4Runner Foglight Poll

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?

Fog lights or no fog lights?

Hell, yes.
63%
Fuck, no.
6%
Sure, why not.
25%
I'd think about that for a while.
6%

Total votes: 16

fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

4Runner Foglight Poll

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Simple little poll here guys.

Below are two pictures of the same 1991 4Runner. One without foglights and one "with" foglights. The one with them are obviously just photoshoped in. This truck isn't my truck, but it's the exact same truck.

Fogs or no fogs?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I like the way that fog lights look at night. I'm just trying to picture it in my mind.

Don't take this the wrong way, but when you first posted you seemed like you wanted to keep your truck modest. Since you've been on here you are changing quite a bit. It's funny, but the bug has "bitten" you. You are addicted like the rest of us now. BTW it never stops. :wink:
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I like 'em mang. They would look pretty cool there.
Boomshackalacka
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

fuzzy look into the hella black magic series.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

AVICJR wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but when you first posted you seemed like you wanted to keep your truck modest. Since you've been on here you are changing quite a bit. It's funny, but the bug has "bitten" you. You are addicted like the rest of us now. BTW it never stops. :wink:
Quoted for truth. You are fucked my friend ;)

Voted HELL MOTHA FUCKIN YES +100! (because it's my idea)

Hey Ydnap... now THAT is a TVR griffith "front end" :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

AVICJR wrote:I like the way that fog lights look at night. I'm just trying to picture it in my mind.

Don't take this the wrong way, but when you first posted you seemed like you wanted to keep your truck modest. Since you've been on here you are changing quite a bit. It's funny, but the bug has "bitten" you. You are addicted like the rest of us now. BTW it never stops. :wink:
Yeah, I noticed that too :D

At least I'm not asking about a 4" lift, 35" mudders an engine swap, etc. :)

I still think fogs are modest, but the more little "modest" changes I make, the less modest the truck becomes.

And yes, I think I've been bitten, too. Damn this infection! hehehehehe.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
AVICJR wrote:I like the way that fog lights look at night. I'm just trying to picture it in my mind.

Yeah, I noticed that too :D

At least I'm not asking about a 4" lift, 35" mudders an engine swap, etc. :)
yet......
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

I'm asking about a 4" lift, 35" mudders an engine swap, etc.

Hold on man, save something for next year. :D
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Give it 1 really good off-roading experience and you'll want those too. :twisted:
Boomshackalacka
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Come on mang, you know you want a 3.4 V6 in there!! Maybe even the new 4.0 V6!! :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Well, a decision has been made and implemented.

I built a removable light rack with 4 x 6" 100W halogens for when I go offroading and such.

I installed a toggle switch for them is inside the cab connected to the ignition with two 30 amp relays in parallel to handle the load. I have a dedicated 60 amp fuse power line to the lights. The rack sits on my roof with four suction cups and some tie downs to make sure I don't destroy it (by having it fall off) if the suction cups loosen up for any reason. So far, they seem to hold quite well for several hours on end but they do loosen up overnight a bit.

The light rack electrically connects to the vehicle with a standard US wall plug and socket , so it's fairly clean that way. The socket is inside the vehicle so as to ensure I don't short the circuit with exposed leads when not in use.

I'll post pics in here sometime soon and you guys can laugh at my ghetto rigged shit. While it is ghetto rigged, I have to say I'm loving the cost savings over a commercial solution and the fact that it's totally removable for normal driving. I don't feel the need to display my cock size on the roof of my 4Runner day-to-day, just when I'm hitting the trails :D

I tested the lights last night and they are bright and work well. I just have a couple aiming issues to resolve as my metal drilling technique didn't yield perfectly aligned mounting holes for the lights... nothing major though, I'm sure I can find an easy solution.

I think the materials cost was around $150CAD as the lights themselves were quite cheap at Princess Auto, $25CAD/each. I'm also about 99% sure the halogen bulbs are replaceable so I didn't totally screw myself on that :D

I don't think it's nearly as sexy as having them in the grill but there are unique advantages: I can accommodate more lights (4 instead of 2) and the fact that they are mounted on top gives them more range and dispersion.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

You can still put a good set in your grille for daily driving. Just add a third relay and wire them in permanently. That way you will not only blind deer when we go offroading, you will evaporate them.

Don't forget to post pics for everyone else!
vin78
Vin Diesel

Post by vin78 »

Is it just me or "hell yes" and "sure, why not" means the same thing? :?

It looks like t\your 4 runner has a 50% chance of getting the fog lights.
I would go for it if I was going off roading. So I voted "hell yes"
Dale H

Do it.

Post by Dale H »

These have helped me when I need them
AVIC-D3 RF800.2 JL 12W3's