spark plug loom

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

spark plug loom

Post by ttocs »

I got my custom length cable from magnacore after you guys recomended them and got to installing them yesterday. Took a little time to get the drivers side on because of the EGR crap but after some snaking I was happy to see the finishe product looked as good as I had hoped.

Went to the passenger side and up to this point I had been using my paper I wrote all my measurements on to make sure I had the right lengths in the right places. For the last 4 I just grabbed them in order of length. When I got to the 2nd cable on that side it was almost 3 inches short, what the fuck.... I put it to the side and grabbed the next one to do the next plug and found it was about 3 inches short, and the final one was almost 5 inches too long... When I started measuring, I realized that the #7 was an inch short(but could still work) and #8 were right but the #6 wire was 10" short, again WTF? I was glad I kept the page I wrote my measurements on as it showed that they cut it wrong, not me read it wrong. It didn't make much sence to me as I had the guy read all the lengths back to me and they were right. I called them up and was suprised to hear their offers of send it back and one we confirm it we will resend it, or buy another cable... I wanted to have it running for one of the last shows of the year this weekend, was looking forward to showing this stuff off but there was no way in hell I was going to buy another cable when it was their fuck up. I told him I was a little dissappointed that after spending $150 for custom length cables that with their mess up it would probably take another week to correct it. He agreed and is going to send it out in the morning thankfully...

I also added a little ricer touch to it for night shows and such.

what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Nice...............
I too am thinkin about some goodies.... Probly gonna start building my engine this winter if I get all the funds together as planned.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am also upgrading the fuel lines to an-6 lines and stainless braided so I will not have to worry about them. Check those lines on the passenger side if you have not as they have been known to leak and cause fires. All it takes is a couple of sniffs and if you smell gas its bad. I have all the russel model numbers if you want them.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I am also changing all the fuel lines to steel braided -6 and russel AN fittings,it's not cheap but once it's done it's forever.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have my intake off to paint it so I figured what the heck they are right there. I somehow missed the hose ends that I needed so I am now just waiting on those and the longer cable. I also found a bigger airfilter that I am going to put on in hopes of letting it breath better. I think I found the cam I need to match my trickflow heads, now I just need the roller rockers and It should put me at the 300 hp mark. Longterm goals include a turbo, but that will also include a new rear end and other suspension upgrades.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Why don't you get your intake powder coated? I am going to do mine in the spring.Probably do mine in chrome pc. Here is a pic of the engine I built.
Attachments
engineonstand.jpg
engineonstand.jpg (53.78 KiB) Viewed 6375 times

Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Where are you buying parts from Scott? I've been all over looking.....

After the rebuild of the motor.......
*Cobra intake
*70mm TB and spacer
*CAI
*Plug wires
*MSD 6a
*Tuning at a place called Horse Power Freaks

What parts do you have on yer car Scott? I too would like to get up around 275hp aswell but need reliability most of all.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

why didn't I powder coat it? Don't have the set up to do it myself but I have rattle cans!

Currently I am running a spectre CAI, to a 73mm pro products maf, 75 mm TB, and a ported upper/lower cobra intake with a 3/8" phenolic spacer. The longblock is still stock and the exhaust is BBK shorty's to a magnaflow catted-X pipe and dynamax side exhaust. Unfortuanatly last year when I got her running again we had some problems and lost the stock longblock on the dyno, so after putting in a rebuilt stock motor we re-tuned it and got 226 hp and 270 tq. I have trickflow twisted wedge heads that I am matching to a stage 1 cam that with the right rockers should put me in the 300 hp mark.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I didn't say why didn't you pc it I asked why don't you GET it pc'ed meaning matt or someone to do it.

ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I like to do things myself when I can. If the paint didn't come out the way I liked plan B was polishing it. Again that was something I would do myself. I would rather spend the money on either parts or tools for the job and learn how to do it myself when I can. I know that if I sent it to hyde with the rest of the stuff I plan on sending him it would come out perfect but whats the fun in that :idiot: .
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I understand I do everything I can myself too and I have all the stuff to do pc just not ready to do it yet but I am only doing local stuff for the car clubs and my buddies shop business. Nobody within 800 miles of my city does pc and the car clubs are all sending shit out so I bought alot of the stuff needed to do it before my surgery and since surgery have pretty much bought everything else. Just getting the shop ready which seems like forever.

The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

ttocs wrote:why didn't I powder coat it? Don't have the set up to do it myself but I have rattle cans!

Currently I am running a spectre CAI, to a 73mm pro products maf, 75 mm TB, and a ported upper/lower cobra intake with a 3/8" phenolic spacer. The longblock is still stock and the exhaust is BBK shorty's to a magnaflow catted-X pipe and dynamax side exhaust. Unfortuanatly last year when I got her running again we had some problems and lost the stock longblock on the dyno, so after putting in a rebuilt stock motor we re-tuned it and got 226 hp and 270 tq. I have trickflow twisted wedge heads that I am matching to a stage 1 cam that with the right rockers should put me in the 300 hp mark.
if you port match those twisted wedge heads you should be well past the 300 horse mark dude ive flow ported a stock 5.0 engine and was at the 300 mark and it was pulling bull nut's strong. :)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that is what I was figuring, it will be dyno tuned as well to make sure I get the most out of it as well. Longterm goal with it will be adding a turbo to the set up so that I can try and keep up with the new 5.0. I bough the cobra intake and spent some time on it with my dremel gasket-matching the runners while opening them up a bit both in the upper and the lower....