carbon fiber

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

carbon fiber

Post by ttocs »

I decided to add some carbon fiber pieces to the stang. I am no going to go crazy with an hood or trunk lid but there is a spoiler that I have seen made of carbon fiber that looks cool and I hope to get after christmas.

To get it started I decided to highlight the cooling vents in the hood and rear brake cooling vents(non-functional). These are black and on dark cars they always just seem to dissappear so I made a trim ring out of alminum. I played with a couple of different finishes from painted to polished before I settled on the CF but I like it.

This did help me decide how I wanted to finish the new box when I am ready to cover it. I wanted to do something different and it will go well with the light/fast/quickly removable theme I had going before so I am going to skin the box in real CF. Looked up a couple of things and it doesn't look too bad, one of the places also sells mold making supplies which I need to make the quarter window louvers I made..
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Now that looks great! 8) Nice work. Nice and clean looking car..... 8) Is it Alpine green or ?
Now about the dirty looking inner wheel well :lol: Should drop a Allen blower on that 2 valver. Do you have an Xcal2?
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

I like it. Subtle and classy.

Carbon fiber spoiler? I thought you were against "ricers". :D I'm just messing with ya.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that wheel well has been killing me since I took that pic! Unfortunatly it has been raining like hell the last 3 days so I have not had a chance.

The official color is dark forest green, one of my favorites. IT is a dark green with a hint of blue in it. It is dark enough it almost looks black at night.

Thanks for the compliments. Now I will be also using some small CF pieces here and there in the stereo to pull it all together.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That'll look sweet. Especially since the Roadster PG emblem has the CF look in it.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that is what I was thinking too! :D
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

those pieces look good but it would look even better if the painted part of the vent was chrome the chrome would then draw you into the carbon fiber and give it a mean look :twisted:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I played around with a couple of different colors and painted just didn't look right at all. I agree if I could get that piece chromed it would look better but that material is so thin I do not think it could be polished enough after to make a difference.

I had someone offer a small amount of the same grill material they use in the chrome strut grills but they are too thick.
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

i tried this chrome stuff they have at autozone thats thin like a sticker i put it around the head lights of my oldschool benz and it looked trick for half a year then faided. the other problem with it is you can get wrinkels in it on sharp bends but it is nice on flat surfaces. :o