Almost ran the Bronco into the house! PICs ADDED

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

As the title says.Long story sorry.Ok here goes yesterday I drove my girlfreinds 1989 ford bronco home from my shop.The Bronco has been heavly modified all of witch I did myself 12 inches of lift 38 inch tires 18inch wide rims one ton running gear anyhow.I go to start the truck this morning turn the key hit the start button nothing happened.I tryed to bypass the button still nothing.I poped the hood jump up on the pass side tire to see if I could jump the starter selinoid.I jumped the stater selinoid bam truck starts up and takes off with me on the tire I jumped off the tire ran around the front of the truck to the drivers side luckley I left the drivers door open at this point the truck is MOVING FAST!Ireached in trew it up in park with one hand and hit the brakes with the other when all this happened I heard a crunch as it stopped......It ran over our push mower and stoped a little more than a foot away from our new addition on the house.Anyhow this scared the fuck out of me.I still do not know how the fuck I did not get ran over and am glad I did not hit the house.I must have just turned the key off yesterday and not put it in park(dumbass).The neutral saftey switch works though.So if your car or truck doesn't start make sure the damn thing is in park. :doh: I will get my girl to post pics I have no clue how.

Vmax911

Re: Almost ran the Bronco into the house! PICs ADDED

Post by Vmax911 »

Poor mower!
Epoch

Post by Epoch »

Phew that was a close one!

Love the truck by the way
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

back when I first started installing at best buy one day we had a guy pull in a CHERRY 70s something 442. Big bad mofo with a nice cam. He just wanted a deck installed so I went to pull it in. Backed up no problem, put it in 1rst and reved it up a little and carefully let out the clutch. The customer was right there, the bay doors were only 15 ft I was by no means going to do anything dumb. Clutch didn't catch so I gave it just a bit more gas and again let off a little more, still nothing.... The third time I did this, I will never forget the sight of that LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG hood as it was suddenly pointing towards the top of the bay door and that mofo was getting ready to shit-n-get..... Scared the hell out of me but I got on the clutch and managed to pull it in almost as though I meant to do it.

So then I install the deck but this car didn't have a 12v switched behind the radio. I was sitting on the floor leaning through the drivers door checking wires in the column looking for the switched. Probe the wire, key on - nope next wire. Probe the wire, key on - nope next wire. Third time when I went to turn the key on clicked it into start.... I had the shifter in 1rst and the parking brake on but even still the car didn't move a little the thing lurched forward. I was half way under neath it hoping it the back wheel was not going to catch me nor the bumper catch the cabinet infront of the car. It went for two really fast cranks before I pulled it back and stopped it, then I just needed to wire(again).

I had the customer pull the car out himself to this day one of the few I ever had drive it in/out.....
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

and you must either have a tall girlfriend or she has a 38" verticle jump that thing is biiiiiiiiiiiiiig.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

Yea it ws a close one.My girl is only 5ft1 she uses a 5gallon bucket to get in :lol: Back in the day when I first strted working at a stereo shop.I had just got done putting in my 2nd alarm I had ever put in I went to back the car out of the bay it would not back up.I got out looked aroud the car nothing stoping it.I got down looked under the car then I looked the parking brake was on pulled the lever BAM car took off :doh: I stoped before it ran into the building and peeling the door back. :oops: I would have lost my job. I was 17 at the time.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

@ttocs dude you are lucky that car didn't run you over.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am not kidding that I needed to wipe afterwards and the customer pulled it out. I didn't want anymore of that thing as I was sure 3rd time was gonna be the charm. It was amazing how far/fast that thing went with two crank cycles.
RayBuck

Post by RayBuck »

YEP...The Bronco was parked about 35 ft away from the house.It was also cold start so as soon as it starts it rev's up to 2000rpms for a few it also has 5:13 gears in it.When I say it took off it was going fast.5 days later and my wrists still hurt from slaming it into park with one hand and slaming on the brakes with the other and I had a kink in my neck for a couple of days,rug burn on my elbow from the seat and bruse on my side from the side of the truck.I think it was trying to kill me :lol: