SMOKEY'S Z28

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
smokeyand thebandit

SMOKEY'S Z28

Post by smokeyand thebandit »

HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

Here is another pic. I put in a head unit but have no sound yet.Image
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

I have unmolested door panels and don't want to wreck them so looking for option's. I do have kicker 6x9 ks series and an rsd 300/4 for the install.
HP = FUN
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

didnt those come stock with dash speakers? what do the kick pannels look like?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

At least you drive it hard.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hell yeah man! A Z28 with T-tops... My inner mullet is sooo jealous! I've wanted one of those forever! :lol:
smokeyand thebandit

gridracer wrote:At least you drive it hard.
how can you tell?
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

Bfowler wrote:didnt those come stock with dash speakers? what do the kick pannels look like?
this car has only 1 dash speaker that i don't have and an E-brake with foot control in front of the lower kick panel plus the high beam on the floor. Maybe I can put speakers in my console some how. I am thinking of one sub in the rear package tray.
HP = FUN
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

smokeyand thebandit wrote:
how can you tell?
Because the rear tires have a little tread left on the outside but the middle of the tires are bald from spinning them they balloon up and only the center of the tires make contact with the road.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

man I put one system in one of those and hated the trunk. The opening is just barely big enogh to get into carefully but certainly not comfortably...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
smokeyand thebandit

gridracer wrote:
smokeyand thebandit wrote:
how can you tell?
Because the rear tires have a little tread left on the outside but the middle of the tires are bald from spinning them they balloon up and only the center of the tires make contact with the road.
Good observation racer. I need new tires for her but I would really like to get some sweet rims too so I am holding off right now. Looking at 17" wheels... AR torq-thrust II or Weld drag lights but they will be pricey with the rubber.
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

Re: SMOKEY'S Z28

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/ ... ubbox1.jpg I came across this setup and I am going to copy this design but I would like to port the box. I have a 10" punch p2 dvc sub sitting around so i would like to use that in there since it's piad for. I have no idea how to tune a sub box but I'm gonna learn.
Last edited by smokeyand thebandit on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/ ... talled.jpg I would like to have two small ports one on each side of the sub pointing up at rear glass. Do you guys think that would work good?
Last edited by smokeyand thebandit on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f122/ ... nkview.jpg The amps mounted on the sides looks like a good space saving design.
HP = FUN
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that box sounds similar to what I have done in my mustang, It hangs from the rear deck currently and houses 4 8" woofers. Honestly out of all the boxes I have built it was the toughest to engineer and get everything right with it. When I was done I have actually pushed the car using the enclosure(didn't mean too but) as it was super solid. It held up for the last few years and I am only replacing it to do something different now.

I remember the opening on that Z's trunk sucks to get in and out of. I worked on one car like that and it makes my back sore just thinking about it....
smokeyand thebandit

I remember the opening on that Z's trunk sucks to get in and out of. I worked on one car like that and it makes my back sore just thinking about it.... Yeah it's gonna be hard on the back but I've wanting to do something with that rear deck for a long time. Any advice on enclosure size and port design?
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-80-81 ... 3a61339d11 this is the next big thing for the car... guage package.
HP = FUN
smokeyand thebandit

http://www.coyswheel.com/images/c5_chrome_black.jpg I found these wheels yesterday and fell in love with them, 18x 9.5 in the rear with 18 x 8 or 17 x 8 in the front. I think the black chrome would be best what do you think? they also come in straight chrome or polished aluminum. Hard decision for me I like them all.
HP = FUN
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have similar wheels on my stang but they are painted black,10.5s in the back are one of the best things I ever did to it. It started getting compliments for the first time in years the day after I slapped them on. I have not heard much good about how the black chrome lasts to be honest, tends to start peeling after a couple of years.
smokeyand thebandit

Ya your totally right ttocs... good advice. I would be upset if in a couple years I had peeling or flaking I originally wanted polished torq thust 2's but seen the black chrome and thought that's cool. I can get these polished coy's in 18" for a thousand bucks so I'm stoked on that also found tires for 500 at tire rack... Sumitomo HTR Z II. 275/40 rear and 245 40 front.
HP = FUN
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

wow. $500 for sumitomos? AS long as you do not want performance they are ok. I found my wheels/tires on craigs list NIB with the nubs on the tires and the plastic on the wheels center caps. He wanted to put them on a fox body stang but didn't know all the modifications the 10.5s needed in back. When he did he cut his losses and sold the set to me for $600 :)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I really liked the ZIII's. Awesome bang for the buck tire! Not sure about the ZII's though.
smokeyand thebandit

I really liked the look of the directional tire, just not that fond of the look with the Zlll.
HP = FUN
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am not sure which ones I had but the didn't hook up nor last worth a crap on mine. I was suprised how quick they wore out.
smokeyand thebandit

Happy New Year Phoenix Gold Forum. Thanx for the help with my truck last year, Here is another pic of my car :lol: Image
HP = FUN