Calling it a day today.

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Calling it a day today.

Post by joerg »

Today i was supposed to do a dyno run with my Charger but when i drove home from our weekly meeting on thursday night i suddenly felt that my brakes started to act strange. I drove out of the roundabout and pulled into the parking lot of a gas station just 200 Meters up front and wanted to look what the problem is. When i wanted to stop the car in the lot i had absolutely no brakes anymore. :shock: :shock: :shock: Brake pedal just fell to the floor. I was still doing 15 miles and had no chance to avoid runing into a parked Peugeots 207 SW rear. :cry: :cry: :cry: I didn´t even have enough time to hit E-brake and couldn´t get the car into park because of the leftover speed. :evil:

I expirienced accidents before but it´s hard to describe the feeling to see your Chargers chrome bumper diving into the rear of another car.I didn´t hurt myself and luckily enough the owner of the car was in the gas stations shop and not the in her car.

I first saw the damage i´ve done to the Peugeot. Rear Bumper, done. Trunk lid lifted by an inch upwards and done. Taillights, done. Seeing all that I didn´t even want to turn around to look at my front.

When i finally calmed down enough to fill out the accident report i decided to take a look at my car as well with the thought that my season driving it, ended today. I came closer and closer and could´nt see a thing. When i looked very close i spotted a section in the chrome about 2 thenth by 3 thenth of an inch with paint from the other car on it. Scratched it off with my fingernail and that´s it. I count that as real luck. :eye: :eye: :eye:

Took it to my friends shop at walking speed, where we discovered that my master brake cylinder failed completly. I´m still mad that a stupid 100USD part almost cost me my car and the fact that i reacted so wrong and not hitting E-brake in the beginning.
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Calling it a day today.

Post by ttocs »

well that sucks and is great all at the sam time.... I figured you were going to find some small scratch on your car and that one totalled. let me know if you need help gettin parts for it again, i am expecting your window tool any day now but I have been throwing up all afternoon again....

last week I needed to make a run for some parts for my mustang. The interior is gutted so I took my moms prius and headed out. Hit the highway and had the windows down since it was nice out and that cars shape or something will cause it to start to make a fast/repetative high/low pressure with the windows down that almost makes your ears pop fairly often and it started to do it. It wasn't bad at first but kept getting worse and worse until I decided it was annoying and started to roll the windows up. There is a point at about half way where normally that noise goes away so I started to roll them up 3" at a time, over and over, until they were up all the way and the noise was still going on. Again this is a prius, I hate driving it because it is so quiet that its really easy to suddenly find yourself going 30 over and not know it so a noise this loud had to be something. I pulled over on the side of the highway and found the rear pass tire going flat... At first I was pretty annoyed until I remember it had been 12 yrs since I changed a spare. That was a much more exciting story though blowing a tire on my truck on the BQE(Brooklyn Queens Expressway = 1 billion really pissed off drivers in a hurry). You want to know fun try changing a tire on that highway, with no should...
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
RayBuck

Re: Calling it a day today.

Post by RayBuck »

Lucky you gota love old steel