Clear bra opinions

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
teamradrz1

Clear bra opinions

Post by teamradrz1 »

So I just purchased my new Camaro with Black paint and wanted to hear peoples experiences and thoughts about having a clear bra installed. Tommy's Tint has a complete package that includes front end as normal but also behind the door handles, door edges, mirrors, trunk and lower body where rocks would kick up from tires. The complete package is $695 +$245 to tint the windows as well. I have had cars done there before for tint and many friends with never an ill experience. I don't care for the line where it stops but I think I would rather see that than a chip in the paint.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
99 Grand Am GT, Xenon & Ti
71 K5 Blazer, Ti Elite & Xenon
07 Avalanche (still stock, I think wife won)
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Clear bra opinions

Post by ttocs »

yes do it... The ones I have seen you could not tell they were there until you were basically on top of it and it kept his paint lookin perty. Now I could have sworn when I got my mustang tinted years ago it was much much less then that and the back window is not all that easy on them.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Nice damn car :shock:

I say go for it. In Calgary they couldn't salt the roads because it was too cold, so they threw down gravel and let cars pack it into the snow instead. Needless to say, my car has about a million rock chips on the front now. BC is way better... I've probably only gotten two or three chips since I moved here. I doubt Oregon is that bad, but any chips on a brand new Camaro would definitely piss me off!
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

stipud wrote:Nice damn car :shock:

I say go for it. In Calgary they couldn't salt the roads because it was too cold, so they threw down gravel and let cars pack it into the snow instead. Needless to say, my car has about a million rock chips on the front now. BC is way better... I've probably only gotten two or three chips since I moved here. I doubt Oregon is that bad, but any chips on a brand new Camaro would definitely piss me off!
I always wondered why my car's hood looked like it had been driven behind a gravel truck. Originally was from Canada...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

phoenix was bad as well because they line the sides of the road with rocks and they tend to make their way back on the road. It was soo regular there that they had optional glass insurance and it really was a must have. Went through 4 windshields in 10 yrs.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
teamradrz1

Post by teamradrz1 »

so I called Tommy's Shop and asked for a package deal discount for tint and clear bra and he knocked of $155 if I do both so gonna do that as soon as some cash rolls in $785 for both. The dealer want $995 and only about 66% of the clear bra that Tommy's will install.
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS