Gymkhana 3

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Gymkhana 3

Post by stipud »

Whoah
Last edited by stipud on Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
money-b

Post by money-b »

H-O-L-Y! S-H-I-T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LIKE SOME OLD SCHOOL OG PLAYSTATION 1,GRAN TURISMO 1 SHIT!
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

man that guy has some skills, drove the tires right off of it....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Now that's some kickass driving right there..........

I'd love to spend my time practicing for this event......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

tire test fail!!!!!!! i bet when this dude ask his friends if they want to ride with him to the store they all go run and hide :shaking2:
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

no see it can be done in real life not just video games...lol very cool I would love to see him in a movie getting away from the cops :twisted:
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

kg1961 wrote:no see it can be done in real life not just video games...lol very cool I would love to see him in a movie getting away from the cops :twisted:
i have a 400+ horsepower mustang that ive done some drifting in while running from the cops it didn't hurt that i have 8.5 inch tires in the front and 10 incher's in the back. it was crazy if the back would slide one way in the corner i would feather the gas to make it slide the other way, there was no catching me with their primitive driving skill's :twisted: :siren: :shaking2:
Last edited by The Golden One on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

The Golden One wrote:
kg1961 wrote:no see it can be done in real life not just video games...lol very cool I would love to see him in a movie getting away from the cops :twisted:
i have a 400+ horsepower mustang that ive done some drifting in while running from the cops it didn't hirt that i have 8.5 inch tires in the front and 10 incher's in the back. it was crazy if the back would slide one way in the corner i would feather the gas to make it slide the other way, there was no catching me with their primitive driving skill's :siren: :twisted: :metal:
Yeah, but there's one thing faster than any car on the road, and that's a radio. All they gotta do is radio some backup and they got a few more boys in blue after ya.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

i was too gone on a back road i take it you've not seen duke's of hazard. :lol:
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

The Golden One wrote:i was too gone on a back road i take you've not seen duke's of hazard. :lol:
Yeah, and I've also seen Star Wars, but that doesn't make it real. :lol: I've always contemplated what I would do if the cops ever tried to pull me over on my old crotch rocket. I don't think I'd have the balls to run.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

dwnrodeo wrote:
The Golden One wrote:i was too gone on a back road i take you've not seen duke's of hazard. :lol:
Yeah, and I've also seen Star Wars, but that doesn't make it real. :lol: I've always contemplated what I would do if the cops ever tried to pull me over on my old crotch rocket. I don't think I'd have the balls to run.
yea it's really better not to run so i try to keep the piece with the police so they don't have a reason, it's just that some of them think if your driving a 5.0 or camaro then that's reason enough to pull you over :wink:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

hes a fucking sweet stunt driver...but he can't seem to put that into use in rally events
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bfowler wrote:hes a fucking sweet stunt driver...but he can't seem to put that into use in rally events
Seems to be a lot of different takes in that video, but what the hell, it's super entertaining. His group has marketing skills, that's for sure.

It's unfortunate that only guys like him can make rallying popular in North America. Our TV audience seems to need that constant over the top spectacle and heavy product placement that WRC just doesn't have. :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

really wish rally was bigger here... That is some insane racing and crazy skill.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I like the PIKE'S PEAK challenge every year......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
jsayre914

Post by jsayre914 »

i enjoyed the vid :D
1973 Porsche 914 2.0
Joseph Sayre
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

if I was healthy and could travel I would be willing to make a roadtrip to experience a rally. Seems like it would be different then most race experience....
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

kg1961 wrote:.lol very cool I would love to see him in a movie getting away from the cops :twisted:
So would I, that would be worth seeing.
Howler wrote:hes a fucking sweet stunt driver...but he can't seem to put that into use in rally events
THANK YOU!!!!!!

