FISKER KHARMA sportscar of the future?

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

FISKER KHARMA sportscar of the future?

Post by nico boom »

http://www.fiskerautomotive.com/en-us

A customer came by today in this. It's well...BIG !
For a sportscar it is huge, compared to the TESLA that I posted earlier it is a monster.
Don't know how it drives yet, will ask next time and post.
Is this the future...? Guy standing next to it said he wouldn't spend as much cash for a semi-electric car. [though you get 22 inch wheels on it]....
For now it's a crowd-puller here. :lol:
Attachments
FISKERS 4.jpg
FISKERS 6.jpg
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: FISKER KHARMA sportscar of the future?

Post by ttocs »

the whole electric car is going to save the environment just makes me laugh. The majority of the US is still powered by coal and the larger coal-burning plants are the some of the largest poluters in the country, not to mention the production of the batteries and their disposal is not the cleanest either. Now take that all into account along with the loss of power from the time it is produced till the time it is used to charge the batteries and it becomes one step forward and two steps back.

Looks cool though...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Those cars look so bad ass for a 4 door. They are probably insanely heavy, but I bet it is goddamn fast! Electric torque is awesome!

And Scott, the point is that it's much easier to switch electric generating power over to renewable resources than it is with cars. Not to mention electric motors are much more efficient than combustion engines, as are the powerplants themselves. Let's not forget the reduction of smog, etc. The ecological footprint of batteries is much smaller than what they offset, compared to combustion engines. That's not even counting the newer, friendlier battery technologies that are a few years out (e.g. fluoride). On the other hand, the combustion engine hasn't changed dramatically in a very long time.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

That car looks bad ass!! If it goes as fast as it looks I'm in!! lol :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

coal power plants are the biggest generators of greenhouse gases from an article I was just reading yesterday morning funny enough. Yes, the electric motor is efficient but the actual act of charging a battery is not all that efficient. Electrical power is not free power by any means, have we forgot about the energy crunch the west coast has had for some time now? California already gets a good portion of its power of az, now lets power all their cars electrically and see what happens. Not sure which is the better/worst of the two evils just sayin that I think that electric cars are a small band aid on a big wound....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:coal power plants are the biggest generators of greenhouse gases from an article I was just reading yesterday morning funny enough. Yes, the electric motor is efficient but the actual act of charging a battery is not all that efficient. Electrical power is not free power by any means, have we forgot about the energy crunch the west coast has had for some time now? California already gets a good portion of its power of az, now lets power all their cars electrically and see what happens. Not sure which is the better/worst of the two evils just sayin that I think that electric cars are a small band aid on a big wound....
Well the reasonable alternative is that people switch to a sustainable lifestyle and start biking and using public transportation... but NOT IN MY AMURRICA! The irony is, America used to be just like that, until GM undermined them and sold everyone on car life: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Mo ... conspiracy

Either way, we're running out of all non-renewable resources at an exponential rate. We might be able to get by with placebos like natural gas or corn ethanol for very short periods of time, though I think we need to use those very limited energy sources to build up the infrastructure for renewable ones. While at the moment electrical cars are not a cure to our resource problem, there is a lot more room to grow there than with combustion engines, and it allows us to shift to new generating technology without requiring new vehicles. Geothermal, solar, wind, tidal... there are a LOT of better ways to generate power.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

jay leno had an interesting take on it (who is the most insane car collector if you didnt know) he said the same way cars saved horses, the electric car will save gas cars. if we adopt electric cars for our "work" (commuting, hauling, shipping etc) we can save the gas for our toys...kind of a good point
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...