The Tacoma has been sold...

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
NewOldStock

The Tacoma has been sold...

Post by NewOldStock »

Well, my 1998 Tacoma was parked in front of my sisters place for 49 hours with a for sale sign in it before someone brought me full asking price in cash.

fastest I have ever sold a vehicle...

the good part is that the new owner didnt want the system that was in it... so I got to pull it all. I did leave the head unit for him and put in a new pair of front speakers so he had a radio, but I pulled everything else... including most of the wiring - had to sacrifice the RCA's... not a big loss.

why did I sell it? because after the last camping trip with my 6yr old, 7yr old, wife and all of our crap (which literally FILLED the cab AND the bed) it was pretty easy to tell that the truck was just too small for our rapidly growing family.

This weekend, I found a bone stock white 1997 Dodge Ram 1500, extra cab in real nice shape and will be picking it up tomorrow... possibly tonight.

So... the front speakers (from looking at crutchfield) are a 6x9, which should be perfect for a 6.5" and tweeter comp set and underneath the rear seat looks like there is enough room for a pair of 10's... I have 1 fosgate P3 10 that has been kicking around my shop for a while that I can use...

So... here is the system list:
head unit - TBD
interconnects - TBD (probably cheapies, just going for "good" sound)
front amp - Elemental Designs Nine.2
front splits - CDT
sub amp - Elemental Designs Nine.2
sub (first choice) - Fosgate P3 10
sub (second choice) - dual 8" CDT

no processing.

depending on the head unit, I might get a line driver... but thats TBD.

I have a .5 farad cap that I was running in the Tacoma that I may use as a power filter to my fronts, but since I am not pulling THAT much power, I am not too worried about it.

the fronts will get around 100w each from the eD amp...
the 10" sub will get around 200w per channel @ 2ohm or a mono 4-ohm load of 400w (either way, about 200w per 2-ohm VC)

I should probably consider putting in some deadener, but I am trying to do this on the CHEAP since all my extra system money is being saved/spent on the Camaro.

Thoughts?
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold