Nice engine sound!

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Nice engine sound!

Post by joerg »

I´m a Moparguy but the engine sound of the following camaro always gives me goose bumps :clap:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
gfunk_nz

Re: Nice engine sound!

Post by gfunk_nz »

That's the strangest noise I've heard from a S/C, normally you just get the whine from the belt
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I was told that it has to do with the gears and how they are cut. Mustangs have had that sound for a long time now, its normal and we actuall like it the same way a turbo guy likes his blow-by valve.

I still like the sound of mine, I hope to have enough money after xmas to get the roller rockers and pushrods and the cam I need to match my heads.....

what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

gfunk_nz wrote:That's the strangest noise I've heard from a S/C, normally you just get the whine from the belt
It's that whoo whoo! Then you be trippin' off tha Flows.

XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea nothing better then choking off your engine to annoy everyone around you

And it is just for decoration, even though you can't see and the person telling me this looks like she needs some decorations on that abortion of a face she has.....
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Another case of money well spent there! :lol:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well it aint like she was going to put on some make up so she wouldn't look so bad. Minus well make the car sound as bad as she looks...
The Golden One
Quarantined
Quarantined

Post by The Golden One »

that whoo whoo tip is for sissy's why not be a man about it and put a real exhaust on it ive got an 87 5.0 built to the hilt with flowtec equal length headers a mac prochamber and afterburner muffler's and it shakes the ground. in fact when i worked at a welding shop one of the guys said i could hear you way over in the other shop, i said yea that cam does make it louder, then he said you must have some 15's in the trunk or something to make it hit like that. i said naw man when you got power it sound's like that it's the cam man i don't even have my radio hooked up it's all motor. :-D
(Phoenix Gold) "Triple-Darlington High Definition Amplifier" (Rockford Fosjunk) "Triple-Distortion No Definition Amp on Fire"
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

mine is quiet until it gets up in the rpms. I am sure new heads/cam will increase the volume with more air but....
gfunk_nz

Post by gfunk_nz »

well that's just super gay, why oh why would you ever put that onto a blown engine, the whine that you get from the toothed belts is the best sound you can get in my opinion
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

ttocs wrote:mine is quiet until it gets up in the rpms. I am sure new heads/cam will increase the volume with more air but....
It's a 4.6 2v.... thats why it's not all that throaty plus they are real breathers that need to be in the 4000+rpm range to sound good IMO.
The low end leaves a person wanting more everytime, I wish I would have went with 4.10's and not 3.73's for gears and a higher stall
than 3000 RPM. 3800 would've been perfect.
A person could sit and watch fast cars all day long on You Tube :lol:
Love the whine of the blower on that Camaro RS Joerg :twisted:
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I found a deal on some fairly new 1.6 roller rockers to match my trickflow heads. Now I just need a cam and pushrods and someone to show me how to put it all on....
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

ttocs wrote:I found a deal on some fairly new 1.6 roller rockers to match my trickflow heads. Now I just need a cam and pushrods and someone to show me how to put it all on....
The installation is the easy part! What was the stock ratio? 1.5?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I just do not know anyone that I would trust enough to install them and do not have the exp myself. Stock is 1.5 I believe....
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Modular motors do not have pushrods....hence why they last so long. Do the heads not have cams already installed in them? just get PI cams used from someone as they are everywhere and cheap too. they come with a fairly aggressive grind already too.
PI heads and cams work just as well if you ask me and in a head to head test the numbers were fairly even. Is your car a stick or auto?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

my motor is an old 302, not the new one. There is no way to make a pushrod modular which is why I need the pushrods and cam. The pi cams(two of them) would never work and should end up with almost the same hp with around 300 to the wheels when its done. Nothin close to jeorgs but give me some time and I will put a turbo on it and then race him...
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

thought you had a 4.6....my bad :oops:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

94-95, last of the pushrods.......

this head/cam combo is supposed to be good to put 300 to the road so it should be fun. I liked it when it was stock at 185 hp.