I still think Sebastian Loeb could take him, Loeb could do what Block did in that video (same track setup) and still have the tires left at the end. In fact, I've seen him do it on youtube (I should've fav'd that vid). He has TOTAL car control which though it looks like Block does, he doesn't or he'd still have tires at the end, even w/all the burn outs/360's+.Block was running off the rev limiter 90% of that, Loeb wouldn't saving those tires. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Block sucks, he doesn't. He is in fact badass in that WOW factor. If you take all of the WRC drivers Past/Present, Block would be at the top of the list in the 98% area, but Loeb would in fact be at the top of all the drivers. It was something said in one of the WRC races just a few weeks back (had nothing to do w/Block) about how Loeb has been the WRCs best ever driver in ALL catagories. They were talking about how he could have the championship clenched in, what would be the next race as of 9/6/10, FOR THE 7th YEAR IN A ROW.

I couldn't do it w/o some serious time practicing, If I can swing my fullsize truck around and control it, I know I could do what he does, BUT it would take me a few years of doing it. I'm not trying to say I'm all that, cause I'm not.[/b]
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

This still isn't the video I saw from a few years ago, but it's an in car ride through the real thing, not around barrels and Orange cones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt7dq3LfkTg&NR=1
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
money-b

Post by money-b »

one is competition....one is for entertainment! i don't get the same excitement from the second video....it's a race where if he doesn't do well he dies maybe...block's was purely for our entertainment! kinda like apples and oranges thing in my opinion......and i don't think he was too concernd about saving the tires at the end....he wanted to blow them....that's why he had drift tires on the car.
ALPINE CDA-9815,ALPINE CDA-7897
TI 500.4,TI 800.1
2 X JL AUDIO W6V2
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

It was a very cool video until the segway showed up.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I kinda think he wanted to drive the tires off of it, like it might not have been an accident. I don't think it was his lack of skill that led him limping back at the end of the vid.

We will never know how many takes he took to do all of this or how long he was practicing each of these to do it. I am sure that almost any rally driver would be able to do this stuff if you gave him a couple of sets of tires or a couple of cars and a day er two to practice. Now to be able to react the way they do to the instructions during a race at a race pace with a passenger is completely different and yet still cool as shit. I am entertaned by all of it wishing I had the ability and the opportunity to do it.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I ran from the cops once about 10 years ago on my R6 I got away in town just because of shear acceleration and quick braking allowing me to simply out run and out manuever them but it didn't matter I live in a small town I didn't drive the bike for a month after and they still knew it was me and talked to me about it.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am not proud to say that I ran 2 times, but it was not like it was a high speed chase.

One time I dropped off my girlfriend just after high school, she was going to drive to my place, and i was driving home in what was then the mustang my mother owned. There was a car infront of me doing 30 in a 35, so when traffic cleared I threw it in 2nd and roared past. I was watching the road and rpm's more then the speedo and slapped in in 3rd not noticing that I was on the other side of 65 now when I came across the cop in the parking lot watching it all. I didn't look back as I was a little more then a mile from my house so I was happy to catch the stop light in green and pull into the garage as fast as I could. When my girlfriend showed up 5 mins later(she didn't see anything) first words out of her mouth was if I was running as she saw 3 sherrifs on the way over....

the other time was on my sport bike and this time I saw him going the other way, half a mile from my house. I was doing 20 over in a small indiana town so when I saw him pull a U-turn I just kept going like I was until I was in the garage.

Not something I am proud of but I was not going crazy either time. If I had not been so close to a garage I would have never thought about it, otherwise I have had 2 tickets in 19 yrs of driving.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I can see the entertainment thing, but I'm just as entertained watching Loeb and the others doing their thing. That cliff off to their left in that video is a sheer drop off of great height. That is what I love about it and these guys go about it as if they were doing 80 on a straight long stretch of road.

The 2nd vid I found from the Mexico race had hills they'd take at 140kph (~85mph) getting airborne while entering a turn they couldn't see, yea the co-pilot lets the driver know but to still go at it full throttle????

Install: