Some freshly painted piece

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Some freshly painted piece

Post by ttocs »

Installed a Shinoda boss chin spoiler and a saleen S281 rear spoiler on the car. Totally changed its look imo.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
LowandLoud

Re: Some freshly painted piece

Post by LowandLoud »

Looks good. I like them. They add some more style without going over the top like some of the big aluminum spoilers and other crap you see stuck to some cars, lol.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

looks allot faster i like the front
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

I got to be honest.I was never a fan of what I called the 'round' Mustangs,but youve hit it out of the park with this one. Just the right amount of attitude,great stance,the perfect color and those wheels IMO are best looking wheels made for the Mustang. Looks great!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Thanks for the kind words I appreciate the compliments. Then this happened on Friday.

Driving along at 1:30pm in some traffic, 4-5 cars back from the car infront of me going 55 in a 50. The car in front of me started to brake. I was back far enough and going the same speed at them that I didn't hit my brake as soon as I saw his lights, just took my foot off the gas and was moving it toward the brake. Just about the time my foot is starting too push the brake I see the back end of the car in front launch up/forward as though he has now started emergency braking HARD. At that point I mash my brake only to feel the abs kick in and to watch the sliver of pavement between his car and mine disappear and then, nothing but airbags.... He got out and said the car in front of him suddenly came to a stop and he was only able to stop about an inch away from them before I hit him, and then they took off. It was an elderly couple I hit and the driver was find, the pass the took off they kept saying for observation because of a prior health history, hopefully she is ok. I ended up with a slight burn on my wrist from the airbag and bruised my ego pretty badly. Had a couple of days to go over it all though and it could have been worse. Just replaced a pair of sunglasses that was frameless because the lense was breaking around the bridge. I got smacked in the face pretty good by the airbag and I am sure if I had those glasses on the lense would have broke the rest of the way and then the pieces would be in my eye... 2nd good thing was that I had been struggling to mount the corbeau seats I got over the winter. The mounting for the air bag system behind the seats fit PERFECTLY with the stock seats and left some space but they would hit the tank valves when it was back all the way. I raised the back of them up 1" with some steel spacers made from pipe and then I had the space I need but the small surface area of the pipe spacers left the back of the seat wobbling. Just tues I bought some 1" thick aluminum(6061) blocks that I had made to the same size as the rear seat mounts on the corbeau to get the space I need and to keep the back solid. I just put those in 3 days prior and was happy that they made it nice and solid.... Finally, I only have a $250 deducible...
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Damn that sucks. But, as you said, it could be worse. The car can be fixed and its really not that bad. It doesnt look bent or any serious sub frame damage.
I am in the middle of putting a new front end on the fiances van because of a similar situation. She swerved and touched a guardrail though because I was in front of her, lol.

Glad you are okay man.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea ain't that some karma? Other good news was the chin spoiler made it through with out a scratch on it.... The hole directly in the center of my bumper was from his exhaust pipe. I pulled the oval piece from the cover out of his pipe, it poked through the foam behind it as well.
zztunnell

Post by zztunnell »

Holy crap! Thankfully it sounds like everyone came out ok. Still sucks when it happens to one youve put so much time and effort in. Keeping my fingers crossed that the structure didnt get tweaked.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

yea idunno I am pretty much planning on them saying its totaled. It didn't hit straight as you can tell by the headlights. I could not open the drivers door because of the quarter panel being pushed into it, pass door was fine. Hopefully its not the case but even if it is I will probably build it back salvaged...
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Glad u made it out okay and afterall it´s just a car. Everything can be fixed. I hope u are back on the streets with it soon!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

woke up today to a call from the body shop. Says he is filling out all kinds of aftermarket parts forms to get them replaced if they are damaged and has a $9k estimate worked out so the road to rebuild could take a little while....
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

God, that sucks man. Glad everyone is mostly okay. :(
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That is REALLY frustrating, especially after all the work you put into it. I can empathize with your situation, I had a similar thing happen to me in '08. It took me over 3 months and almost $10k to get my car back on the road, all because some guy wasn't paying attention and ran a red light. Your damage doesn't look to be too bad, you should be able to get her all fixed up and on the road again. Good luck and I'm glad no one was injured!
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I got the call today I had been expecting and dreading a bit, they are totaling the car. I told them I want to keep it and rebuild it and they said they put the value at $4800 which seems a bit low to me considering the KBB value is $5300 before the mods are all considered. Anyone gone through this before? Is it better just to take their numbers or should I fight it?
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

ttocs wrote:I got the call today I had been expecting and dreading a bit, they are totaling the car. I told them I want to keep it and rebuild it and they said they put the value at $4800 which seems a bit low to me considering the KBB value is $5300 before the mods are all considered. Anyone gone through this before? Is it better just to take their numbers or should I fight it?
Anytime the airbags go off you can count on the insurance company totalling the vehicle. As far as fighting the insurance company, I have no experience with this and I wish you the best of luck. Unfortunately I don't think they look at modifications when it comes to pricing the car so you will probably get screwed there. I got $500 from the insurance company for my crash, didn't even pay for the hood. Everything came out of pocket for me. My incident (as well as numerous shopping cart and door ding incidents) is why I will NEVER own a nice vehicle again. It's not worth it when there's so many idiots in the world.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

I dont know whether it would be worth fighting for the $500 discrepancy. Your time is probably better spent fixing the car. I guess you dont know yet what they would knock off for you to buy it back? Hopefully it leaves you with a good chunk to get started on the rebuild.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

ttocs wrote:I got the call today I had been expecting and dreading a bit, they are totaling the car. I told them I want to keep it and rebuild it and they said they put the value at $4800 which seems a bit low to me considering the KBB value is $5300 before the mods are all considered. Anyone gone through this before? Is it better just to take their numbers or should I fight it?
Insurance and banks don't use Kelly Blue Book values, they go by the NADA value.

http://www.nadaguides.com/

Don't be surprised if they try to charge you for keeping the car as well. If they took it they'd run it through a salvage auction and it'd bring every bit of $2500 at auction as it sits. By you keeping the car, you're hurting their income, so they'll resist that.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

sux to see that....was thinking car was looking good with the new spoiler and chin. then i scrolled down and BAM!!!
before I got to the $$ figure I guessed 4800. Which is about right in my mind, those years (94-98) are not super desirable as far as Mustangs go. people who own them would obviously disagree but whatever...
Can you get your gear out of it or have you already? I know it'll be a tough decision but I would let it go. Stay in the stang world, pick up a New Edge or maybe even a Terminator. IDK possibly another 94-98?? find one on a forum, Insurance Co. will not like you to have your car back unfortunately...GL keep us informed.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

Post pics! I love sn95 Mustangs! I have had a few myself. My favorite one though was a 95 factory Steeda Q car with only 30k miles on it. It had a lot of mods including a 383" Kaase motor with a Vortech supercharger. After having engine problems, I did what any crazy person would do and swapped in a twin turbo LS motor. It made just shy of 1,000 rwhp through full exhaust and everything. Still had full interior, big stereo system, etc. All around awesome street car. A lot of ford guys hated me for it but the original owner of the car saw my build pics and called me to tell me how much he likes it. He ended up buying it back from me.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

Just noticed you have Indiana plates too. What part? I am in Crown Point.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

all the way down south in Evansville on the Ky/Il/In boarder

I Found a vortech kit for it and will be adding that on when it gets rebuilt. Its coming along, going to start the drivers side fender flare to match the passenger side shortly.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

Very nice. Glad you decided to rebuild it.
oilworker

Post by oilworker »

I just saw your rebuild thread. You have definitely been putting in some work. Very nice!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I am still hoping to have it back on the road by the end of the summer but there is a lot of work yet to go.