What's going in the new whip?

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mfowler
Raised by a cup of coffee

What's going in the new whip?

Post by Mfowler »

Just bought a '01 Integra GSR 4 door. I'm excited to see what Brian wants to do to her. IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS!
Takin' it to Downtown-Fucktown since 1990.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Re: What's going in the new whip?

Post by HoseHead »

Mfowler wrote:Just bought a '01 Integra GSR 4 door. I'm excited to see what Brian wants to do to her. IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS!
Ummm, feed it to a Hemi? :shock:

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

pretty much got this one layed out homie!

rsd 5" comp in the kicks
rsd6.5 midbass in the door
tweet in the kick or upper door depending on space

ran semi active off rsd300.4 (5-1 passive crossover, 6.5 active)
tuned and crossed with a eq215ix

2 rsdc10d4's in the back
rsd600.1 on each :twisted:

kenwoodx592 for signal

all new PG PF1 battery terminals and d blocks
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Bfowler

Re: What's going in the new whip?

Post by Bfowler »

HoseHead wrote:
Mfowler wrote:Just bought a '01 Integra GSR 4 door. I'm excited to see what Brian wants to do to her. IDEAS IDEAS IDEAS!
Ummm, feed it to a Hemi? :shock:

HH
hehe, saw that one coming!

i assure you, no ricery with befall this teg.

too sweet a deal to pass up.

2001 GSR 5speed 90k miles, owned by a little Vietnamese lady. completely unmolested by mods
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

oh, and down the road...skip that wimpy ricer shit...two words. jackson super-charger (compound word right?)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Beige on beige. A true man car.

Attach the pics you noob ;)
Mfowler

Post by Mfowler »

Damn it Tombo it's Titanium on Parchment! Haha, and unlike the Hemi monsters this vehicle is equipped with what we in the States call "suspension" and a "steering wheel" for roads with little white and yellow lines on them :lol:
I Joketh, of course. But Jimminy jumped-up Jehova Bri I don't need a bam bam van setup here. But I know we will make it kick.
Attachments
Hope kids don't try to steal my blades
Hope kids don't try to steal my blades
Jaycie Frontal.JPG (121.07 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
4 door!
4 door!
Jaycie Butt.JPG (158.17 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Comfy and love the shifter feel!
Comfy and love the shifter feel!
Inside Jaycie.JPG (151.56 KiB) Viewed 11302 times
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

first mod....alarm and wheel locks!

(not really sure why, but those rims love to get themselves stolen apparently...maybe they are super light...becasue they sure arent super cool looking)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

man check out compustar if you have not already, been real happy with mine and they have some cool features like voltage and temp monitoring through the remote, they are also made to be a safe remote start on a stick.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Mfowler

Post by Mfowler »

According to my extensive research *cough* google *cough* those rims aren't even the lightest, and still run 70 bucks a pop more than any other stock teg wheel. But it is what it is.
I'm really just looking for remote locks and a loud-as-phuck horn/siren to go off. But if I can get that cool extra stuph for not much money I'll give it a shot.

Finger print and retina recognition would be nice. Seminal identification would be best. :hurr:
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

i was talking to errin, and apperently things likte starter kill are just a waste on this car since its so easy to bypass the stock ignition (ie tapping a fake fuse with its own 12v source into the right spots in the fuse panel will start it allegedly)

so i think just some cabin pizo's and maybe a nicely hidden toggle switch for the ignition
Mfowler

Post by Mfowler »

Hidden switch would be b'dass! maybe it could be a numeric pad underneath my center cupholders that needs a 4 digit code.
Either way, remote locks will be quite nice.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if the starter kill was done right the fuse box should not be aproblem. You might need to hit the starter wire under the hood to get it at a point that the fusebox doesn't matter but if that is the case....

I can also give you details on how to turn your cig lighter into a starter kill. You loose the ability to set something on fire with it but it is a trick way to make things work.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

ttocs wrote:if the starter kill was done right the fuse box should not be aproblem. You might need to hit the starter wire under the hood to get it at a point that the fusebox doesn't matter but if that is the case....

I can also give you details on how to turn your cig lighter into a starter kill. You loose the ability to set something on fire with it but it is a trick way to make things work.
do tell! no need for that thing!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have it on my mustang and love it. use a relay almost like you would for a starter kill but this time wire it up a little differently as a normally open starter kill using termanals 87 and 30 rather then the usual 87A and 30. Connect one side of the relays coil to +12v constant(the cig lighterpower is good for this) and the other end to the center portion of the cig lighter that normally goes to the +12v constant.

Now when you go to start the car, if the cig lighter is pushed in(as though you are trying to heat it up), the relay will trip connecting the starter wire and allowing the engine to crank. By simply popping the lighter out of the socket to wher it is just sitting there(not heating up) it will not make contact and allow it to start. You can just pop it out of the heating mode or take it out and put it in your pocket but either way the car will not start and what theif will check that when it doesn't crank.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

ttocs wrote:I have it on my mustang and love it. use a relay almost like you would for a starter kill but this time wire it up a little differently as a normally open starter kill using termanals 87 and 30 rather then the usual 87A and 30. Connect one side of the relays coil to +12v constant(the cig lighterpower is good for this) and the other end to the center portion of the cig lighter that normally goes to the +12v constant.

Now when you go to start the car, if the cig lighter is pushed in(as though you are trying to heat it up), the relay will trip connecting the starter wire and allowing the engine to crank. By simply popping the lighter out of the socket to wher it is just sitting there(not heating up) it will not make contact and allow it to start. You can just pop it out of the heating mode or take it out and put it in your pocket but either way the car will not start and what theif will check that when it doesn't crank.
Now that is a good idea I also suggest compustar if your looking for a remote starter/alarm combo.
Also I have a set of wheel locks around here somewhere that should fit your car if I can find them you can have them just pay shipping.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it is a neat and simple way to use what is inside the car to do something different.

now if there is an easy way to jump fuses and bypass everything under the dash then use put this starter kill under the hood as close to the starte as you can and that should fix any problems.

compustars remote start on manuals really is the way to go. It is all built into the main module so it is easy and fool proof.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

"Twisties" get jacked because they look good on any civic or teg.... I'd sell them now and put some 17's on it...Hell, I'd bet you could trade them strait-up for a set right now....

Seminal recognition takes too long...... And you might abuse the system.... :lol:

It's funny you bring up the keypad thing.... After The Transporter came out, I saw afew of those.... :roll: Looks easy to get past..... Years back, my boss had the thing called "MAGIC" which was a seperate unit from the alarm on his TL. Looked like a normal keyring but the car wouldn't start until you put it over the sensor hidden under the carpet..... Think visa "qwik-pass".......

But lastly, PAY THE EXTRA INSURANCE TO COVER AFTER MARKET STEREO/ACCESSORIES!!!!!! For only acouple more bucks a month you can sleep alittle better at night knowing that if some jackass steals yer shit you aren't fucked..... I think I pay an extra $3 for $5000 coverage.....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

think of the cig lighter as a "magic" system if you wire it up the way I said.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

That's a bitchin idea Scott...... :clap:
I can't say I've ever heard of that....... Where did you get that from?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
GX3

Post by GX3 »

My kill system was a magnetic switch hidden behind the plastic panel just under the steering column on the left side. In order to start you hold the magnet over top of the switch as you start the car. No magnet no start
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

right and with mine no cig lighter no start.

I worked at a store the specialized in security for a while, I know a bunch of cool little tricks like that.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

that is fucking brilliant. that will be implemented for sure.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

One issue is that with a manual transmission vehicle if a thief breaks the column and wants it bad enough they could push start it by dumping the clutch. You could get a little extra piece of mind by implementing a safety like that for an ignition kill or fuel kill as opposed to a starter kill.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

hmm, true. maybe use same cig lighter relay idea, and wire it to the fuel pump so it wont get any gas!