NAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

I am moving the rears to the front and putting new wider rears on...same rims lil different look.

HKS EVC 6 will be installed soon...and the plenum spacer as well
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

EVC installed

Stipud, do you know anyone who is a stud at setting these up?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ahsmo wrote:Stipud, do you know anyone who is a stud at setting these up?
240 is sitting in a crate right now... won't be installing it for another month or two.

It shouldn't be too difficult though. From the parts I saw in the box it was just a boost control valve and a little management screen.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

oh yeah the hardware part is easy but the little display screeen does more than I know what to do with...
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Short video. Not really wide open throttle but that was to about 85-90 mph
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Uhh dude I think you've got some pigeons in your car :lol:
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

huh :?:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Blowoff valve flutter.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

stipud wrote:Blowoff valve flutter.
Then, thats actually wastegate flutter.

The blow off valve is relatively quiet. The video doesn't really pick it up for whatever reason. The wastegate and blowoff valves are tial...
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Here you can hear the car and the loud 350z clutch chatter. Idle is funny because I just started it and my fuel pump is a little twichy.

Oh stipud, the EVC is amazing. I turned the boost up 1psi higher than my wastegate spring and boost is rock solid to red line.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Nitrous going in thursday!! Then its getting dynotuned next week! Will have vids next week after its tuned, and tons of pics.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I just got my bottle filled, it cost me 38 24 tax and all to fill it up... Will have vids up sunday. Ill be racing a 96 transam, a ss camaro, and a turbo civic sunday. will have vids up
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

My Plenum, and throttle body arrived today, So I went ahead and put it on. Car currently in my budys shop for all the nitrous mods.

Stock set

New polished set

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Is your intake manifold plastic??

If so, I don't see that thing lasting long under nitrous.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Yep, its plastic. Russ thats been helping me with this has never cracked his. It may give eventually, but many people have been doing it for years on their plastic manifolds. if it goes, then i will buy the aluminum one..
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Man, I would not wait to find out. I would not trust plastic anything near NOS. Even if it hasn't broken yet, it COULD, and that would cause a lot of collateral damage. Better safe than sorry.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VYf5OIQG8XA
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Oh well, I guess we will see how things turn out..
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

The honey comb grill, and the engine cover just got done being painted. Decided to go all white.

dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Ahsmo wrote:

The blow off valve is relatively quiet. The video doesn't really pick it up for whatever reason. The wastegate and blowoff valves are tial...
I don't see how that is wastegate flutter (I assume its an external). It sounds like your blow off valve isn't set up properly and the air rushing back through your turbo. I don't have a blow off valve on my truck and that is exactly what my turbo sound like when I building boost and let off the gas.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

dgoodhue wrote:
Ahsmo wrote:

I don't see how that is wastegate flutter (I assume its an external). It sounds like your blow off valve isn't set up properly and the air rushing back through your turbo. I don't have a blow off valve on my truck and that is exactly what my turbo sound like when I building boost and let off the gas.
that can also bust a turbine shaft in two or straighten the impeler blades in a hurry!!!!

i know from experience :lol:
to much pressure backfeeding into the turbo has the tendancy to abruptly stop the forward rotation of the impeller and do alot of damage to your turbo.

when mine quit i needed a new compressor housing because when the inpeler wheel straightend and the shaft broke it put a large gouge in the compressor housing..... to the tune of a $900 rebuild from limit enineering but i thought whut the hell since i needed a compressor housing too i upgraded the TE60 to a TE63 8)
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Interesting. I should look into that a little more.

The reason I say it is wastegate(yes it is an external) flutter is because the sound is coming from the rear of the car where the wastegate is. The blowoff valve is in the front. When it opens, no question where the sound is coming from.

However, the car is going to the dyno again next time I am home. When I go back I will double check everything.

Thanks for the comments guys.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wastegate flutter when you come off boost would likely happen when the compressor is stalling (i.e. not dumped properly). I agree, if it's coming from behind the car, it's probably the wastegate.

I assume you have a boost gauge? Do you notice any spiking when you shift normally?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

so why did rally cars do it all the time, to the point that game makers programmed it into the games?
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

I have several logs which show boost amoung other things. There are no boost spikes what so ever. :?
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

ydnap wrote:so why did rally cars do it all the time, to the point that game makers programmed it into the games?
The compressor flutter or Blow off valve? All vehicle that don't have a surge valve (A BOV that recirculate into the intake) from the factory make the flutter (it might be muffled by the air box though) Blow Off valve noise is normal if you have a blow off valve.

They both are cause by the same events. The Compressor is at significant boost and then the user take his foot of the gas pedal (which closes the throttle body blades so they are almost closed) and the excess boost has to go somewhere. It either ventered to the atmospherse (BOV), recirculated to the intake (surge valve) or released past the compressor blades (flutter)
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock