new wheels?

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

new wheels?

Post by Mackenzie »

Im wanting to get some nice rims, but at the same time, i want to keep it lighter than my factory rims. I was looking at these
http://www.wheelsnext.com/default.cfm?a ... %20FINISH)

The rep i talked to on the phone wasnt even positive if the 18s with the black gloss finish of the ones i have shown will be lighter than my factory. So i guess it will be a hit or miss. comments appreciated.
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

What color is the car?

I think the wheels look sweet, but they would only look good on a dark colored car IMO.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I dissagree with that statement, i think dark weels look good on a lite colored car. With that said, its a 2002 snow white crownvicctoria. black+ white on a car loks good.
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

I don't know, all the dark wheels I've seen were on dark cars. I think they look damn good. Can't say I've ever seen black wheels on a white car. Or maybe I have and it just didn't catch my eye like dark on dark. Either way it just my opinion. :wink:

I still think the wheels look damn good though.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Personally, those rims are a bit too much for a Crown Vic. But of course, it's your car and your look, not mine :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

fordtough1 wrote:I don't know, all the dark wheels I've seen were on dark cars.
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

ydnap wrote:
fordtough1 wrote:I don't know, all the dark wheels I've seen were on dark cars.
definately look for lighter wheels mack :P
I'm afraid of widths.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

^^ you dont think the rims i posted would be lighter than the stock ones? my rims are alloy i think, and are pretty heavy from what ive gatherd. maybe even another material.
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

Mackenzie wrote:^^ you dont think the rims i posted would be lighter than the stock ones? my rims are alloy i think, and are pretty heavy from what ive gatherd. maybe even another material.
I meant lighter as in color. those wheels above do look heavy, but so do any 18" or bigger wheels. (and they typically are)

I love wheels like those you pictured, on certain cars. I've never seen them on a crown vic, but they look fantastic on many luxury cars, (lexus gs400, anything mercedes..?)

although, I still cant see them looking great on a white car specifically.. just hate that much contrast. (I must say though, the blown out pic above doesnt probably help)
I'm afraid of widths.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I talked to my dealer, and he said my new wheels will slow me down slightly? He said since they are bigger than factory, even though they are lighter, it will slow the car down a little. Just curious to see what you guys thought about this, ecpecially since I see a lot of fast cars around here with bigger wheels than factory.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the alloy is offten more heavy then the rubber toward the outside, so the more wight on the outside of the rim creates more rotatinal inertia.

on my car, the aftermarket 17's i have noticably slow the car down from the factroy 15's that came with it
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...