Stipud's New Whip

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Stipud's New Whip

Post by stipud »

Derbi Bullet "Atlantis Race"
50cc 2 stroke Piaggio ET2 motor
CVT... too easy to ride

Downs syndrome goth fairy sticker for extra classiness.
Attachments
This will probably be the first thing to go...
This will probably be the first thing to go...
IMG_8449.jpg (90 KiB) Viewed 12664 times
Needs a bit of TLC, but in decent shape.
Needs a bit of TLC, but in decent shape.
IMG_8450.jpg (113.76 KiB) Viewed 12664 times
IMG_8448.jpg
IMG_8448.jpg (96.16 KiB) Viewed 12664 times
Last edited by stipud on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

love the rims!!!good day to all
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Yeah with those neon green rims, now I can be a Ken Block poser by slapping DC shoe and Monster energy drink logos all over it :lol:
denim

Post by denim »

Looks like fun. :)
eulogious
"Loogie"

Re: Tuesday

Post by eulogious »

stipud wrote:Ok camera is finally charged... here it is :D

Derbi Bullet "Atlantis Race"
50cc 2 stroke Piaggio ET2 motor
CVT... too easy to ride

Downs syndrome goth fairy sticker for extra classiness.
Where are you going to put your purse on that thing? :lol: Isn't there a tampon holder under the seat or something like that? I though that was an option... :lol:

I just had to say something :) You gotten run over on it yet? :lol: That's the only reason why I don't own a scooter is I would be afraid I would get run over :lol:

Well, at least it's 2 wheels, I will give you that! Have fun man, and remember to keep the shinny side up! :)
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

There's a purse holding clip right between the knees (you can see it on the second pic beside the ignition). It has a trunk big enough to fit an XL helmet, so I could fit at least 25 pounds or more of used tampons in there, easily.

I got my helmet on monday ($60), plate and insurance yesterday ($100). In total with the bike, tax, three month's prepaid insurance and a helmet I am still under $1000. This thing is CHEAP to run and maintain. It goes 70km/h on flat ground, and since Vancouver is basically a 50km/h zone with traffic lights every block, until you get out into the suburbs, there's really no road it can't take.

Riding it around is a hell of a lot more fun than the car. Stopping, starting and turning felt like such a chore before, and the car was so bloody fast that I would just get road rage in the slow ass city traffic. Now I actually enjoy the drive a lot more, especially when the weather is nice. The usual slow pace feels way faster. Instead of taking the main roads I can take the biker oriented side streets, which are way quieter and nicer, not to mention I actually end up getting places FASTER than with the car! Instead of $70 a tank I am paying $5 ($10 for an equivalent range in city traffic). Not to mention it saves lots of wear and tear on my (currently DOA) Saab (Swedish Auto Always Broken).

It's definitely less safe than a car on the main roads, but no less safe than a motorcycle. In fact since it can't go a million miles per hour I will be less likely to kill myself. But yeah, as with motorbikes, your greatest danger is going to be other drivers. I will probably take a motorcycle training course just to get those skills, and maybe get a motorcycle license so I can move up later. It certainly has highlighted the stupidity of some other drivers. On monday I had a guy (with a new driver placard) race by me going 80km/h through a school zone (30km/h limit) IN THE SAME LANE, giving me no less than a foot of passing room. But then he slammed on the brakes to make a left turn into a parking lot, forcing me to stop behind him. Seriously, you had to get ahead of me THAT BAD just to stop 10 feet ahead? Way to prove the superiority of your CHEVY BLAZER, buddy. :naughty:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Oh yeah, I cleaned it up and finally got rid of that lame ass sticker (that piece of shit took me half an hour to peel off).
Attachments
profile.jpg
profile.jpg (53.07 KiB) Viewed 12606 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 12606 times
back.jpg
back.jpg (64.57 KiB) Viewed 12606 times
helmut.jpg
helmut.jpg (76.19 KiB) Viewed 12606 times
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Scooters rule! I have four myself. Have fun with it. Just ride it as though everyone is trying to hit you and you will be ok.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

oldschoolfan wrote:Scooters rule! I have four myself. Have fun with it. Just ride it as though everyone is trying to hit you and you will be ok.
SCOOTER POWER :lol:

Yeah after growing up in Holland and Germany, I don't have the same scooter stigma that most people do here. These things are a blast... anyone who hasn't ridden one is missing out.

What scoots have you got? Post them up!
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I took my first trip to Italia last year. Scooter heaven! We went to Verona and I was floored at how many scooters there were and who was riding them. There was a stretch of road that was parked full of scooters for blocks and blocks. I love a place where grandmas ride scooters. Those folks really get it.

I have a Honda Spree, two 1987 Honda Elite 50 S, and a Yamahar Jog. I also have two big kid bikes, a Yamahar YZ125 dirt bike and a Yamahar R6.
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

This is what I put around on in the summer. GSXR 600. I bought it for 2 grand with mismatched panels and numerous scratches to them. I took it to my local shop and paid $550 to have it painted Arctic Silver Metallic. I fell in love after I put all the panels back on. This thing turns a few heads around my area. I've opted to not have any decals... I like it that way. This thing has a stage 3 jet kit and upgraded pipe. It sounds awesome and scares the shit about of me when I really get on it. Here's a before and after pic.
Attachments
022.jpg
022.jpg (72.63 KiB) Viewed 12598 times
009 before.jpg
009 before.jpg (49.95 KiB) Viewed 12598 times
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Audible Physics XR3m (mid)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

oldschoolfan wrote:I have a Honda Spree, two 1987 Honda Elite 50 S, and a Yamahar Jog.
Those are AWESOME bikes man! I was looking into a Spree and a Jog before, but I managed to get into this newish Derbi with lower KMs for the same price. It's faster and being newer I worry less about parts availability (though the Spree and Jog were so popular that probably won't be an issue for 20+ years).
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ShockTherapy wrote:This is what I put around on in the summer. GSXR 600. I bought it for 2 grand with mismatched panels and numerous scratches to them. I took it to my local shop and paid $550 to have it painted Arctic Silver Metallic. I fell in love after I put all the panels back on. This thing turns a few heads around my area. I've opted to not have any decals... I like it that way. This thing has a stage 3 jet kit and upgraded pipe. It sounds awesome and scares the shit about of me when I really get on it. Here's a before and after pic.
That's a CLEAN looking bike man. I agree with the decal-less look.

Crotch rockets scare the bejesus out of me. I don't think I could drive anything quicker than an 80's Honda or Yamaha cruiser. :lol:
ShockTherapy

Post by ShockTherapy »

stipud wrote:
ShockTherapy wrote:This is what I put around on in the summer. GSXR 600. I bought it for 2 grand with mismatched panels and numerous scratches to them. I took it to my local shop and paid $550 to have it painted Arctic Silver Metallic. I fell in love after I put all the panels back on. This thing turns a few heads around my area. I've opted to not have any decals... I like it that way. This thing has a stage 3 jet kit and upgraded pipe. It sounds awesome and scares the shit about of me when I really get on it. Here's a before and after pic.
That's a CLEAN looking bike man. I agree with the decal-less look.

Crotch rockets scare the bejesus out of me. I don't think I could drive anything quicker than an 80's Honda or Yamaha cruiser. :lol:
Yeh... I'm a girl on it. I rarely push it at all. I just like cruisin' :D
Clarion DRZ-9255
JL HD 900/5
Zapco Z300
JBL MS-8
Dynaudio MW160 (midbass)
Audible Physics XR3m (mid)
Morel MT23 (high)
Morel 5c (Rearfill)
Morel Ultimo SC12
eulogious
"Loogie"

Post by eulogious »

Nice man, it's really clean and looks like it's in good shape!

You see, my first "bike" was a 1980 Yamahopper.

Like this!

Mine was blue and all :)

It was a 50cc scooter! I had a blast with that thing man. I but like 3000 miles on it, and that was before I got my license! So don't get me wrong, I like scooters, but I do find it funny to watch grown men ride them :lol: myself included :lol:

It looks like you got a good one, and just in time as well. You should have a blast man, just be careful and always be on the defensive. I have totalled 1 motorcycle, and I don't recommend it to anyone...

Have fun dude and be safe!
KDC x869
MB Quart RVF-216 6.5
SLD44
white zx450v2
white zx500
white BassCUBE
RSdC124
ZP Fuse Distro
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

if I can give you one hint on riding, assume every driver around you is the dumbest mofo that you could ever imagine having a license. It never failed that as I rode up and made eye contact with the driver that they would pull out right infront of me.

If you guys want some decals to customize them let me know. I just got that chrome vinyl that looks killer and I could make almost any design/logo you wanted. I also got another type that is semi-clear and printable if you want something with a crazy design or logo on it.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I used to ride. Had to sell it a few years back, but now I wish I had it back. :(
Boomshackalacka
12voltjunkie

Post by 12voltjunkie »

good advice ttocs.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Since we're sharing pics of scooters here is mine a 2008 honda cbr125r most fun I have had on a bike. My old yamaha R6 was really fast but this bike corners like crazy. I am too old for fast anymore. I prefer the 110 mpg.

Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Speaking of mopeds again, look what went down last saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj1lBfVKpI0
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Those 125cc bikes look like a ton of fun!

One of these days I'll learn how to ride, just for fun. I can't justify owning something sexy like that.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
CTKNY

Post by CTKNY »

not like your but it works!
Attachments
MT MORRIS 7.JPG
MT MORRIS 7.JPG (441.83 KiB) Viewed 12495 times
smokeyand thebandit

Post by smokeyand thebandit »

A pimped out scooter 8)
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

Post by smokeyand thebandit »

the gauges look like a happy face!
HP = FUN
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Helmets are 1 thing I never cheap out on the thing protects your noggin wouldn't you want something that has been tested and passed both snell and dot testing? I currently have 4 different helmets I have 1 for each thing I ride.
Also HJC are good helmets even nicely priced,cheap is cutting your own hair is cutting your own hair HJC are inexpensive but still quality lids.
I have never seen a KBC helmet at least it's not a walmart sigi piece of shyte.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.