Whats everyone think of the new2011 Mustang gt

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

The Golden One wrote:one thing if you notice in the video the mustang always has the m3 beat until the end then the m3 catches up so maybe the m3 has more top end than the mustang.
I was suprised that it beat it on the launch. I figured the M would have a traction control to keep it sticking, hell m 94 gt is fun to manage on a launch can't imagine it with 2x the HP.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

i was talking about the 1/4 mile the m3 catches up at the end it's sorta like when i raced my 87 stock stang against my friends slightly modded 92 stang the front of his car was at my 5.0 emblem but at the end the front of my car was at his 5.0 emblem.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

ttocs wrote:well now lets not forget the difference in the asking price(<20k?), and the fact that this is just the GT racing aginst bimmers racing division. Wait till the cobra or boss comes out and we will have to see what they pit it aginst then as the M should be way outclassed on the track by those two and a good driver. What would happen if you took the $20k you saved and then put it back into the mustang?

I would score it as a win for ford personally :clap:

You know bimmer isn't happy and will bring something out to retaliete but it will probably be even more expensive.
the m3 isnt really the racing division. its a comparable trim level to the GT.

bmw also makes a csl and gtr versions which align with the likes of boss and cobra. not price wise ( but for each company, thats their hierarchy of performance.

the 20k is a legit point. but there is really is more going on the strictly preformance. the 3 cows it takes to make each ones interior. it comes with more expensive climate control/nav/ management. it uses more expensive engine technologies to achieve the same power from a smaller motor...4 years ago.

you could argue that a Ariel atom would destroy the both of them for less money 8)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

got to catch a glimpse of an atom when I was out in pheonix, that is the coolest lookin car out for sure. My buddy and I were going out for sushi when we heard it go around the corner an wondered what the wierd sound was as there were two cars infront of us and couldn't see it. When we caught a glimpse we caught up to it around 70-80 mph. He was my buddy trying to take some video and floored it and was gone...

Great, so add a custom interior on the stang and then we are short the better climate controls and the engine technology. As much as I love bimmers for the price I would take the stang and enjoy the extra cash in upgrades. Wouldn't you agree that you could make a gt flat out kill an M if you put $20k in upgrades on it?

Funny you mention the atom after you just took points from the stang for not having a leather interior or climate controls though and still costs $20k more then the base gt

http://www.arielatom.com/specs/atom-3-specs
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

stipud wrote: Let's not forget the difference in the whole package you get for $20k difference either. There's FAR more substance to the M3 than how it performs on the track.
This sums up what I was thinking. It's a bimmer ;)

But I will agree that a stang with 20k worth of upgrade would probably stomp a STOCK m3. Absolutely. But if price was removed from the equation and the "equivalent" was done to the m3, meaning same type of upgrades like turbo, suspension, that sort of thing, the m3 would then stomp the mustang. But then you start playing the "what if" game the point gets lost, so ya :roll:

The stang is a good car for sure, but I would still get the bimmer if I were in the market for that sort of car.

Ford has made some great cars in the past, the GT(not the mustang gt, the Ford GT) is a perfect example. That's a car that will take on and eat cars wirth twice what it is worth for breakfast. So Ford has made a few good cars...
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I think the substance the bimmer has that the mustang lacks is little more then name recognition. You sound like richard clark on top gear if that is the biggest point you can find that seperates the two. It will be intersting to see what they say about it and if they can get their specs right. The last time the had a gt on there they had all the numbers wrong, it was funny to watch if you know about mustangs.

If you spent even a small part of the 20k difference on the mustangs interior there is no reason it could not match the bimmers. Now the point of adding that $20k on the mustang is just to even out the price paid for each car. IF you put another 20k into the bimmer you would not get nearly as much bang for the buck since all the perfomormance parts for the bimmer would be 3x the cost of anything comparable on the stang.

What can I say, I am a mustang fan it is nice to see it finally going where all of the fans wanted it to go.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I guess you can compare me to him. Sorry I would have higher standards if I had that much money :lol:

The bimmer is refined and has the lineage to prove it going back for a long time, while the mustang does not, at least when comparing track times and what not. This is the first year that the stang can compare to the bimmer. So sorry if I would like refinement and excellence over a cheaper, go fast toy :lol: Nothing against the stang, I am just saying...

It's kinda like PG install stuff compared to stinger install stuff. All of the PG stuff is refined and all the little things have been taken into account that really matter and make it better than the rest, like the bimmer. Then there is stinger. Their gear is great gear, but it just lacks the refinement that the PG stuff has, like the mustang. Sure the stuff might be "on par" to what PG did in the past, but PG stuff will still win in my book even if it cost more, just like here the bimmer wins.

The mustang is a good car, but the bimmer is just that much better. Might be a bad comparison, but that's how I feel anyways ;)
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I'm sure the hot girl in the trailer park can fuck just as good as Monica Bellucci but that doesn't make them the same ;)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

in all honesty as good as it looks I never buy a car that has a completely different and newly designed motor as it always seems that the first couple years find some strange bugs that they just can't uncover in prototype testing.

I would really love to get he 50th aniversary in 2014 and if I had my wishes it would have the rumored aluminum block that is supposed to be on its way.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Lets face the facts here... Ford has stepped the game up big time, not only in quality, but in performance aswell. They also offer supercharger kits for the 5.0. 1 kit is 525hp, and the other is 625hp. So this beast has alot of potential.

link

http://rumors.automobilemag.com/6678851 ... index.html
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

I got a chance to check out the 2011 mustang on friday I admit it looks much better than in the pictures but if I were buying a ford it would not be a mustang it would be the F150 Raptor.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ya know the raptor is striking but I just don't really dig it.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

My only complaint on the Raptor is they went a little overboard with the FORD on the grill it is huge I would want to replace it with a aftermarket for sure.