Whats everyone think of the new2011 Mustang gt

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Whats everyone think of the new2011 Mustang gt

Post by Mackenzie »

It appears ford finally got things right with this one. What does everyone else think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydykiWKW6fE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o3p8fZZQM8

This guy ran a 12.3 with the car pretty much stock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylnBl-f3z-8
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I think I am pissed that my 94gt now has less hp then the v6! I was originally planning on getting it up to a NA 300 hp and leave it but now my longterm goal is turbo and 400 hp to keep up....

Car is supposed to rock, I look forward to when they release the aluminum version as well. My dream would be to get a 50th aniversary edition with the aluminum 5.0....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Talking mustang I would buy a 2009 way before a 2010 or 2011.
The new one looks narrow and chopped off in the back the way the tail lights are.
Ya its fast but I would rather look and sound good than be fastest.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I wouldn't expect a new camaro owner to like it :roll:

you hate them even more at a light next to ya....
tonym

Post by tonym »

my all time ford car would be ford GT...mustang who??.... My old boss has one and that shit is no JOKE....and im a camaro man myself....
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

ttocs wrote:I wouldn't expect a new camaro owner to like it :roll:

you hate them even more at a light next to ya....
I do not recall saying I hated mustangs
ZTwenty8SSR wrote:Talking mustang I would buy a 2009 way before a 2010 or 2011.
The new one looks narrow and chopped off in the back the way the tail lights are.
Ya its fast but I would rather look and sound good than be fastest.
Ya I like the looks of the new camaro better but I almost bought a mustang GT in 2005 I did not because I needed a year round car.

But as stated previously I was comparing the 2011 to a 2009 mustang for looks.

A hyundai pony can pull up to me at a light and beat me because I will not race on the street.
Second thought track too I have no interest in racing my car.

So once again Ya its fast but I would rather look and sound good than be fastest.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I likes it........... :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
But $65K for a SHELBY GT350 sounds reasonable too..........

I'd like to have the money to buy #350 from BJ's auto auction........ :pray:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
todd217

Post by todd217 »

i too think the 2009 and earlier ones look better but 300+hp vs 400+hp makes it easy. plus they get almost 20mpg.
BigBrent

new mustang

Post by BigBrent »

V-6, 305 HP, 31 MPG. This is the car that gives me hope the Obama administration/current senate new Cafe standards will not ruin performance cars for the common man! And, I myself am a Mopar guy. Still won't buy one, but I hope it causes GM and Chrysler to step up.

Brent
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I am generally a Chevy guy and I love the looks of the new Rustang. The numbers are great too. I really think it would come down to a test drive to see which one I preferred. I am thrilled that the old pony car race is on once again.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I like the style of the new ones better then the previous style personally. I do not like the grabber blue as it is nothing more then a medium baby blue and do not understand the love for it.

The numbers, both hp and mpg they are getting out of them is amazing. It is nice to see the mustang be able to smoke a maro or a mopar now for a the first time in a while.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I'm going to check them out friday if I have time
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

As a new Camaro owner I can say that I like the 2011 Mustangs... they are a decent looking car, have good power and IMO have held true to the pony-car heritage way way more than GM and the Camaro.

The only thing I dont like about the Mustang, since I havent driven one of the new ones I cant speak to how they feel or butt-dyno power, is that every new mustang owner I know, is a female.

There are 3 2009 - 2010 mustangs here at my work in my building alone (Blue, Red and White) and they are all driven by women... 2 of which prefer women (not passing judgement, just making the connection O:) )

If I were on the market and were unbias, based on looks alone, I would probably still pick the Camaro, but being 100% honest, it would be a VERY tough choice.

One of the big points for me personally about the Camaro is the headroom for speed/power increases. A 6.2L engine versus a 5.0L. I can get 750hp out of that 6.2l engine without having to make any major engine changes and since GM sells the parts, I can retain a factory warranty while doing it.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I went to see the mustang today got there about 6:10 to find out they closed at 6:00 fuckin quebac car dealers suck ass.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I looked at a 2010 mustang gt today and I noticed it had a solid rear axl and not independent rear suspension like the camaro and challenger.
Did they change for 2011 or is it the same.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

NewOldStock wrote: One of the big points for me personally about the Camaro is the headroom for speed/power increases. A 6.2L engine versus a 5.0L. I can get 750hp out of that 6.2l engine without having to make any major engine changes and since GM sells the parts, I can retain a factory warranty while doing it.
you seem to forget that you can get a 600 hp shelby, with a warrenty. I think it is not until you peak the 750 hp mark does the warrenty nolonger apply.

Also don't forget this is a new motor and still NA so there is ALOT of room now for the aftermarket which I am sure will catch up quickly..

the mustang has been running the same rear-end for some time, the only time they went independant was in 03-04 with the terminator
todd217

Post by todd217 »

i would not trust a gm or dodge warranty. remember they both went bankrupt last year.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yowzers. I do not know the details other then it is supposed to be stock bottom end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZopOJ4B ... r_embedded#!

impressive to be in the 9s already, 137?! Did you see that thing bit on the launch?!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

9's is DAAAAMN fast. only ever been in 1 high 9s car and it was, I can only assume, what it feels like to throw yourself on top of a grenade to save your men.

you can read more on it here:

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/t ... index.html

here:

and here:

I am at work so I didnt get to read much on it, but it doesnt sound like a stock bottom end and it doesnt sound like they are even using the 5.0, but a 4-valve 4.6L (though the new 5.0 is a 4v, which is SWEET - so maybe I misread that?)

any way you want to swing it though... 9's is freakin fast.
Last edited by NewOldStock on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:
NewOldStock wrote: One of the big points for me personally about the Camaro is the headroom for speed/power increases. A 6.2L engine versus a 5.0L. I can get 750hp out of that 6.2l engine without having to make any major engine changes and since GM sells the parts, I can retain a factory warranty while doing it.
you seem to forget that you can get a 600 hp shelby, with a warrenty. I think it is not until you peak the 750 hp mark does the warrenty nolonger apply.

Also don't forget this is a new motor and still NA so there is ALOT of room now for the aftermarket which I am sure will catch up quickly..

the mustang has been running the same rear-end for some time, the only time they went independant was in 03-04 with the terminator
the GT500 is supercharged and 15k more expensive. for the same 15k, worth of supercharger and tuning, the Camaro would easily blow it out of the water. More importantly though, I wonder what kind of power the Z28 will have... which would be the fair comparison to the GT500. my guess is it will have similar power to the GT500, gotta keep them close to keep the competition alive.

What I find most entertaining about all this is that these debates, races and discussions are exactly what the Pony cars were all about. fairly cheap cars that your family could fit in (mine fits in the Camaro at any rate) that were fairly inexpensive to mod (600 - 750hp is scary powerful) and race against your friends.

Cheers to the Big-3 for rekindling the passion.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

this is the depressing video for the Camaro Owners

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJHqbqGC ... re=related
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

like I said it is nice to see the mustang handing it to the camaros and the hemis for a change. Been long overdue really, and don't forget it gets better milage also...

I agree it is nice to seet the pony car wars going the way they are again, and by that I mean with the mustang leading the way! :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

more good news. Looks like they are rating their hp the same way that pg use to rate its amps... 435hp and .94g's on the skidpad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydykiWKW ... r_embedded#!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

was that 435 at the wheels or was that "corrected" to be flywheel HP? if thats 435 to the wheels, thats a hell of a lot more than the Camaro at the wheels (which is rated at the flywheel)

Ford appears to finally have pulled it all together
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it is a dyno so which of course measures it at the wheels. It would have been an estimated hp if that was the crank numbers so idunno but yea it is a hell of a new engine. I would love to wait a few years for them to work the bugs out of it, there is bound to be one er two.