Team Mopargarage Dragracing...

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Team Mopargarage Dragracing...

Post by joerg »

...goes Santapod Raceway.

Since our Team had enough of our wood- lawn- and streetracing we decided that we had to take the Stinger onto a worthy and preped Track. We had to choose between two tracks which are both like 1700km from where we live. After thinking of Hockenheim and coming to the conclution that this track has as much history than a 19 year old on the street standing hooker we choose SANTA POD RACEWAY in England. The weekend we have been there the Mopar Euronationals took place as well.

We arrived there Friday evening and had a little grill session before we went to bed.

The Team:

The Pit:

Saturday we had our first chance to go racing. We ran three times and made personal record with [email protected]

And we have lift off!!! 8)

After a hard day racing we had another grill out 8) 8) 8)

Not to forget to mention the run from Tom in his Station Wagon.

Unfortunally the racing took a quick end since the engine started to make not so funny noises after the third run. First we thought it was only because the burnt up exhaust seals. Later on we discovered that one of the piston rods had turned and damaged our crankshaft as well. The only part we could´nt replace on track since we didn´t hhave a spare with us.

Sunday evening we parked the car on the trailer again and we started the 28 hour trip back home again. This was one of the most exciting weekends i had for a long time.

...hopefully to be continued in 2012...
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
joerg
SOFA-KING

Re: Team Mopargarage Dragracing...

Post by joerg »

And here is a little video from a guy that filmed on of our runs:

ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

wow, sorry to hear about the crank... Had to go to england to race it? I thought I live a little bit out of the way as our closest 1/4 is 2.5 hrs away. Sounds like it was a good time though...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

In Europe we only have 4 official quater mile tracks:

Alastaro in Finland is 2400km from us.
Mantrop in Sweden is 1300km from us
Hockenheim in Germany 800km from us
Santa Pod in England 1800km from us

All the other races are amateur class races on airfields, closed roads and private places. But with a car like ours u need to have glue prepared tracks to get the most out of it. We competed in a race at Meidl Airport where we didn´t get full tracktion on the back wheels for good two thirds of the track. Pavement really sucks with 1500hp+ :shock:
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

if ya were not so rough on the loud pedal it might hook up better too!! I am jokin obviously a car like the stinger needs a little more then fresh pavement to be safe...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Thats fuckin awesome!!! I love the paint job too.I would like to see that car on Passtime on the speed channel.....
What kinda blower is that?
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Stryker wrote:What kinda blower is that?
Littlefield 14-71 8) on a 500cui wedge engine.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

Niiiice :D
I too will be a part of the blown community quite soon.
That is very very fast for a med.-lrge body car. I betcha it has an 8.5 in it, you think?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Stryker wrote:Niiiice :D
That is very very fast for a med.-lrge body car. I betcha it has an 8.5 in it, you think?

Right now the car is running 8.8sec on E85 fuel no NOS and the blower 2% over engine rpm. The Chassis it´self is certified down to 7.5sec.

Our goal for the next season is to get it into the low 8´s with a new crankshaft, still on E85 fuel and the blower 20% over engine rpm. Should give as around 2000 horses.

If the Doc´s plans work out very well we might even change the engine out to a nice Race Hemi.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

joerg wrote:
Stryker wrote:Niiiice :D

Right now the car is running 8.8sec on E85 fuel no NOS and the blower 2% over engine rpm. The Chassis it´self is certified down to 7.5sec.

Our goal for the next season is to get it into the low 8´s with a new crankshaft, still on E85 fuel and the blower 20% over engine rpm. Should give as around 2000 horses.

If the Doc´s plans work out very well we might even change the engine out to a nice Race Hemi.
thats impressive for sure, any methanol injection? that goal would be easy with it i think, if it's even possible on that setup, or
with a small 75 shot of NOS that would lower the intake temps and in turn up the power. That car is nastyu I've watched the clip couple of times
looks like a good launch.
How much stall does it have? I'm assuming a trans brake is used.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

The run we did our personal best we lifted off without transbrake. It was the first time going down the strip and we didn´t want to go over the top. Unfortunally the first run was the only one where the crankshaft was still ok. We discovered a loss of power in the second run and it died right after the third run.

NOS is not an option for us since we where whitnesses what it could do to your car if only one thing goes wrong for a millisecond. I was sitting on the grandstand 50 Meters away when this happend earlier this year.

The owner of that car has been in racing for 30years and is a very well known Dragracer over here in europe. But since he built the car himself and only having a normal Job he can´t afford to rebuild it anymore. He decided to retire from racing the very same day. :(

We will see how everything works out with the rebuild of our car during the winter and i´ll keep you guy´s updated for sure.
Last edited by joerg on Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

That would be cool :)