Prepping the car for sale.

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

stipud wrote: It's no use Pedi. Tiburons are so complicated
Yeah, I can feel the wind blowing..
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I knew that wing looked familiar...

http://phoenixphorum.com/poll-time-shou ... t1967.html

Enough with the BS Pandy... that spoiler is for YOU, not the so called "ricer kids" you are selling it to. No wonder you're so adamant about putting it on. :roll:

Maybe with that huge air brake to slow you down, your transmission should be able to keep up no problem :lol: :lol:
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

I dont even have that spoiler. One came up locally for $30 so I modded it (chopped it down) and painted it.

So that kinda ruins your theory :D
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

rofl...busted!

that doesnt mean you bought it with the intention of keeping it :)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ydnap wrote:I dont even have that spoiler. One came up locally for $30 so I modded it (chopped it down) and painted it.

My theory... how about the first post in this thread?

And I quote....
ydnap wrote:This is the wing I am getting, this color (tho I am going to do it all black with paint) for $50. Retails over $200.

Does not look at all similar to the spoiler from the old post, does it?

No, not similar at all :roll:
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Pedi wrote: OK pandy..

The reason why you have not turbocharged yours is clear: you do not know how to turbocharge an engine. It is not just mounting a turbo, manifold and a intercooler - and you are good to go. .
I do know how to turbo charge an engine and that is why I havent turbocharged my tiburon. Foremostly because the tiburon is one of the worst cars int the world to choose for turbocharging unless you are happy with 4-6 psi. Anything over that and you're asking for trouble because of the ECU it uses.
Pedi wrote: Believe me, I know... I have been building enignes, rebuilding and tuning both supercharged, turbochargeda and N/A- engines for years. Right now I am building a Hypercharged BMW engine for myself. Ok, it is only BMWs for my part - but the ideologi is the same.....
Again I will reiterate that the Tiburon is a terrible choice for turbo. Mainly because Hyudai have never made a turbochargec vehicle and the ECU was not designed to ever run happily with one. If you knew the ammount of people that I do who have turbocharged them only to find out there aint no silver lining (and end up removing the turbo because its totally off economy and practicality) then you would see what I am saying. The ECU in the Tiburon is all against turbocharging. Its just not very sensible.
Pedi wrote:What have you/others done to your engine, since (Quote:) "I also have engine work done to mine, everything but the turbo" (quote end)..
All of the mods that are worthwhile with the Tiburon. Namely, 1.8l high lift cam. TB bypass, air intake, quad plats, 11mm wires.

I havent replaced the pistons for low compression or the flywheels because its not really worth it. Same reason I havent changed the exhaust system. Because all of that is only really worth it if you are going turbocharged or rich. My friend has the same car as mine with a cat back (cat removed) exhaust, his is slower.

Sure, if I wanted a slow NA car I would pump thousands of dollars into it, but thats pretty pointless seeing as it would be more practical to get a DSM car (eclipse, talon or chrysler) and do it on the cheap. Cheap power.

Pedi wrote:I just wonder since your engine as far as I know is stock condition/performance - and if you have done "everything" to this engine - what would that be? It must be alot, since you can state about the other car "just a bad engine in a mangled car"..
By bad engine I mean it doesnt run properly. From the sellers own admission of course. And, from what I know about Tiburons it likely never will, even with a piggyback ECU.
Pedi wrote:As far as I can read from the ad: "it has wiseco
low compression pistons (WIS-K585M825)bored the block 82.500. Shot pen rods with new main and rod bearings balanced all this done at a
profesional machine shop. new double layer metal head gasket. head is
stock. i got 1.8 intake cam if u want it. not installed replaced turbo
for a bigger one 320 hp rated obx headers,front mount intercooler with
custom piping greedy BOV boots around 2k rpm. internal wastegated 550cc
fuel injectors with after market fuel pressure regulator, walbro 255
fuel pump custome made 4 pucks sprung iron clutch like 2000-3000 miles
ago The transmission was replaced along with the clutch for a lower
miles one, has 60k on it fidanza 11 pound flywheel "

This sounds not like a broken motor to me, it sounds like an costly engine to me. So please tell me what is bad, and what is better on your engine.
The reason 99% of those mods were done is for the turbo. Big injectors on a car with no forced induction will flood the engine. Low compression pistons are there to move faster when the combustion is higher. All of which aint worth doing without a turbo on the car.

Fundamentally it was all a waste and would have been better spent on a AWD eclipse. At least it will tune properly.

I'm not doubting what has been spent on that engine. You are totally missing what I am saying here. What I am saying is it doesnt matter what is in that engine, it will likely never run properly. Im not saying my engine is better either, I said my car will sell for more. Im not saying my car is faster either. I stand by my original point. That car is battered and beaten, doesnt run properly and will sell for silly money.

My point is that a dumb kid WILL PAY MORE for my car than someone would for that one. Everyone I ever knew paid over the odds for a car at some stage usually when they were young because they were decieved by looks.

Pedi wrote:WHY do they not like it? Why would the car not run again, ever? Piggyback - would that be your solution? Why exactly an alpine supercharger? I have never heard of alpine, and why would only a S/C do the job? The engine itself does not know if it is a turbo or an S/C feeding it. And the Alpine - is it a roots-, centrifugal- or a twin-screw charger?.
They do not like it because the ECU will never ever accept it. Sure, if you totally redone the car and put a different engine and ECU in there it would work. A friend of mine was considering ripping out a talon DSM and putting it in his tiburon, ECU, harness and all.

The reason you use a piggyback ECU is to force (or try to) the Tiburons factory ECU into accepting the turbo and to get the tuning done by computer to stay where you set it up to. A factory ECU on a Tiburon DOES NOT work like this. Thre are also no 'chips' available for Tiburons like most cars that will remap everything for you, or let you do it yourself.

The alpine chargers are roots, and come with their own ECU. Theyre also horridly expensive and by the time you are done you would have been better off getting something that will respond well to being tuned.
Pedi wrote:Pandy.. I do not know your background, but your words do not tell me that you are a mechanic. Sorry. I normally stay out of discussions in here in this forum, since I do not have a clue when Eric and Cecil does speak their profession. but what I DO know, is that I can stand up and say that I atleast know quite abit as we are talking cars and engines here. I do not work with engines for a living anymore, but I have done that - And I loved to do that.
I'm not doubting what you do and do not know. What I know is that Tiburons do not take well at all to being turbocharged. Both through what I have seen my friends go through AND facts stated by people.

Do some research on the tiburon and you will clearly see for yourself that what I am saying is right. I should know this, I own one.

No, I am not a mechanic but I have done all the mechanical work to my car myself. I also know alot about cars and engines as I grew up with 2 petrolheads who have owned cars that are just all out race cars.

One currently owns a 800WHP RX7 whilst the other currently owns the UK's fastest Skyline, over 900WHP.

I have helped them rebuild numerous cosworth lumps and watched one of them build a Gartrac conversion series 2.

Oh, and I rebuilt a couple of burton lumps in my teens :)

As I have tried to point out. This turbocharging issue is specific to ALL RD tiburons. I dont know about the GKs because I dont do any research into those AT ALL. I dont like them, theyre totally and utterly different cars.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

stipud wrote:
ydnap wrote:I dont even have that spoiler. One came up locally for $30 so I modded it (chopped it down) and painted it.

My theory... how about the first post in this thread?

And I quote....
ydnap wrote:This is the wing I am getting, this color (tho I am going to do it all black with paint) for $50. Retails over $200.

Does not look at all similar to the spoiler from the old post, does it?

No, not similar at all :roll:
Dude, theorise all you want to. Im in no fucking mood to try and MAKE you see what I am doing here.

That Tenzo spoiler I WAS going to fit was indeed the same as th eone I found on craigslist. By sheer fluke only. It was $50 with $30 shipping.

However. I wanted to do this as cheaply as I could, so I HAVE this one.

See? single plane, non Tenzo. So as I say, it was pure coincidence.

As for me wanting it on there? even if I did it would be pretty stupid. I am leaving the USA on the first of April and decided a week ago not to insure the car anymore as it was pointless as I cant afford the gas. It has been sat outside without being moved for two weeks. So it could be painted bogey green for all I care because I cant even drive it.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

april first you say?

which is April fools day...coincidence of course 8)
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Bfowler wrote:april first you say?

which is April fools day...coincidence of course 8)
yeah and the way my fucking life has been over the past few years Ill probably end up drowning.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I'm sure you're more than familiar with this already but it seems to me that more than a few of the guys over at hyundaiperformance.com are running turbo charged RDs. They have quite a bit of info on it over there. Quite a lot of newbs asking stupid questions, too.

Seems to me that the problem isn't turbocharging the RD so much as people misunderstanding what it really takes to turbocharge them properly, that it's easy to get it wrong.

I don't really see how that a whole lot different than slapping a turbo on any old N/A car, though. There are always going to be issues when jamming air into an engine harder than stock components are expecting it.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I'm sure you're more than familiar with this already but it seems to me that more than a few of the guys over at hyundaiperformance.com are running turbo charged RDs. They have quite a bit of info on it over there. Quite a lot of newbs asking stupid questions, too.

Seems to me that the problem isn't turbocharging the RD so much as people misunderstanding what it really takes to turbocharge them properly, that it's easy to get it wrong.

I don't really see how that a whole lot different than slapping a turbo on any old N/A car, though. There are always going to be issues when jamming air into an engine harder than stock components are expecting it.
It probably isn't all that different. NA cars were designed to be that way so you're really asking for it by going turbo anyway.

But I do know from my time spent on RDtiburon.com that alot of people have had serious troubles.

Which brings me back to my point. I would rather have something that was meant to be turbocharged in the first place and desigend to work that way and then embelish that. Like my pal Ryan with the STI converted wagon.

I do know how the RD's ECU works, and I know it's a complete nightmare (from many many hours of research and watching others make the mistakes) more than enough to make me never want to turbo charge my car..

Personally I love RX7's. I really love them.. The rotary engine is fucking sweet.. The beta 2 engine in the Tib is a good engine, if you leave it pretty much alone and just accept the Tiburon for what it is, a cheap well handling little sport coupe. Its when people have dreams of racing WRX's and Skylines that they go all wrong :)

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

By the way. Why the fuck is it that every time I fucking post something pertaining to my car that people get all fucking upitty?

It's kinda like the time someone dissed my install. Yet, ironic part is I have seen a good few ghetto MDF unfinished installs on here from other people yet noone seems to mouth off the same way.

You know something? at least I fucking get shit done. My way. If you dont like it? at least fucking back it up by showing you can produce the fucking goods.

If you dont like the car fine. Just shut the fuck up about it already its so fucking old.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

pandy...this happens EVERY time you post about your car.

we have all done some temprary things to our cars...but NONE else has ever talked about putting a spoiler like that on our car. or skate board bearing superchargers, or stickers to cover up broken locks, or cosworth vents in our hood.

we are just giveing our opinons to help you and you try and defend your position agaist that....and then you take it personal when we dont agree
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

ydnap wrote:I know what Tiburons sell for. The body on that isnt straight and it would need a complete respray.

I can also assure you it runs like a fucking dog. Why do you think I havent turbocharged mine? hint, they dont like it. Infact, they hate it so much that the car will NEVER run right again, hence the need for a piggyback ECU. The only good way to charge a tib is with an alpine supercharger.

Good luck on finding one replacement rim, itll need a full set no doubt.

Now lets get into why mine is worth $3500-$4000.

No dents. Not a single imperfection on the body. Expensive paint job. Good rims no damage. Tail lights are worth over $400 alone, my rims were nearly $1500 new with tires.

Mine has a new interior. Seats, harnesses and back seat are less than a year old. Mine has EVERYTHING done to it, not just a bad engine in a mangled car.

I also have engine work done to mine, everything but the turbo. So thats a moot point though I am sure if he stripped it down he would get more for it.
1st not a single imperfection? how about the "shaved" trunk lock where it cracked and you covered ir with sticker? and I quoted shaved because all your really did was bondo over it.
2nd dented rim a replacement can be found overnight
3rd tailights are worth nothing anymore on a car plus you can't sell it without them so they add no value to any vehicle whether they cost $400 or came stock
4th racing seats and harness take away from the value as it just screams out loud this car has been driven to shit
5th your rims and tires add no value for resale again you can't sell the car without them so it doesn't matter to the buyer what they are
6th expensive paint job?

My family has been selling used vehicles for 35 years at times we have over 30 cars and trucks on our small car lot. I know what you can do to a vehicle to make money 1 of those things is to buy a piece of shit ricer for cheap because some kid made it worth nothing and its looks dumb the first thing you do is put it back to stock and make it appealing again.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

ydnap wrote:By the way. Why the fuck is it that every time I fucking post something pertaining to my car that people get all fucking upitty?

It's kinda like the time someone dissed my install. Yet, ironic part is I have seen a good few ghetto MDF unfinished installs on here from other people yet noone seems to mouth off the same way.

You know something? at least I fucking get shit done. My way. If you dont like it? at least fucking back it up by showing you can produce the fucking goods.

If you dont like the car fine. Just shut the fuck up about it already its so fucking old.
Just like last time, too many "fuck" in your posts - not neccesary IMO. Ido not care that much, but maybe some others think so.

Nobody here states that your car is not likeable. None. If you drive a Fiat, Chrysler, Hyundai or whatever - I do not care, because we all have different taste. Even though I have BMW in my heart, I could not care less about the others that hate Beemers.

But when you goes into tech, and claim stuff - I feel free to join the discussion as long as the discussion is serious. Threads full of "fuckin shitholes bla-bla-bla" does not interest me that much. Lets keep it filled with technical words, that is a language better understandable.

The discussion goes about what you asked us to follow up - the sale of a turbocharged car that YOU think is fucked.

The other thing is you asking about the spoiler, and you got the replyes. If you cannot handle that people do not share your entusiasm about the high aeroplane-spoilers, then leave the point dead - and no one will comment it again.

It seems to me that you still have high tempered mood, like the last time. You ask the critics, but cannot handle that others have other meanings than you. That is a pity.

BTW.. you claim to have replaced 80% of your car with upgraded stuff. Man, that is a lot...

I also need a DD10...
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

I swear alot. Like everyone else on this planet I am not perfect..

Funny enough I do try not to, but it's so much a habit that I cant help it. My mother doesnt even swear, it was just my surroundings.. I mean christ, kids used to tell the teachers to fuck off all the time at my school lol.

I didnt ask about the spoiler Pedi, I posted my ride just like the subject header on the forums says, and as I have before.

However, people tend to get a little critical and it pisses me off. I dont criticise others because its pointless. TBH if someone is happy with their lfe, car, wife, job etc I am happy for them. As I say, its all to do with this accepting that noone is perfect, let alone oneself. I realised that years ago.

As I say, I wasnt asking the critics. I was posting my ride. And tbh as I have said a million times over none of this stupid stuff (wahey ! I didnt swear :lol: ) is going to make a bit of difference.

Cars are like a canvas to me. Some decide to leave the canvas blank and hide everything behind. Some decide to make that canvas an expression.

The black and white color coding is something that came from inside me. I cant bloody even begin to explain 'why' its just something I see as cool (like black and white photos, black and white movies) I find it very pleasing to the eye.

Some of the things on the car are function over form, like the brake bar. Had I have been given half a chance I would have said that it's coming out. I found an RD1 tibruon at the local u pull and it was the 1.8. so it has no spoiler and does have the brakelight I need.

Pedi. Ill get a list of the mods I have done to the car and post it up here.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

ydnap wrote:I swear alot. Like everyone else on this planet I am not perfect..

I didnt ask about the spoiler Pedi, I posted my ride just like the subject header on the forums says, and as I have before.

Pedi. Ill get a list of the mods I have done to the car and post it up here.
I swear alot also, but I try to keep my language clean.

Infact, after reading the thread again - NO, you did not ask about it. You are right.

A list of mods will be nice, I am honestly interested. Seriously. I love cars, and "mods" are a beloved word in my world. Even though is a Hyundai.

Last but not least:

Pandy, your lastest post here was your best post for a long time. It was nice reading a post from you without all the "fucks" - it makes you more serious, and more interesting to read.

Just as you know (but do not kill me for beeing honest)...

Cheers from Norway.

Pedi

I also need a DD10...
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Hey Pedi if you love cars then look a little closer lmao.

See that iddy biddy spyder? thats about to become a goliath bird eating spyder.

Over on the other side of the lockup is a Nissan 350z engine and tranny.... lol my room mate is a crazy bastard :lol:

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Body / Exterior

Custom black headlights
Custom clear corners (painted black inside with a black lip)
One off mesh mouth grille insert (I made) With 2.5" Halogen fogs and red streetglo.
OEM foglights tinted black with red strobes.
1969 Cadillac Deville license plate frame with custom mesh mount.
Black door handles.
Black mirrors. (electric replacements)
Kspec tinted tails.
Spoiler removed and smoothed over. (getting wing)
Shaved tail lock
Complete debadge.
Hood pins added.
Escort RS Cosworth hood vents.
Small antenna swap.
Tenzo Passion 5 rims on 9mm spacers.
Kustom Shop Holographic flake paintjob.
Mud flaps taken off and reduced in size.
Ceramic brake pads

Interior / Ice

Modded sun visors (so the screen can close lol)
Billet/carbon pedals.
Grant GT racing wheel.
LED bar scanner for alarm.
APC Race seats with RCI harnesses.
Custom dash in Kameleon Green - Blue. (chopped and fibreglassed)
Tiburon RD2 Back seat (black)
Sony Head unit.
NESA DVD player with TV Tuner.
Fusion FX-45 Parametric equaliser with active XO and 8v line driver.
10" Overhead screen
Roger's Crystal Link 1m RCA patch.
Monster Audio RCA (2x 13ft)
Phoenix Gold MPS2220 amplifier (for stage)
Mark Anthony 800mk2 amp (for subwoofer)
3.5" Clif designs speakers custom mounted in heater vents in doors.
6.5" Clif designs speakers in factory location.
6x9" Eclipse point referece speakers in rear.
10" RF punch series 2 woofer.
Custom folded horn enclosure that holds amps and sub (birch)
Deep Cycle battery.
Scorpion X 150 amp circuit breaker.
Monster cable fuses.
Phoenix Gold distro blocks.
4 awg cabling throughout.
0awg ground cable.
PG battery terminals

Engine

AEM clone CAI w/ AEM filter
NGK quad platinum plugs
Magstar wires (9mm)
1.8l cam
Throttle body bypass

That was an old list that I found kicking about on my car club forum. Not sure if anything is missing and I did update it (because it still listed an 18 and audiobahn amp hehe).

If theres anything missing Ill be sure to add it in, but basically the entire body has been changed (some very subtle some more sticky outy) rims/tires. Brakes have been changed, whole original interior is either gone or completely changed and the engine has had all of the cheap(ish) or free mods done :)

Main part of course with this car was keeping it reliable, because I had to drive it every day.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

so uh pedi..any PM's you want to respond too :)
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Bfowler wrote:so uh pedi..any PM's you want to respond too :)
Yeah, sorry. I forgot yesterday..

But as you know, the answer of your PM requiers more than a short answer... So it will come during this evening...

I also need a DD10...
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

haha, no worries mang. when ever you find time is cool
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Done. Was hard work but looks OK IMO.

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Bummer that the curve of the trunk is pointing the spoiler skyward... :?

If you could flatten it out I think it would look much better.
Last edited by stipud on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

believe it or not the end planes are level. I know because I put a spirit level on them :lol:

The spoiler is flat, the back of it curves up. Small ammount of downforce, going silly just eats up gas.

It just looks the way it does because of the camera angle and the fact the Tib's arse is curvier than Salma Hayek in dusk til dawn... Drool....

Here..

Now I am going to get rid of the kameleon and match those parts with the seat blue and then fit all the interior neons (green).

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.