2005 Subaru Forester XT

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Me-262

2005 Subaru Forester XT

Post by Me-262 »

I picked the Forester up mid March after searching 4 months online for the perfect FXT. It had to be 5sp, non-leather, low miles, mint and above all, White. Initially I looked for 2004's and then expanded my search to 2005's as well. Once I started to look I discovered three things:

1) There's no such thing as an 04 with low miles (<25k). There are many with high miles however.

2) White is the rarest color for an FXT, dealers did not get them unless someone special ordered one.

3) There are very very few White FXT's that came with a 5sp

I ended up finding my FXT in Boston, a mere 8 hour drive away. It was everything I wanted it to be and more. It was purchased in 06 so really its only 1 year old (as far as useage goes), it had next to no miles on it - 13k , was triple mint and as a bonus.... did not have a sunroof.

For those that don't know, the Forester XT is the sleeper of the Subaru family. It has a detuned version of the STi, and pretty much everything for an STi will bolt directly onto the FXT. Its the quickest SUV available, quicker than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo S. Actually, its stupid fast and I started laughing everything I let it loose. The best part, it doesn't look anywhere near as quick as it is. The perfect stealth mobile.

Day 0 - picking it up

Home sweet home. My wife has an 00, it just happens to be White.

I decided to take it to the track and see what happens. This is a race school I attended in April.

Time to lower it down and improve the handlign, dramatically. Enter a set of STi struts and JDM Pink springs. Subaru is the only place in the world where Pink means anything but gay. I'll take all the pink on my Subie I can get.

Before

After

VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

You should check out a local shop here, they got the attention of of the Execs at Subaru and had 8 or so of them do a walk through.

They stuffed a Tribeca motor in a STi and twin charged it........ :shock: :twisted:

Apparently Subaru has tried that and failed so they wanted to know how the "F" they did it.

http://www.perrinperformance.com/welcome
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

www.ipdusa.com is also an up and coming Subarau tuner. They mainly deal with Volvo, but recently starting toying with Subbies. Nice find! Im not too keen on the side-molding...maybe some smoothing/glassing/widebody-style is in order...:)
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

Yes , that was Perrin's car all right. He was selling it on Ebay not too long ago. As far as body mods go, in Japan (and now the UK) they have the Forester STi so there are a few cool add-on bits to make it look a bit nicer.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

It may be fast...

It may be slammed...

But you're still a lesbian ;)

How often do you scrape your mudflaps? Geez they are an inch off the ground.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

You better look under the seats....there has got to be a few granola bar wrappers up in there somewhere....damn hippies! ;)
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

stipud wrote:It may be fast...

It may be slammed...

But you're still a lesbian ;)
Dammed straight ! I'm looking forward to a lot of hot lesbo action this summer. That's half the reason I bought this thing.

stipud wrote: How often do you scrape your mudflaps? Geez they are an inch off the ground.
C'mon ! I must have at least 2 inches of clearance on those flaps

This is from one day of driving around curvy roads playing with my new suspension. I took them off two days later, it looks pretty good without them.

Audiophiliac wrote:You better look under the seats....there has got to be a few granola bar wrappers up in there somewhere....damn hippies! ;)
Haven't found any granola bars but I have found a lot of long straight hairs, there's been a few women spending time in there before I picked it up. And strangely enough, the carpet looks like someone's been munching on it :lol:
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I saw a blue one with gold wheels driving around the other day....looked badass...it had been lowered too. Lovely grocery getter. :)
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

I did a little gold wheel action myself as well. I have new tires on order as the ones that came with the wheels are rather worn.

VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

In da weedz........... :D
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

not bad for a hippie car.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

Mastiff wrote:not bad for a hippie car.
you know your right,, i worked for a mazda subaru dealer for 3 years

and it was always hippie like people that had the foresters, and older gl wagons.(and where i live on the big island is full of hippies, since i was a kid my town is associated with them.)

your white subie is nice
i never got to test drive the turbo version but i did in fact fall in love with the tribeca dash layout....

nice car.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I saw a white one today....looked just like yours when you got it. :)
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

AND I saw another blue one today....no gold wheels though. Lots of hippies in the north end of my town too.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Hippies stink.........

Here's a Blue one being tested behind PG, it was build by GP Moto.

CLICKY
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

Hippies LOL. Myself, I don't care much for granola.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Lovely car, one of the very few I would consider ridding my tib for (any subaru really I love em).

My friend Ryan has a ridiculous scooby, it's SO nice.. And the room you get to fit subs? Id be deaf lol

*drool*..

I love your gold rims, funny how the scoobies are one of the very few cars that look at home with gold rims on.. I even like the baja, lol now I want a subaru :lol:
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.