Stipud's New Whip

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

gridracer wrote:Helmets are 1 thing I never cheap out on the thing protects your noggin wouldn't you want something that has been tested and passed both snell and dot testing? I currently have 4 different helmets I have 1 for each thing I ride.
Also HJC are good helmets even nicely priced,cheap is cutting your own hair is cutting your own hair HJC are inexpensive but still quality lids.
I have never seen a KBC helmet at least it's not a walmart sigi piece of shyte.
I got an HJC Symax for Wendy. The KBC helmets are Snell & DOT, easily rated as high as HJC gear. For the money I am stoked on the helmets we got. Why do people pay a grand on a Shoei helmet that doesn't offer better protection?
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I have an Arai I got on sale. It is the greatest as you can change the lens, from smoked to clear for day and night, with no tools in about 15 seconds.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

stipud wrote:I got an HJC Symax for Wendy. The KBC helmets are Snell & DOT, easily rated as high as HJC gear. For the money I am stoked on the helmets we got. Why do people pay a grand on a Shoei helmet that doesn't offer better protection?
That's kind of like asking why buy Phoenix Gold when I can buy Thump amps and it'll amplify my music just the same. :) It's about quality. Try on a Shoei and you'll figure it out. I have an off brand motocross helmet that is DOT and Snell approved and a Shoei helmet that is DOT and Snell approved and I can tell you which one I'd like to have on my head for several hours of riding.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

oldschoolfan wrote:I have an Arai I got on sale. It is the greatest as you can change the lens, from smoked to clear for day and night, with no tools in about 15 seconds.
Both of my helmets can do the same.
dwnrodeo wrote:That's kind of like asking why buy Phoenix Gold when I can buy Thump amps and it'll amplify my music just the same. :) It's about quality. Try on a Shoei and you'll figure it out. I have an off brand motocross helmet that is DOT and Snell approved and a Shoei helmet that is DOT and Snell approved and I can tell you which one I'd like to have on my head for several hours of riding.
Meh, i've tried out both Arai and Shoei helmets and did not find justification for the price, besides better appearance. Build quality and comfort were not leaps and bounds better. Different strokes I guess? Certainly buying a $500 shoei for a $700 scooter doesn't seem worthwhile, especially when I can only barely reach 80km/h.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

stipud wrote:Meh, i've tried out both Arai and Shoei helmets and did not find justification for the price, besides better appearance. Build quality and comfort were not leaps and bounds better. Different strokes I guess? Certainly buying a $500 shoei for a $700 scooter doesn't seem worthwhile, especially when I can only barely reach 80km/h.
I totally agree.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I don't want to sound all preachy and crap but I have seen folks killed from head injuries while walking. Remember it isn't about your speed or skills, it is usually the other ace that causes the crash.

Regardless of speed, if you have a $30. head, then buy a $30. helmet.

Not saying your helmets aren't fine, just making a point.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I don't trust myself on one so therefore I don't own one. IF I did, it would HAVE to go from 0-hospital bed in under 4 sec flat.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I had a cbr600f2 back in the day and now I have a scar on my head I rub anytime it starts to sound like fun or a good idea..
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Re: Stipud's New Whip

Post by HoseHead »

Scooters are like fat girls.
A helluva a blast to ride until someone sees you.

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

Here's my bike Kawasaki 450R

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
ROBSCUSTOMSAPK

Post by ROBSCUSTOMSAPK »

I have a few bikes. I own a taiwanese scooter with stereo system, 84 YAMAHA rz 350 KENNY Roberts (just sold), YAMAHA BANSHEE with about $30k in it, and Honda 250r quad with about $25k in it. Scooters are fun and I love the 90+mpg I get from mine. And their are about a million aftermarket parts for gy6 based engines.
JVC usb/cd h/u
PG ti eq6
4x PG ti6cs
2x Eminence alpha 12"
2x Incriminator Audio 18" Judges
2x Incriminator Audio 3.4
2x Incriminator Audio 40.1

AUTHORIZED PHOENIX GOLD DEALER.
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

Here's mine guys.......2007 Honda CBR 600RR, removed all decals, added a few to the bottom of all brands of mod parts I have done. I also pc'd all the foot pegs to match the frame and rear swing arm.
Attachments
1299516006363.jpg
1299516006363.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 6393 times
1299515967100.jpg
1299515967100.jpg (31.25 KiB) Viewed 6393 times
1299515937757.jpg
1299515937757.jpg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 6393 times
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

Just-for-fun bike; modded Suzuki SV650.
Daily workhorse; Honda SH150.
During my employment at a motorcycle shop for 12 years I drove about anything on two wheels from the smallest to the biggest models.
Changed my dyno'd Honda CBR900RR for the SV650 after my wife had a bad sundaymorning...5 minutes after I drove off for a spin hell broke loose while everything with sirens we have around here raced for the highway. [not for me] .I did not hear/feel my cellphone ringing and she was sick with worry..that did it.
But in spite of the Suzuki not easily doing over 300Km/Hr like the Honda, I could not resist to make some changes... it has surprised many fellow-riders while accelerating after some changes made. This bike will however keep me from driving over 200/hr since my arms will end up kinda stretched doing so. [and I do not feel the need anymore to overtake everything in front of me because of the slow-but- ever-decreasing hormone levels due to my age :wink: ]
Never had a accident, AVOIDED MANY.
Adapt your thinking-ahead to your speed, always be aware of the capability's of your bike and you'll be safe.
As for helmets; I've been selling helmets and have seen customers after heavy crashes...a CARBONFIBRE helmet [such as Arai, Shoei offer] will withstand much greater force than a standard POLYCARBONATE [moped] helmet thus will protect your skull better against braking/ puncturing. These helmets also offer a much better fitting around the head, absorbing a hit evenly plus staying on your head better during impact. Did I mention these helmets also have a anti-fog shield which gives a clear vision on the road wheen it rains, better airflow for more air to breathe while driving with the visor down, PLUS higher quality locking-strap which is a great asset when somebody else has to remove the helmet while you're lying on the street after a crash....It really is worth every penny in the end.....period.
Attachments
SV650 rider.jpg
SV650 rider.jpg (95.43 KiB) Viewed 6359 times
sh 150 002.JPG