Wifes new ride

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
smgreen20

Wifes new ride

Post by smgreen20 »

The '93 Honda that was given to my wife last year has served its time. It's been acting up on occasion and it was real bad today. So I took what little $$ we had left from my grandma/dads estate and found her a 2000 Pontiac Grand AM SE. She had a '99 Grand AM GT that the blocked cracked in and shes been wanting another one.

So I got online today and found her her new car. It's the bright Metallic Blue she was also wanting. It has 155K highway miles on it and has been taken good care of. it does have it's issues but for the price we paid, how could you pass it up. What we saved I'll use to fix a few things on it.

I'll get some pics of it posted this weekend. So I can't wait for the stereo fun to begin w/this car. For now I'll just do the HU, an Eclipse 8443, for now and do the rest next spring.

What I have planned for it:
HU: Eclipse 8443
Speakers: Front- PG RSD6.5c, rear- ?? Memphis SE??
AMP: ZX450v2
SUB: PG XMAX 10/ LANZAR Pro12

I'll replace the caps over the winter in the ZX450 and the LANZAR Opti amp and I'll use the ZX450 to power the fronts and the sub. For now I'll use the PG XMAX 10 unless I managed to get the 12" LANZAR Pro from my friend by then, then I'll use that.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

Might I kindly suggest you make sure that the intake gaskets have been replaced with updated gaskets. Not just replaced with original gaskets but the updated ones from Fel-Pro. If is has not been done the engine will meet its doom. Oh, and what ever you do, make sure it does not have Dexcool, the pinkish orangish coolant. Other than that, great V6.

Just trying to help.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

It's the 4 cyl engine. My wifes other Pontiac she had had the 3.4 v6 and it had the gasket issue. Cracked the block.

They told us that it was taken care or 2 yrs ago on this car so I cool w/it.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

That's good news. No worries with the gasket on the 4 cylinder, only the V's. Still make sure you don't have Dexcool though. It is bad stuff.