NAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

That makes more sense dgoodhue.

Could my blow off valve need to be readjusted? Ie, loosen up on the spring pressure?
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Ahsmo wrote:Interesting. I should look into that a little more.

The reason I say it is wastegate(yes it is an external) flutter is because the sound is coming from the rear of the car where the wastegate is. The blowoff valve is in the front. When it opens, no question where the sound is coming from.

I haven't worked with rear mount turbo yet. I have a question for you, an external wastegate on the front of the motor sounds like an exhaust manifold leak to me when its releasing pressure. (Ie holding WOT, fulling boost and the wastegate is controlling boost) Does your external wastegate make a noticable amount of noise?
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
dgoodhue

Post by dgoodhue »

Ahsmo wrote:That makes more sense dgoodhue.

Could my blow off valve need to be readjusted? Ie, loosen up on the spring pressure?
That would be my best guess. Your not runing that high of boost and it sounds like from your descritpion its working at WOT boost pressures. I honestly don't use a Blowoff Valve, but I also do have an automatic.
Dave
91 GMC Syclone - PG Ti 500.4AL, Boston Acoustic Z6, Exile XT10
12 Legacy - Stock
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

dgoodhue wrote:
Ahsmo wrote:That makes more sense dgoodhue.

That would be my best guess. Your not runing that high of boost and it sounds like from your descritpion its working at WOT boost pressures. I honestly don't use a Blowoff Valve, but I also do have an automatic.
dgoodhue wrote:
Ahsmo wrote:Interesting. I should look into that a little more.

The reason I say it is wastegate(yes it is an external) flutter is because the sound is coming from the rear of the car where the wastegate is. The blowoff valve is in the front. When it opens, no question where the sound is coming from.

I haven't worked with rear mount turbo yet. I have a question for you, an external wastegate on the front of the motor sounds like an exhaust manifold leak to me when its releasing pressure. (Ie holding WOT, fulling boost and the wastegate is controlling boost) Does your external wastegate make a noticable amount of noise?
I am running straight pipes so the drone/noise of that is drowns out the wastegate when it opens. I am sure from the rear it is noticable.
EE4fan

Post by EE4fan »

I ran 75 shot daily and up to 150 shot on my stock block sohc civic :shock: . I defiantely recommend nitrous oxide in the form of a WET kit. I would get an NX wet kit and spray at least 100 hp shot (will net you near 125ft lbs.). Make sure you get spark plugs that are at least 2 steps colder, and replace your fuel pump and filter for good measure.
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Alright well my car is finally done, I will have vids up later of some races hopefully. Right now Im running a 75 shot, which is my lowest shot in the kit 8) I will boost it up to a 100 shot later in the week, and then upwards from there with the dynotune and all. She is running very nice.

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

thats fucking sick. Be afraid of the power and be safe.

Do you have a dyno graph and afr chart for that?
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Nope, will when I go to the dyno though. Thats just the 75 shot. When Im at the dyno, I will have 125 shot behind it :)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

New vid. Will hopefully have some racing vids up soon.

Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Don't post street racing videos if at all possible :) We are above that...
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Got the k&n air filter on today. She is breathing nice :)

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

New vid. Image
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I am really tempted to post this race I had with a v6 accord, but im assuming no one wants to see a street race :lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

If anyone wants to see it, pm me.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

A V8 on NOS, versus a V6 Accord?

You really know how to compare Apples to Apples, dontcha? :lol:

Come on, you shouldn't be taking pride out of beating econoboxes. Aim higher ;)
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

tom...its all about the mind set...the accord v6 owners (at least round here) think they are in gods gift to the automotive world. you have to put them back into their econobox place sometimes :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Bfowler wrote:tom...its all about the mind set...the accord v6 owners (at least round here) think they are in gods gift to the automotive world. you have to put them back into their econobox place sometimes :)
exactly.. The ricer guys around here kill me. So I have to put them in check. Hopefully I will have some decent races this weekend. Huge car show going on here. btw, I have beat my budies transam 8)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Racing ricers is like beating up handicapped kids. Sure you'll win, but should you REALLY be proud of your achievement? If a ricer ever wants to race me, I simply rip up to the speed limit. By that time, I am already a few car lengths ahead, and they get the point.

Recently Wendy has beaten a 335i in my car, and was neck in neck with an AMG E55 until she backed off, due to not being on a safe road. I have also handed a new S4 his ass in a paper bag, not to mention the Skylines, SR20 240sx and countless Mustangs. The difference here is that on paper all of these cars are technically way out of my league, even with my tuning.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Yea, well i just posted I beat my budys ltl transam, and he had bolt ons/ exhaust work, and everyone knows the capability of those cars.. Anyways, its fun whooping up on cars in a large 4 door. Nothing like blowing the doors off of new mustang gts, and other cars..
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

hehe, i can't wait for the aftermarkt tuners to start in on the 335....SOOOO much potential. :twisted:
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

NO saab 9-5 is smashing on a Skyline R33/34. :liar: I'm calling SHANANAGANS on that Tom!!! Maybe if the driver is handicaped and can't drive AND he's out of gas.....

A 340hp 4.2 V8 S4 also................? :scratch:

Maybe Canadian's just can't drive the cars they buy. :lol: :lol:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Deeezam Mac......... I'll bet ya suprise the shit outta people when ya take off like a raped date on em........ :shock:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:NO saab 9-5 is smashing on a Skyline R33/34. :liar: I'm calling SHANANAGANS on that Tom!!! Maybe if the driver is handicaped and can't drive AND he's out of gas.....

A 340hp 4.2 V8 S4 also................? :scratch:

Maybe Canadian's just can't drive the cars they buy. :lol: :lol:
No, it was an R32 with Mines stage 1 software (full 3" exhaust, same as my tune), splitfires, and a few other mods. You can import cars from Japan once they are 15 years old here, so R33's are JUST starting to trickle in.

I beat him off the line and from a roll, repeatedly. My apologies that I do not bring a camera with me for racing, because I like to have both of my hands on the wheel (what a novel idea) :lol:

Here's a picture before I beat him:
http://photo.stipud.com/v/cars/skyline/

And this is his brother's 240sx, which runs HKS V-Pro software (launch control baby) and HKS EVC:
http://photo.stipud.com/v/cars/240/

And yes, that S4. I got a little overzealous after I beat him, and ended up drifting a corner at 160km/h, because I misjudged my speed. That was a terrible idea... I have pretty much stopped racing since that one, unless we have a totally clear straight road ahead of us. Beating some jerk just isn't worth losing your pride and joy.