New Atom

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

New Atom

Post by stipud »

10krpm V8 in a tube frame :shock:
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

that car was nuts too begin with....thats lunacy. sounds like it needs a front spoiler
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

dude was clearly not pushing the limit's of modern tire technology i would dust dude's ass off in a porsche 944 ive once taken a 15mph corner at 65 mph and the back of the car just bit down. i may have even went faster but where talking imsa roadracing speeds and i would dust dude no matter what power to weight ratio dude's running.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I was lucky enough to pull up next to an old one a few years back with a buddy in my mustang. Let me change that, lucky enough to CATCH up to one, just long enough for him to give us a show of its acceleration at 70 mph and holy shit even at that speed it just took off.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

The Golden One wrote:dude was clearly not pushing the limit's of modern tire technology i would dust dude's ass off in a porsche 944 ive once taken a 15mph corner at 65 mph and the back of the car just bit down. i may have even went faster but where talking imsa roadracing speeds and i would dust dude no matter what power to weight ratio dude's running.
maybe...but he is probably thinking about how its his ass if he wreaks that car :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

that car is bad to the bone but it lack's balance it's light in the front leaving little room for error add to it that much power and you could be in the fence real quick. my car has nearly perfect 50/50 weight distribution it can handle better than allot of car's costing several time's it's cost i know i cant beat him in the straight's but in the corners is where it's at.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

my money is still on the atom.

I wonder how much of the light front end could be solved with a front end spoiler? i noticed the v8 needed a rear spoiler
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

I would agree that a front spoiler would probably do wonders for the car. Anytime you can control the wind and have it help you is a good thing, especially in a car so light like the ATOM. This thing is killer!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

it is 2x as impressive in person. The night I saw it both people had open face helmets and the passenger looked over 100, all old and wrinkly. IT was funny to see the wrinkles flutter in the wind when he flew by me when I was doing 80.
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

That's some funny shit! Where's a camera when you need it! I have never seen one in person, other than at a car show or something like that. Wait... I take that back. A couple of weeks ago I saw one in Bellevue, but he was going the other way and took a corner way to fast, but not too fast for that car ;) That was the last I saw of it. My subie t-wagon didn't stand a chance, but I did try to find it again after that, with no luck of course :)

Would be sweet to take a ride in one, especially after owning a bike, I think it would be sweet to see what it feels like to have four wheels with the same power to weight ratio, or at least close to it :)
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I took some video, but it was night so all you see is headlights and blurs but you can hear it launch. It sounded like a cross betweena bike and a car, but bike acceleration.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

a spoiler can only do so much and only at high speed at lower speeds and on an uneven road surface that car will come unglued. dude i almost died in a vw show beatle that was lowered and had porsche 911 wheels on it the front was to light i hit a dry patch and then flipped over in a ditch. that wasnt even the bad part the car was still upside down and the radio was still playing so i try to cut it off well guess what the gas tank being in the front and a spark from the radio made flame's shoot out of the dash and burned me. if i had been unconscious or not have gotten the door open i wouldnt be here today
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The Golden One wrote:dude was clearly not pushing the limit's of modern tire technology i would dust dude's ass off in a porsche 944 ive once taken a 15mph corner at 65 mph and the back of the car just bit down. i may have even went faster but where talking imsa roadracing speeds and i would dust dude no matter what power to weight ratio dude's running.
No kidding, the guy is not a race driver, nor is he at a race track! I am sure that on a race track, both driven balls to the wall, a 944 would be no competition, despite the Atom's less than ideal 40/60 weight distribution.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

stipud wrote:
No kidding, the guy is not a race driver, nor is he at a race track! I am sure that on a race track, both driven balls to the wall, a 944 would be no competition, despite the Atom's less than ideal 40/60 weight distribution.
not saying your wrong but it has been said that a properly setup 944 can beat a 911 at the track so it would be some sort of competition to say the least.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The Golden One wrote:not saying your wrong but it has been said that a properly setup 944 can beat a 911 at the track so it would be some sort of competition to say the least.
911's have a lot of trouble on the track with the regular Honda 4-banger Atoms, let alone those with the 10krpm 3L V8 ;)
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

if youll notice at the end of the atom vrs the 911 their is a car their catching up to what car could that be hmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqeuEiAnunc
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Again that's not the V8 model with double the power, and he was going WAAAY faster than the 944 :lol:
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

yea i know the v8 does wonder's at the drag strip but i woulnt want to be the one to drive it in a road racing event id rather run a proven handler.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

fuck I would take it.. You saw what the old one did to the top gear track right? I understand that slapping a higher power motor doesn't necessarily mean it would go around that track faster but I wouldn't pass judgement until I saw it.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

1. 1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
2. 1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo Sport
3. 1:17.3 - Ascari A10
4. 1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)
5. 1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)
6. 1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F Clubsport
7. 1:17.9 - Caterham Seven R500 (cold tyres)
8. 1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron
9. 1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
10. 1:18.9 - Maserati MC12
11. 1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
12. 1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari
13. 1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia
14. 1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
15. 1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
16. 1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300
17. 1:19.7 - Nissan GT-R
18. 1:19.7 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia
19. 1:19.8 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP640
20. 1:19.8 - Porsche Carrera GT

So the only Porsche that can compete with the bog standard Atom on Top Gear's track is the new GT2. :shock:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Damn..........yer tryin awfly hard to convince us that a 911/944 can hold a candle to an ATOM.............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All I retained from that video is that it's almost the same as a GP2 car in the power to weight ratio @ 900bwhp per ton....... :shock:

Saying both an Atom and a 911/44 were setup perfect for whatever track they were on, I'd still put my money on the Atom to win by alot in a time attack race....... Hell, have you seen the WRX scene lately....? Some of those cars would smoke a porsche. :twisted: There's one inparticular that's up around 600bwhp and 500fpt and he tears up PIR like it's nothing......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!