Prepping the car for sale.

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Prepping the car for sale.

Post by ydnap »

Instead of totally redoing the broken delock (see pic here car looking very sorry for itself).

I simply ordered a White Zombie sticker and fabbed a badge back for it and put that over the damage, see here -

Also, the vents were really fucked up, see here

Theyre out of the car atm, all stripped, drilled (to allow the water to leave instead of freezing) and primered, waiting a couple of days before painting them back to black and will re rivet them.

Also, (and I know you guys will hate this...) I have decided to fit a wing to the car.

Quite simply every young dude who has seen my car has drooled all over it BUT said I need to fit a spoiler (damn kids, no taste).

I mulled it over, and I really reakon its worth it simply as I want the stupid younguns bidding on the car. I will get alot more for it.

So, I managed to track down the wing I was once considering on Craigslist.

I figured I may aswell go all out "Fast & Furious" in order to get top money on the car.

This is the wing I am getting, this color (tho I am going to do it all black with paint) for $50. Retails over $200.

If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That is fucking gay Pandy. Seriously gay.

:snooty:

Come on, it actually looks good without it.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

stipud wrote:That is fucking gay Pandy. Seriously gay.

x2, I thought you were selling it before you jump ship. :?
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

mr tibbs wrote:
stipud wrote:That is fucking gay Pandy. Seriously gay.

x2, I thought you were selling it before you jump ship. :?
I agree with you guys. Very fucking gay.

However I can see his point of view. If he is trying to get the maximum money out of it, and got the wing cheap, it my actually attract more of the young dumb kids with money.....
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

fordtough1 wrote:
I agree with you guys. Very fucking gay.

However I can see his point of view. If he is trying to get the maximum money out of it, and got the wing cheap, it my actually attract more of the young dumb kids with money.....
This is it.

I'm 34 years old. My car is Brit/Euro styled with a flakey twist (a very subtle one). Finding someone with the same taste as me who would buy my car as it currently is would be incredibly difficult.

The Tiburon is a ricer car, so the best market to sell it to is a ricer market, and every single kid who has seen my car loved it, all apart from the fact it did not have a stupid fucking gay wing on it.

I dont want it on there, but, for another $50 it will be a complete fast and furious car..

Recently there was a RD2 on ebay (about 4 months ago). RD2 being a second gen tib (uglier, shitter, they had no good shit cos Hyundai trimmed the nuts out of them).

This car was fucking foul, and I mean foul with a capital F.

It had a disgusting combat kit, was painted banana yellow and was covered in NOS stickers. 18" Chrome rims that probably weighed more than the car. No mods, Auto tranny. Honestly it was *RANK*.

It sold for $9000. :shock:

I want $3500 for my car. However, I have this sneaky feeling that by making it totally fucking gash and adding that spoiler I can get $4k for it, for $50 plus 2 cans of black spray paint.

Funnily enough I got the spoiler brand new. The guy got it for his kid for xmas and when he went to fit it he didnt want to drill holes in the kids car.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Okay, tell you what... I will still forgive you if you sell it WITH the spoiler, but don't put it on the car.

Don't sell your soul out for money!
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

stipud wrote:Okay, tell you what... I will still forgive you if you sell it WITH the spoiler, but don't put it on the car.

Don't sell your soul out for money!
Money talks right now man. Im currently living on $200 a month. Not easy.

Also, when I leave it's going to cost me about $2000+ just to get the fuck out of here. Basically I have a problem with my ears, it's to do with too much fluid. As soon as I try to fly in a plane and it leaves the ground I lose all balance. I throw up and feel like I am going to die. Flying is *the* most terrifying thing I have ever done.

Hence I need to take the boat to get back, like I did here, and its not cheap.

TBH I am having to literally lose all attatchment to the car. Its not easy, neither is leaving the USA. But, I do not want to get home broke. I got here with over $8000 in cash. The INS fucked me over and I ended up spending the lot. All I own now to my entire existance is that car, and some video games.

So I will sell out for cash tbh, Im not going home skint.... The best part of taking the boat is I can carry literally whatever I can carry that will fit in the cabin. So my new Alienware PC and alot of shit (clothes, 2 pairs timberlands I paid $35 a pair for) and all that shit can go with me.

Its over $1000 to fly now anyway, and the suitcase weight was reduced to half of what it used to be after 911.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Take that stupid light show out of your back window and you'll get more for the car too.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

gridracer wrote:Take that stupid light show out of your back window and you'll get more for the car too.
Its not there for looks, more for legality and safety.

When I removed the old spoiler I got a warning from a cop for no 3rd brakelight.. And have nearly been rear ended by 2 tractor trailers without one in there.

Once a large vehicle closes in they cant see the tail lights.

Anyway my case is rested. A 1996 eclipse with a bent rim and broken bodykit in lairy green just sold for $5500. It had done 180k miles.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Vents are done.. Found some decals out in the shed (cos my mate had a tib) to add that extra bling innit.

Got nos?

Just need to be cleared in 2 days and they can go back on :D
Attachments
vents.JPG
vents.JPG (74.66 KiB) Viewed 8513 times

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ydnap wrote:Its not there for looks, more for legality and safety.
But you're trying to sell your car based on looks. Why add the spoiler but leave the brake light pod?
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

:? :?
If I should spend time and money on custom-painting a MS2125 to get a higher price for it, somebody will buy it, and after coming home, he sand-blasts it and paints it the original colour again, because that's simply... the way it should be!
My advice; spend your time, [and more importand now; your few last bucks], on things that really help you get further in life right now!
I'm just trying to be helpfull; I've been in the same spot once in my life, doing things like this; I learned they don't help.
GOOD LUCK MAN.
Nico
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

I don't think you understand the psyche of american spoiled teenagers Nico mate.

Anyway, I managed to get a plain wing from some kid locally for $30. Chopped it down widthwise to fit my car, replaced the end plate bolts with something more subtle and hung it and sprayed it black.

Just gotta go over tomorrow, remove a couple of runs and clear the thing and it should be on the car sometime next week.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

[quote="ydnap"]I don't think you understand the psyche of american spoiled teenagers Nico mate.

You're absolutely right about that, just trying to help by telling about something I did in life, that I wish I had not done afterwards :oops:
[not going into details :lol: ]
Hope this wing you bought will in fact help you sell your car easier.
Nico
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Definitely :)

Take a look at this. This car isnt even worth what it's reached.

Read carefully, and look at the pics. Its dented, the rims are fucked and theres serious body damage.

It doesnt run right and likely never will either.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hyundai- ... enameZWDVW

Keep an eye on that, watch what it sells for..

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

ydnap wrote:This car isnt even worth what it's reached..
Are you kidding me, or are you just gullible?

You seriously mean that this car ain't worth the 1600 USD it has reached till now? This car has alot of nice options and parts, which are very expensive.

But you claim 3500 USD for yours, and believe in getting 4000 USD by adding a 50 bux rear spoiler? Sorry mack, but I have been too long in the car-business to agree with you here.

I do not think that your homemade 3rd breaklight and a rear alu-spoiler can make your white car double++ the price compared to the other one. My guess is infact that the other engine is more worth than your entire car itself.. No offence, but you should infact read carefully the add yourselves, and see what parts the other car has..
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

So we've got a bent rim, and a dent in the door. I'm not big on the exhaust or spoiler, but they at least match the car a bit, and there are no rob zombie stickers hiding flaws either! It's got a built turbocharged motor, which runs, and appears to have been put together well enough. All it needs is some good tuning, and you'd have a wicked sleeper.

So why is this not worth $1500? :roll:

Pedi is right, the parts and work on that car are worth more than your car is altogether.

If anything, putting that spoiler on might get you LESS money from people wanting to remove it. Typically kids who want double decker spoilers are too poor to buy cars anyways, so you just end up fucking your sale over in the end. I've had a friend try to pull the same crap... he also bought a big ass spoiler, but before he put it on he sold it to a guy, who told him to "keep that ugly piece of shit".

I'm not just talking out of my ass here... I'm speaking from experience, just like Pedi and Nico. Since you've bought the spoiler already, you can take some pics with it sitting on the trunk and say "spoiler included and may be installed or left off at your discretion" in the sale. That way you get the best of both worlds... if by some miracle a dopey ricer kid wants a spoiler, he's got it. Or if some normal guy wants a normal car, he can have it too, without trying to fill holes and fix up a one-off pearl paintjob.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

I know what Tiburons sell for. The body on that isnt straight and it would need a complete respray.

I can also assure you it runs like a fucking dog. Why do you think I havent turbocharged mine? hint, they dont like it. Infact, they hate it so much that the car will NEVER run right again, hence the need for a piggyback ECU. The only good way to charge a tib is with an alpine supercharger.

Good luck on finding one replacement rim, itll need a full set no doubt.

Now lets get into why mine is worth $3500-$4000.

No dents. Not a single imperfection on the body. Expensive paint job. Good rims no damage. Tail lights are worth over $400 alone, my rims were nearly $1500 new with tires.

1/3 less milage, mine has done about 100k miles. Try finding one that has done that low for a ten year old car.

Mine has a new interior. Seats, harnesses and back seat are less than a year old. Mine has EVERYTHING done to it, not just a bad engine in a mangled car.

I also have engine work done to mine, everything but the turbo. So thats a moot point though I am sure if he stripped it down he would get more for it.

And what sells? plain turbocharged cars that dont run properly or fast and furious replicas? I admit that I am saddened to say that rice sells but it does. I have been watching numerous ebay auctions over the last couple of months. I know what sells when it comes to these cars :)

That car on ebay would be worth more stock with a good body. Mind you, he will probably get some gullible little cunt to buy it and waste more money and time before removing the turbo setup on it. Leaving you with a car that needs a complete repaint.

And to say it has beaten some WRX's? ROFL. Thats fucking bollocks. Not at that spec and not with that setup.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Pedi wrote:
ydnap wrote:This car isnt even worth what it's reached..
Are you kidding me, or are you just gullible?

You seriously mean that this car ain't worth the 1600 USD it has reached till now? This car has alot of nice options and parts, which are very expensive.

But you claim 3500 USD for yours, and believe in getting 4000 USD by adding a 50 bux rear spoiler? Sorry mack, but I have been too long in the car-business to agree with you here.

I do not think that your homemade 3rd breaklight and a rear alu-spoiler can make your white car double++ the price compared to the other one. My guess is infact that the other engine is more worth than your entire car itself.. No offence, but you should infact read carefully the add yourselves, and see what parts the other car has..
I did read the ad, and I know what parts it has. And, I know that it will never run properly with that turbo system EVER.

Thats why I know that its not worth that much money. Mine isnt either but at least it is reliable.

The biggest fucking problem with Tiburon owners is they cant accept the car for what it is. They always try to make it do something it was never intended to (unlike DSMS) and pay the price.

FFS I would rather save the cash and get a WRX or EVO, why do you think I own a tib? because theyre cheap.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

stipud wrote:So we've got a bent rim, and a dent in the door. I'm not big on the exhaust or spoiler, but they at least match the car a bit, and there are no rob zombie stickers hiding flaws either! It's got a built turbocharged motor, which runs, and appears to have been put together well enough. All it needs is some good tuning, and you'd have a wicked sleeper.

So why is this not worth $1500? :roll:

Pedi is right, the parts and work on that car are worth more than your car is altogether.

If anything, putting that spoiler on might get you LESS money from people wanting to remove it. Typically kids who want double decker spoilers are too poor to buy cars anyways, so you just end up fucking your sale over in the end. I've had a friend try to pull the same crap... he also bought a big ass spoiler, but before he put it on he sold it to a guy, who told him to "keep that ugly piece of shit".

I'm not just talking out of my ass here... I'm speaking from experience, just like Pedi and Nico. Since you've bought the spoiler already, you can take some pics with it sitting on the trunk and say "spoiler included and may be installed or left off at your discretion" in the sale. That way you get the best of both worlds... if by some miracle a dopey ricer kid wants a spoiler, he's got it. Or if some normal guy wants a normal car, he can have it too, without trying to fill holes and fix up a one-off pearl paintjob.
No you are not talking from experience Tom because you have never owned a tiburon.

I could turbo charge mine tomorrow. I have a charger sat waiting for me and an intercooler. All I would need other than what I could get free is a manifold. Theres a good reason why I havent done it.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ydnap wrote:No you are not talking from experience Tom because you have never owned a tiburon.

I could turbo charge mine tomorrow. I have a charger sat waiting for me and an intercooler. All I would need other than what I could get free is a manifold. Theres a good reason why I havent done it.
I don't own a Tiburon, but my best friend does. We bought it with the intention of flipping it, so I know what does and does not make them profitable. And yes, I am speaking from experience that putting gay spoilers on cars won't make them sell for more money... because it's exactly what another friend of mine did on his Sunfire (an equally gay car), and that only bit him in the ass as well. You can't honestly tell me that bolting a spoiler to your boot, and NOT giving the buyer the OPTION of having it or not, is going to make you more money? Why cut out the buyer that DOESN'T want a spoiler, when you can have both him and the ricer, simply by making it optional?

I would personally be interested in your car without the spoiler. It's got a good paintjob, but once you bolt that fucker onto the boot, if I wanted to remove it, I would have to go through bodywork. Even then, the trouble of matching your custom paintjob would be ridiculous. So at that point, I would just walk away... whereas if you DIDN'T have it bolted down, I could just say "no thanks", and chuck it in a dustbin.

While we're at it, there's also a great deal more required to properly turbocharge a car than a turbo, intercooler and manifold, especially if the car was designed for N/A in the first place. This is probably why most turbo tibs run like shit -- because they hackey smack a turbo onto a block that's not designed for it. The ad that you posted at least has stronger rods, forged low compression pistons and a special headgasket, to make it more boost-friendly. There's a lot of work done to that car to make it run with a turbo, and I would be VERY surprised if it didn't run reliably with a properly tuned ECU.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Your friend owns a GK. TOTALLY different car dude. But again they like being supercharged over Turbocharged.

Mods on my car include everything. Heads, tails, fogs, bumpers, interior, stereo, DVD, TV. Steering wheel, pedals, shifter. 80% of my car has been replaced with new parts.

The Tibs engine is suprisingly boost friendly, the entire ECU and sensors is totally not.

A Tib's ECU resets itself every 4-6 months, meaning that you cannot hook it to a laptop, tune it and have the job done. You need a piggyback ECU (about 2 grand) and even then its a fucking nightmare.

As for the on/off spoiler debate. My car is worth more to a stupid kid. We already established that. Hence the spoiler argument is mooted. A kid will want the spoiler man.

If I was bolting this spoiler onto a stock body then fair enough. Fact is that my entire exterior has been customised, the spoiler is just an addition if that makes sense :)

One exterior mod is gay and dumb, all of them added together is pretty sweet.

Regardless of what other people think I love the over the top fast and furious look (would own either the green eclipse or VD's RX7 in a heartbeat).

I do have a good few engine mods to boast, but even with those my car sometimes falls out of gear @ 50mph plus because it got there way too quickly for the transmission ECU to understand, thus it just drops into neutral and waits. Usually a ECU reset and then a week of thrash driving fixes this.

It doesnt even throw a code.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ydnap wrote:Your friend owns a GK. TOTALLY different car dude.
Wow, you got me there. I guess all of my automotive experience goes flying out of the window, because I don't have the exact same car as you.

Okay Pandy, have fun with your spoiler. :|
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

ydnap wrote: I can also assure you it runs like a fucking dog. Why do you think I havent turbocharged mine? hint, they dont like it. Infact, they hate it so much that the car will NEVER run right again, hence the need for a piggyback ECU. The only good way to charge a tib is with an alpine supercharger.
OK pandy..

The reason why you have not turbocharged yours is clear: you do not know how to turbocharge an engine. It is not just mounting a turbo, manifold and a intercooler - and you are good to go.

Believe me, I know... I have been building enignes, rebuilding and tuning both supercharged, turbochargeda and N/A- engines for years. Right now I am building a Hypercharged BMW engine for myself. Ok, it is only BMWs for my part - but the ideologi is the same....

What have you/others done to your engine, since (Quote:) "I also have engine work done to mine, everything but the turbo" (quote end).

I just wonder since your engine as far as I know is stock condition/performance - and if you have done "everything" to this engine - what would that be? It must be alot, since you can state about the other car "just a bad engine in a mangled car".

As far as I can read from the ad: "it has wiseco
low compression pistons (WIS-K585M825)bored the block 82.500. Shot pen rods with new main and rod bearings balanced all this done at a
profesional machine shop. new double layer metal head gasket. head is
stock. i got 1.8 intake cam if u want it. not installed replaced turbo
for a bigger one 320 hp rated obx headers,front mount intercooler with
custom piping greedy BOV boots around 2k rpm. internal wastegated 550cc
fuel injectors with after market fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255
fuel pump custome made 4 pucks sprung iron clutch like 2000-3000 miles
ago The transmission was replaced along with the clutch for a lower
miles one, has 60k on it fidanza 11 pound flywheel "

This sounds not like a broken motor to me, it sounds like an costly engine to me. So please tell me what is bad, and what is better on your engine.

And last but not least (as I quoted you in the beginning:
I can also assure you it runs like a fucking dog. Why do you think I havent turbocharged mine? hint, they dont like it. Infact, they hate it so much that the car will NEVER run right again, hence the need for a piggyback ECU. The only good way to charge a tib is with an alpine supercharger
WHY do they not like it? Why would the car not run again, ever? Piggyback - would that be your solution? Why exactly an alpine supercharger? I have never heard of alpine, and why would only a S/C do the job? The engine itself does not know if it is a turbo or an S/C feeding it. And the Alpine - is it a roots-, centrifugal- or a twin-screw charger?

Pandy.. I do not know your background, but your words do not tell me that you are a mechanic. Sorry. I normally stay out of discussions in here in this forum, since I do not have a clue when Eric and Cecil does speak their profession. but what I DO know, is that I can stand up and say that I atleast know quite abit as we are talking cars and engines here. I do not work with engines for a living anymore, but I have done that - And I loved to do that.
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Pedi wrote:Pandy.. I do not know your background, but your words do not tell me that you are a mechanic. Sorry. I normally stay out of discussions in here in this forum, since I do not have a clue when Eric and Cecil does speak their profession. but what I DO know, is that I can stand up and say that I atleast know quite abit as we are talking cars and engines here. I do not work with engines for a living anymore, but I have done that - And I loved to do that.
It's no use Pedi. Tiburons are so complicated, like emo kids... you just can't understand. :cry: