Tires on Scion xB

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
bandguy12345

Tires on Scion xB

Post by bandguy12345 »

First off, this is my first post on here and I have to say that you all are well read in your car audio. I have been very impressed by this forum. I got into Phoenix Gold by being a legacy with my uncle who ran a 1989 4 Runner in IASCA and USAC. Back in 94 or 95, he won 4th in the world SQ with XS 15s and MPS amps. All Phoenix Gold system with Image Dynamics up front with 8 inch midbass. It is the best system I have ever heard. Well, back to my problem. I have a 04 scion xB and have purchased 16 X 7 inch wheels. I need tires for my little box. Anyone have any suggestions on a good tire size and a good place to get them? I am trying to get all 4 for about 350 to 400 area. Thanks very much
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Stupid should have some good recommendations, but I'm not sure if they will fall into your price range. He did quite a bit of shopping for performance tires for his sexy Saab 9-5.

Have you checked out www.tirerack.com? Even if you're not buying from them, the reviews are useful as there are generally a lot (higher sampling = better statistics!) and you can get an idea as to the price ranges for the tires you're interested in.

Also, it's great to hear about another PG 4Runner! I know there's a couple out there but it's always great to hear it... being an owner myself :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Stupid should have some good recommendations, but I'm not sure if they will fall into your price range. He did quite a bit of shopping for performance tires for his sexy Saab 9-5.

Ha Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol:

You called him stupid :lol:
fordtough1
Twisted's Boyfriend

Post by fordtough1 »

Sorry, I don't know why I found that so funny.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I noticed that myself. :wink:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

What do you want the tires to do? Summer, winter, "all" season? Performance? Low budget? Where do you live, and whats the weather like?

Off the top of my head... For low budget summer tires I recommend General Exclaim UHP or Nexen N2000. Budget "all" season with a performance edge, I recommend Nitto NeoGen. eBay is really cheap for tires, but Tirerack is absolutely invaluable for reviews and ratings.
bandguy12345

Post by bandguy12345 »

I found tirerack to be extremely helpful on this subject. Thanks for the tip. I am looking for low budget. This is one of the slowest production cars made and well not looking for too much tire spinning performance.. I wish that was an option though. I am looking into the Nitto NeoGen. I have heard good things from that brand.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

bandguy12345 wrote:This is one of the slowest production cars made and well not looking for too much tire spinning performance..
Just because you can't accelerate doesn't make performance tires useless. There's still braking and turning to worry about :wink:
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

I really like my Bridgestone RE750s on my GTI. They have lasted 3 years now and probably have another summer in them. They are a pretty hard compound for a high performance tire, so I run a tad lower pressure and they are real sticky on the corners. They are good in the wet too....but no snow....they sucks in the snow....but the Blizzak WS50 is super in the snow....so I have both.
bandguy12345

Post by bandguy12345 »

You are very correct. Turning and Braking are actually more important in most situations. So with that being said, I can kinda change my specs I am looking for out of a tire. I appreciate that input. And I think Bridgestones might be out of my price range. I have a tire place close to my house in Auburn. I will see what he has or can get.
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

sweet another guy from down here in bama....
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]