OTEC time

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

You'll note that in the back end pics the plate bulbs were hanging out.. Well when I removed the lights they were completely white lol..

Easy fix, just clean off the lenses with steel wool (soap ones) and then put a rectangle mask over, paint black, remove mask and clear. Nice shiny new set :)

The tail is 99% complete now, all that's left is a 6" optix to go below the plate that will light up with the 24" optix behind the mesh and the red strobes in the OEM tinted fogs.

And today I got up early again and finished off the hood vents, repainted and cleared..

I spoke with the guys last night and they all pretty much said the same thing, roll with the plan on the vents because that was my idea and how I wanted it.. Fair enough I guess, I mean I have to admit it's what I wanted :)

I did do a good job of painting them tho :)
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

The vents really should be the same color as the car, as it is they look very out of place, and being black makes them stand out even worse giving the impression of a serious hack job.

At least mask off the louvers and paint the primary body of them after blending them into the hood better.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

Pandy not tiring to be an ass but I look at that paint and it reminds me of a snow globe that mated with a disco ball………but for some odd reason I like it.

Keep the vents the way you want them even though it does look a bit out of place.

Image +

Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

I don't like the vents all together, so no comment... :lol:
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Mastiff wrote:Pandy not tiring to be an ass but I look at that paint and it reminds me of a snow globe that mated with a disco ball………but for some odd reason I like it.

Keep the vents the way you want them even though it does look a bit out of place.

Image +

Aww thanks man :)

Yeah I have to admit it's pretty fucking ridiculous really... but it's oh so subtle and really makes people stop to say "what the fuck is going on with that paintjob? one minute its glittery and green, then it's glittery and orange and then there's no glitter at all...."

I love it, and Im SOOO proud of myself for getting this far practically alone.. Ive gotten real emotional over it lately and every time I get on another of the dress up items that have been sitting around the apartment for eons I get more and more buzzed :D

I have mentioned before that I'm extremely eccentric, and I love Ratfink and Ed Roth and the glittery hotrods from the 60's and 70's.. Cool part is I have melded that with a Noir kind of color scheme.. The coolest part is that if you took a photo of my car with black and white film it would look pretty much identical..

Here are the mirrors, done -

One side -

The other side -

I'm not taking any chances, and I dont have to be anywhere til about 7pm so Im gonna let 'em hang out there to bake in this ridiculous sun :)

Cool thing is that when I was out there I noted in my little trashbox the expended can of Kameleon green to blue... Hmm.. Can we squeeze out a little more for the A pillar covers?

Course we fucking can :D :D :D :D :D

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Thumper88 wrote:I don't like the vents all together, so no comment... :lol:
Fair enough Thumper :) tbh theyre not getting a great reception here in the states but then I didnt expect them to.. They do serve a mechanical purpose tho, and they are properly vented to let the heat out (I can see it coming out in waves so I know theyre working lol.

Alot of what I have done with this car is VERY Brit/Euro on the styling side, this isnt the first custom car I have done but it will certainly be the last lmao.

I have a set of badges from the UK awaiting their appearance, see in the UK we dont have any mexicans or spanish so they didnt call the Tiburon a Tiburon.. Tiburon is spanish for shark or something, we called it the Coupe..

The same dude who gave me the vents (Arthur, yank with brit heritage and LOVES english cars and styling) had the badgeset from the UK Coupe on his Tiburon before spinning it into a ditch in the rain and killing it..

My tail covers, corners, vents and all kinds of other bits were all given to me for free by him, so I owe him alot :)

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Git R Done !

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

do you plan to drop it down any ?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

I did, but there arent really any decent drop kits for the RD1 and after seeing the horrendous mess Eibach have gotten my friend Tom's tib into I'm leery.. Plus it's around a grand to do it, and here in south jerz (farners heaven) the roads are shitty, so tbh I think Ill give it a miss..

The stock suzzy is Mcpherson gas struts mated into porsche designed springs, so it's rock hard and you dont really gain any handling from lowering, just a look..

Who knows what the future holds tho tbh.. I mean next week Im going to a woodshop a mate of mine has to build a new amp rack (one that has 3 amps in mind not the 2 I used to run) and the covering panels for the wires and stuff... so basically I need to finish the trunk.

Then I have the 24" red streetglo going in behind the mesh mouth, the fogs with red strobes and a 6" streetglo for the tail plate inset.. I also have a red knight rider style swooping led thing that's going on the parcel shelf and will wire to the Clifford's set LED (so itll swoop when the alarms on) and 4 green neons for the trunk install..

Yeah yeah, I know people here aint into lighting but don't forget Im dipping into show season soon and the more you add in the way of rice and FX the more points you score.. I want trophies, Ive worked fucking hard for them :)

Once all that's done then no doubt if I aint boning no bitch I will move onto something else.. Mate of mine has a couple of spare turbos and Im looking to boost (SC or TC not decided yet) and Im sure this car will never end..

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

BTW mast youre a bastard for showing me that disco ball :lol:

As soon as I saw it I remembered the song D.I.S.C.O by ottowan and downloaded it, burnt it to a cd and have been thumping it in the car ALL DAY, chair dancing in my seat and waving my hands around LOL.

People stare at me like Im fucking bonkers :lol:

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

The power of the disco ball compels you !

ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

hmm I wonder if I could hang one of them on the headliner......

PMSL :lol:

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

:) back again lol..

So yesterday was real busy.. First I took of the plastic cowl and repainted it with the wiper arms that looked a bit worse for wear..

And then drove to Art's to finish the paint off.. It came out ok, got a very small run but I can buff that one out.

Art also gave me this - (we painted it black)

And that's going on sometime today before work as the clear was still a bit sticky last night :) This is the UK name for a Tiburon, and the UK badge for it. We painted it black and Im going to put it somewhere cental on the tail of the car.. I was tickled pink tbh because it looks alot like the Carerra logo I ordered that I never got. The C is most identical :)

I now have to get a good electric buffer as there are now a couple of dry patches on the body.. Good thing is that theyre over what was perfect paint, so theyll buff out no problems..

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.