciates your support but he aint beggin for it