Bought a new car today

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ZTwenty8SSR

Bought a new car today

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

After a year of being pissed off at the car dealers for their poor service and being pushy I figured I have the day off I would go look at some cars first stop was Hyundai to look at the Genesis coupe after 10 minutes being greeted with a be back in 1 minute and waiting 20 and no salesman return I left.

Second stop was ford was ford got greeted by the salesman in about 5 minutes He shows me a nice car we go inside and he gives me a price and asks me for a deposit like I had said I will take it. I tell him it looks nice but I have not drove or even rode in the mustang. He says come back tomorrow we will go for a test drive I just say ok and thinking to myself it is only 15 minute drive to the next ford dealer maybe I'll check them out. any way his last words to me were "I know you will be back"

Third stop GM they were closed for the holiday. they had a used 2010 Camaro SS on the lot but it had a gross looking interior color and too much mileage.

fourth stop was to was Toyota. there was no service outside and almost none inside they had nothing I was interested in for cars and a pathetic selection of 1 Tundra in stock.

Final stop was Nissan I see a white Camaro with orange stripes there I am there for 2 minutes and the salesman is there offering to let me check it out The car has a price of 38995$ Its a SS with the RS package fully loaded auto leather orange trim interior sunroof :pr: (but for the price I can live with a sunroof) Orange stripes and polished wheels. so I am thinking ok its a high mile like the one at GM I start it up and the odometer reads 1040 KM now I am interested that's a 10000 saving over a new one. so I go inside He gives me some payment prices Then he says lets go for a drive of course I did not say no. The car has way more power than I will ever need when we get back I asked him whats your best price he went to see his boss and said we can take 300$ and fill it with gas. So the car has almost no mileage and only 9 months of the warranty used I agreed and put a deposit filled out the finance and if all goes good I will have it Thursday

If the guy at the ford dealer was not so stupid I would be saying I bought a mustang it was a nice car convertible black only a v6 but I liked the interior and it had a special package on it with a nicer grill and stuff like that but I made my decision on the road not in the show room.

I'll post some pictures of my new car as soon as I get them.
ZTwenty8SSR

Re: Bought a new car today

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

Here it is
Attachments
White SS.jpg
White SS.jpg (98.61 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 2.jpg
White SS 2.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 3.jpg
White SS 3.jpg (78.86 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 4.jpg
White SS 4.jpg (94.11 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 5.jpg
White SS 5.jpg (83.78 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 6.jpg
White SS 6.jpg (74.86 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
White SS 7.jpg
White SS 7.jpg (92.09 KiB) Viewed 13214 times
Last edited by ZTwenty8SSR on Tue May 24, 2011 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

The Nissan dealership didn't have a GTR to show you? :D hehehe
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:The Nissan dealership didn't have a GTR to show you? :D hehehe
No I don't know what a GTR sells for but I think it would have been out of my price range by a lot
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

what is the slit at the front of the hood for? Knight rider lights er what? Looks cool for sure.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

ttocs wrote:what is the slit at the front of the hood for? Knight rider lights er what? Looks cool for sure.
The slit is in all the SS models it is just for looks to set it apart from the V6 models there is also a extra lip on the bottom of the bumper on the SS.
I saw a video on you tube that had a knight rider light in it it was neat but not for me
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ah heck I thought it actually served some purpose other then for looks. It just seems like something is missing or something dunno...
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

The finance got approved today and I pick it up Thursday night :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Ballz!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'm pretty sure the GT-R is WELL out of the range unless you have $100K budget and months to wait for it. Although, the 2012 V-Spec edition looks like it'll be a monster.........

Not to bad looking ride...........

I'd have still gone with the 400hp Mustang GT though. :wink:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Nice!

I love my SS/RS - I am sure you will love yours too! (RS package has the HID headlights, red SS badges as a "quick tell")

MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I could enjoy one of those or the new mustang but of course being a ford fan if I had my choice......
ZTwenty8SSR

Post by ZTwenty8SSR »

NewOldStock wrote:Nice!

I love my SS/RS - I am sure you will love yours too! (RS package has the HID headlights, red SS badges as a "quick tell")

I'm sure I will love it .

Now all I have to do is replace the factory speakers add a PG amp and subs.
ttocs wrote:I could enjoy one of those or the new mustang but of course being a ford fan if I had my choice......
There was a real nice convertible V6 mustang at the ford dealer that I was really thinking about but I hate being told come back tomorrow and we'll go for a test drive. All their GTs were manual except for one a silver convertible with bright red leather seats that had this odd white stripe on them
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I could see that being annoying but The one and only time I bought a new car I realized later I was in a hurry. I will not rush that decision the next time I go out and will take the time needed to make the right decision. I realized this later on in life when I went looking for a dog funny enough.. I spent about a month checking out different breeds, shelters, ect and got the perfect pet out of it....
tonym

Post by tonym »

that amps looks nice tucked in there....
SVT

Post by SVT »

ZTwenty8SSR wrote: Second stop was ford was ford got greeted by the salesman in about 5 minutes He shows me a nice car we go inside and he gives me a price and asks me for a deposit like I had said I will take it. I tell him it looks nice but I have not drove or even rode in the mustang. He says come back tomorrow we will go for a test drive I just say ok and thinking to myself it is only 15 minute drive to the next ford dealer maybe I'll check them out. any way his last words to me were "I know you will be back"

Now you need to go back to the Ford dealer and Talk to the guy and say see what happens when people test drive cars there Looking at . lol .

Thats a Nice Camaro you have . but I would have looked at a gently used GT500 .
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

I'm also in the market for a new Camaro RS/2SS but I'm doing my best to hold out for the 2012 ZL1 Camaro with 570 HP stock built to eat the GT500.
Problem is I'm sure the dealer markup will put it out of range.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

well, hate to break the bad news to ya but, well not I don't..

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/04/0 ... auto-show/

570 hp is sooooo 2010, nice to see the mustang on top of these wars...
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

ttocs wrote:well, hate to break the bad news to ya but, well not I don't..

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/04/0 ... auto-show/

570 hp is sooooo 2010, nice to see the mustang on top of these wars...
yes I heard about the 2012 Snake but I believe that car is going to have a retail price around $80,000 for $33K more it's not comparable.
Plus I read for under $1K you can have the pully changed out on that camaro and it'll also make 750HP
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

actually I was wrong here's the quote...

The base price for a 2012 Shelby Mustang GT500 Super Snake is $82,894 according to Shelby American's Web site, including the cost of a donor Ford Mustang GT. The 800-horsepower supercharger option is an extra $1500 on its own, but we suspect you'll want to budget a total of closer to $100,000
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea you gotta pay for anything with shelbys name on it and you are correct that the cars are not in the same catagory. The shelby will always be a collectable mustang and the SS is more collectable then the standard camaro, still in a different catagory.
joyride

Post by joyride »

A chevy dealer (berger chevy) around here has some pretty awesome camaro's. They are based on the 2SS, then adds a body kit, new wheels, and supercharged. They look much 'meaner' in real life than the stock ones. I think they are only making abotu 50 of them. The green is a bit much, but the orange with gunmetal wheels is really nice. I think you can get them around $50k
Attachments
99382a0e0a0d048d006245a4555bb236.jpg
99382a0e0a0d048d006245a4555bb236.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 12823 times
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that does look better. Wonder what power they get out of it?
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

ttocs wrote:that does look better. Wonder what power they get out of it?

I to am curious what the HP rating is with the supercharger, I doubt the ZL1 will be touchable at 47K I'm sure the dealers will mark them up another 10K

This is with the factory ground effects and RS package this is what I want if I can't get the ZL1
Attachments
2010_chevrolet_camaro.jpg
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

The all black look is very sweet although I love me some chrome wheels on black cars.
Attachments
black camaro.jpg
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS