Wierd problem w/ my car

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

ydnap wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:^^ Im at work so unfortunately I cant view the video right now, but I can tell you right now, that their are chevys and fords near my area with upwards of 1000hp. 8) You may have not seen anywhere up towards that range, but my friend you need to make a trip to the south 8)
Can they be reliably daily driven though? or are they good for about 2000 miles or less like a race car would be?
They are dailys... Some people around here ride in drag radials year round :lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mKm1xc0Uxyo&feature=related

Their are alot of 1000hp daily domestics out there.. That skyline video was just one of the may cars out there...

ultimate burnout by marauder 8)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bZGMzPemvd8
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

I will post a bad ass t-type we4 dyno run when i get home
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

who gives a fuck...not like you can even go that fast anyway
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

bdubs767 wrote:who gives a fuck...not like you can even go that fast anyway
huh? the only point I was proving is that their are plenty of 1000hp mustangs/big block chevys.
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

the baaadest street gn on the planet :shock:

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ford just released the new falcon in autraila. Hopefully it will hit the states
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentS ... &c=DFYPage
Turbo model available in 4.0 turbo I6 , and optional v8
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

360 hp inline 6 turbo, and 5.4 390 hp v8 :shock: Most of all the v8 is naturally aspirated.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^so what you are saying is 10 years and an additional liter later...ford's v8 has almost cought up with bmw's? :wink:
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ford has never needed big high power n/a engines to beat bmw on the drag strips 8) On a side note, its not a matter of they are ten years behind, its just a matter of they never bothered to put one out. Ford obviously knows how to make big engines, they just havent.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mackenzie wrote:Ford just released the new falcon in autraila. Hopefully it will hit the states
http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentS ... &c=DFYPage
Turbo model available in 4.0 turbo I6 , and optional v8
Pushing an Australian car as a "domestic" really doesn't help your case, let alone one that isn't even sold here. European and Australian Fords are a world apart... they aren't made or even designed here. However, many of the best offerings from GM/Ford are being shipped over here anyways; Ford's insanely popular Focus was brought over from Europe. The Pontiac GTO is a Holden Monaro, and the G8 is a Holden Commodore.

What would you prefer?
Focus (UK) or Focus (US)
Mondeo or Fusion
Falcon or Taurus
Vectra or G6
H1 or H2

I guess Ford and GM think Americans aren't interested in cars without big gaudy chrome grilles. They seem to suggest that everyone in America has some sort of inferiority complex, which nothing but blocks of chrome can fix. Of course all that chrome comes at a cost, so the interiors are still made out of bullshit plastic, they still run on agricultural motors, and they still don't understand what consumers want.

It's either that, or they sell out the classics like the Hummer, Mustang, or Charger. The new 2-door Challenger SRT8 went from a gorgeous showcar to a GM parts bin interior, 20 inch wheels, no manual option, less than 100lbs lighter than the charger srt-8 (and 300lbs heavier than a 4-door CTS-V??)... on par if not slower than a mustang gt all for the low price of $38000. SIIIGHH.

Current "domestic" offerings remind me of a highschool nerd trying to fit in with the cool crowd. HEY GUYS CHECK OUT MY BLING!! Aw station wagons are soo gaaay man. Did you know I have FIVE slurpee sized cupholders?!? Totally unaware that he is in fact not cool at all... poor little guy, he tries so hard! :(

GM and Ford seem to be behaving as if Detroit is still the center of the automotive universe. Once upon a time it was, but the market is global now, and they need to learn how to be competitive. In order to do that, they have to give the people what they want... which to them still seems to be chrome and pushrod. What they really need to do is follow suit to their European and Australian counterparts, and offer competitive (instead of just adequate) cars at excellent value! Heck, they can even keep the modern knockoffs of their glory day cars... I think they are great! But how about they make them something worthy of their former day praise as well!

I am starting to see evidence of this turnaround happening... the new Cadillac CTS for example, or the new Chevy Malibu, seem to be a huge leap in the right direction. The Corvette interior is getting cleaned up, to match the lump under the hood. The Solstice and Sky are taking big bites out of the Miata compact sportscar market. Their lineup has taken a huge about-face from the disaster they had in the 80's and 90's, and it's going to take some time to build up their cred again.

So I do think there are some good domestic cars out there, but on the whole they still seem to have a pretty messed up idea of what the consumer wants. European and Japanese cars have their troubles as well... Toyotas get sludged due to "high mileage oil changes", and VW's 4th gen cars were an electronic nightmare. However, they still seem to be producing cars that people actually want to buy...

As far as which car is better on the track? Who gives a shit. Japanese corners hurrr American straightline oxcart hurrr... what a boring argument. ALL cars are fun to modify and can be exceedingly fast. Bdubs has an Intrepid, not a 1000hp tuned Fox Body Stang, so I don't see how this argument is at all relevant.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

^^ If you would have read the whole post, you would have seen where pandy showed the video of the skyline, and talked about the import 1000hp car. The reason I posted the stangs were to show that their are plenty of 1000hp ones out there. Then the argument came with imports vs domestics. All im doing is defending them, as I seem to be 1 of 2, maybe 3 people that drive american cars on this forum. Im not saying this is a big move for ford, im just saying its finally nice to see them building a bigger motor, even though its not really necessary. I posted that more or less just because it was a new offering from the company.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I did read the whole post and I do know how the argument started... I just think it's irrelevant. If we're going to discuss "domestic" versus "import" (despite the fact that those distinctions don't really don't exist anymore), then let's at least do it with consumer level cars.

The Falcon XR8 is nothing new... they've had V8's in Falcons since the sixties. V8 tuning is VERY popular in Australia, much like it is here.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

Mackenzie wrote:Ford has never needed big high power n/a engines to beat bmw on the drag strips 8)
from the factory...they don't beat em. the only ones dominating on the drag-strip are super modified. bmw guys don't modify their cars for quarter mile (generally)

there is a saying in the bmw community "drag racing your bmw is like taking a hooker fishing, its fun...but its not what you got it for :)
Last edited by Bfowler on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Bfowler wrote:________________ is like taking a hooker fishing, its fun...but its not what you got it for :)
<----logged into memory, that's a good one!! :twisted:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Bfowler wrote:drag racing your bmw is like taking a hooker fishing, its fun...but its not what you got it for :)
So does that imply a BMW is like a hooker and a drag racing is like fishing? :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

bmw's are like hookers...

you need to be very carefuly of the cheap ones...you get what you pay for, they get you in trouble with cops.... :twisted:
im sure i could think of more.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Not sure if any of you would like it, but imo this car is beautiful
just a concept though.. v10 590hp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSNyc6LOP_k
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Well today my car started making a clicking noise from the engine and that smell of burning anti freeze was in the air. In a hope that it might be just the belts and the anti freeze smell was in my head, I checked the belts....nope. Something inside way deep inside the head or block that you can't see :roll: :roll: :roll: So yea to the shop it goes.

I have a feeling...a really bad feeling about this one.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

sounds like water pump to me homie.

not to bad if you know you didnt over heat your car.
mine only cost me $75 and 4 hours of my time
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

Bfowler wrote:sounds like water pump to me homie.

not to bad if you know you didnt over heat your car.
mine only cost me $75 and 4 hours of my time
I just had mine replaced at the end of the summer.....if its that I will fly back home a kill the person that fixed it.