BEHOLD, "THE SATURN"!!!!!!

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

BEHOLD, "THE SATURN"!!!!!!

Post by mr tibbs »

Allrighty, because of recent events I can see that some people need to vent a little bit so I would like to offer up my car as a sacrifice for the greater good of the forum. I know what this car is and I know what it is not. I have done some stuff to it, but for the most part it is stock. Please, if you feel the need to bash someone elses anything, come in here and let-er-rip! You simply can not hurt my feelings for ripping on my car. I know it's nothing special, but I have put some work into it. Anywho, let the comments fly!!

First, a few pics of the exterior:

Tinted windows, tinted tails, and clear corners, it's a start!

Here are the tinted tails in the daylight.

What??!! A 3rd door??!! :roll:

A few pics of the interior:

There are the LPG tweets in the sail panels, Seas mids in the stock location. Notice the holes just above the mids, that was my first attempt at the tweeter placement. :evil:

Pioneer Premier 860mp, the perfect HU for me at this time.

Now the trunk, I have been telling people that this is a temp install, but let's get honest here folks. This is my install for this car. I wanted to do more, but most likely will not in this car. I have almost everything for the new install, but will not be putting it in this car. I'll wait for a new car and do it once and be done with it. Here are the pics:

Maybe I'll take the box out and paint it, then again...... :lol:

Sub amp x600.1

Front stage amp x100.4

Distro block, 0/1 in and 4 gauge out to each amp

Bling pics:

New tires, check out the stylin' stock rims!! 8)

WOW, 124 horses of pure fury!!!

Welcome to Utah, don't do anything on Sunday!! :twisted:

Well, there you have it, bash away friends!! No seriously, give er hell!! :twisted: :twisted:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

What sub is that... I like the looks of it.

OH WAIT.. I mean...

GOD YOUR CAR SUCKS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GOD SATURN WHY OMG
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

What kind of sub is that? looks similar to one of mine...hehe....RE audio sx tripple stack magnet. Although it really isnt a RE audio. I am not sure who manufactured mine. Sounds good tho...but not quite the UMPH....for me....
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

It's a custom job, TC9 motor with RE soft parts. David from RE made it for me. That is actually the 2nd sub he has made for me. I told him to make me a sub that sounded great and could handle around 1k of power, this is what he came up with. It sounds pretty damn good to me, if I had some more power I would put it in a smaller box and wang the hell out of it! :twisted:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Looks like a cleanly maintained average car to me.

I can only point out the obvious: it's a Saturn :)
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

IT actually really does sound similar to mine....I am not sure where it came from or what it really is....Mine might be the same....do you have a spec sheet on it? or pics of the magnet/insides?! I'd like to know..cuz it really looks like mine. I won mine on fleabay...I like it...just not enuff umph! so now I have a 12"xxx instead.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Wakeup wrote:IT actually really does sound similar to mine....I am not sure where it came from or what it really is....Mine might be the same....do you have a spec sheet on it? or pics of the magnet/insides?! I'd like to know..cuz it really looks like mine. I won mine on fleabay...I like it...just not enuff umph! so now I have a 12"xxx instead.
Actually all the pics of this sub are on my parents computer. I can find some similar to it, but not the exact pics. Let me dig around a bit, also, I would love to try a xxx!! I have always wanted to try one, and now I just happen to have the power to push one!! :twisted:

Fuzzy, I wish it was a Toyota, trust me I really wish it was! :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

mr tibbs wrote:Fuzzy, I wish it was a Toyota, trust me I really wish it was! :lol:
I love 80s and 90s Toyota. Tom's 1985 Corolla was a great car. Not because it was special for any reason but because it was excellent value for an all around good vehicle.

I found my truck has about 1/4-1/2 of the exact same interior parts that Tom's Corolla did. There's 6 years of manufacturing difference and still the same reliable parts.

I don't have ton's of experience with any make of vehicle really but Toyota has impressed me from the perspective of an owner who likes to tinker.

How is the handling on your Saturn? Comfort?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ryan, we just bought that Celica Alltrac yeseterday. Again, lots of the same parts. I was very impressed by it though.. it is definitely a much higher tier car. The stock stereo is actually really good, it has power folding/aiming mirrors and other rarities.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

stipud wrote:Ryan, we just bought that Celica Alltrac yeseterday. Again, lots of the same parts. I was very impressed by it though.. it is definitely a much higher tier car. The stock stereo is actually really good, it has power folding/aiming mirrors and other rarities.
Go TOYOTA!
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Wakeup, the sub basically looks like this:

Fuzzy, the comfort in this car is so so. About a month after I bought it we took a road trip to Colorado. It was an alright trip, but far from luxury. Handling is also so so, but that is probobly due to the fact that it has 100k and needs new struts and probably springs. Will it get them, probably not! The next car I am shooting for is a Scion Tc, with a factory supercharger of course!! :wink:
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Your install is kinda like mine. The permanent temporary job. i like it mang.
Boomshackalacka
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Theyre good cars. VERY reliable.

I raced one back when I got my Tib and it was even stevens. Then I got all my engine mods done and I shit all over him after that :lol:

Oh, you need rims dude...
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

mine is bigger...tripple stack magnets, looks more like a RE SE/SX crossbreed. And i was told it was softparts of a RE audio. And definitely looks like it. Dunno who made the motor tho.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

It's probably a RE sexx, someone was making a crossbreed of the Se and the Sx. From what I hear they are pretty nice sounding subs!
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Looks good to me. I bet the majority of us here have similar -never finished installs. In my trunk I have an uncarpeted box with an amp rack attached to the back of it. Bland yes, but secure and functional and sounds pretty good to me.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^guilty
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

guilty as well. Maybe someday I'll finish it .
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

hell......jeffy youve seen my burb......and how long have i had the drivers door panel off the blazer???? :lol: :lol:
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

That was kind of the feeling I got after meeting with a few people from this and other forums. I really want to finish it, but at the same time it's in there and doing what it's supposed to do so it kind of gets bumped down on the priority list. :lol:
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

BTW, are you guys even gonna try to bash this or what? Your putting no effort into this!! :twisted:

Here, I'll start, those damn tail lights are too dark!! Where the hell is the sunroof?? Seriously, who the hell has a black car with a black interior and no sunroof??!! That should be illegal! Wash that damn thing, don't you even care about the way it looks? You call that an install? Hell my boy from '95 had a Rockford system that would put that to shame!!

Take it from there boys! :wink:
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

okay i must say then that attention to bracing the enclosure to the floor is
just hog wash................. :lol:
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

Um, you could dust off the amps maybe :wink: .....Hell I don't know, I'm not too good a criticizing other peoples stuff..... :lol:

I mean, OMG HOW DO YOU LET YOUR AMPS GET SO DUSTY!!!!!!!

Is that better?
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

is it just me or is your box missing a screw in the pic with the d-block?
Gosh! :x
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

dedlyjedly wrote:is it just me or is your box missing a screw in the pic with the d-block?
Gosh! :x
Good eye. I totally missed that one...