Toyota, honda, and What? Best quality cars

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Toyota, honda, and What? Best quality cars

Post by Mackenzie »

Im posting this here because noone seems to ever be in the car upgrade threads.. Anyways, I remember everyone trash talking american cars including (ford). Well enjoy the read 8)

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?c ... icleid=661

Looks to be a step in the right direction for ford. Im sure all you import/ euro lovers will still talk crap, but ford makes nice dependable vehicles regurdless of what you heard. :P
Last edited by Mackenzie on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rlockwood

Post by rlockwood »

congratulations..

I got stuck with a 2008 fusion for about 3 days while my 2000 civic was in the shop getting some body repairs done. fucking shit that was a piece of shit. maybe if you weight 250 fucking pounds and enjoy sitting on plywood chairs, it would be perfect. Traded it in for a an 07 jetta and had a tough time taking it back..

also, since your article is on a ford website, and the survey was "The 2008 first quarter U.S. GQRS study, which RDA Group conducts for Ford, asks customers of all major makes and models to comment on troubles and rate their overall satisfaction with their three-month-old vehicles. The survey includes vehicles registered from September 2007 through November 2007."

I have a hard time believing theres no bias here.
Last edited by rlockwood on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm afraid of widths.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Eh, different strokes for different folks.. I for one wont drive a small 4 door car. Fusion, jetta, ect, are cars I would never drive. Does it make it crap that I dont like it, or the interior? No. but I wouldnt drive one..
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

meh. I once had one of those girly japanese preludes. Was like driving a go cart.

I prefer something with a bowtie. :bong:
twisted
Fordtough's Boyfriend

Post by twisted »

nutxo wrote:meh. I once had one of those girly japanese preludes. Was like driving a go cart.

you know i strayed from the bowtie a couple times.........never again!!

i've had 2 POS hondas and bigger POS nissan frontier that was a gas guzzling pile of jizz!!!!!!!!

i like my chevy's hell my truck gets 6mpg better than the frontier :lol:
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I have driven many different vehicles over the years but I always come back to Toyota. They are far from perfect, but I feel I get the most for my money when I buy a Toyota. Every Ford I have ever driven feels underpowered and sloppy on the road. Not to mention the fit and finish and materials used, the plastic used in Ford's always feel "cheap" to me and not very well thought out. That's not to say that Chevy's or Dodge's are any better, but Ford is definitely at the bottom of my list. I can't really say that I have driven many Dodge's, but I have worked on a but load of Chevy's. Out of the domestic vehicles I would buy a Chevy, Dodge then Ford. But for my money I'll stick with Toyota! :wink:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I like many 80s and 90s Japanese cars and trucks.

I'm in no position to start asserting what makes of vehicles are better than others online because everyone sees things differently and places value on different aspects of a vehicle, even down to the smallest nitpick.

I love older Toyota stuff, it just makes sense to me. Everything is pretty straight up and it just works.

I have appreciation for a lot of vehicles, including a ton of american ones... but I prefer imports in general from an ownership point of view.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

twisted wrote:
nutxo wrote:meh. I once had one of those girly japanese preludes. Was like driving a go cart.

you know i strayed from the bowtie a couple times.........never again!!

i've had 2 POS hondas and bigger POS nissan frontier that was a gas guzzling pile of jizz!!!!!!!!

i like my chevy's hell my truck gets 6mpg better than the frontier :lol:
Funny you should mention the gas mileage of your truck. When me and C picked it up the guy had a Nissan Titan in the driveway. He was complaining that your truck, even with all of the mods, got better gas mileage than the Titan! I think if your truck was 4 wheel drive he would rather have it! :lol: :lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

If anything, ive noticed chevy intererior to be flimsy, and break alot. Nothing against chevy, as they are okay, I just think fords interior is superior, while chevy makes stronger motors for their cars.. As for ford having a lack of power vs toyota :lol: Every time I drive my moms camry, it makes me laugh. It has no guts what so ever. One of the most boring cars to drive. My car not only has been way more dependable, but rides far better, and as for interior has much better insides.. Also their 4 runner they used to have was pathetic asell, asfar as power was concerned, but to each his own.. Nothing against toyota though..
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Yep, the 4Runner that fuzzy owns has the 3.slow V6. I used to have a 2 door just like his but it was wayyyyy to under powered for me. I then moved up to the newer body style and it had a 3.4 V6 in it that did pretty good. Now they come with a 4.0 V6 (same as in the Tacoma and FJ Cruiser) and an optional V8. This engine is damn nice! Fuzzy's 3.slow V6 will do ok with some modding, but right out of the box is was not near enough power for me. :(

As far as comparing a Camry to your modded out Crown Vic (With a HO V8), well, might as well compare a Ford Pinto to a Toyota Supra!! :lol: :lol:
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

mr tibbs wrote:Yep, the 4Runner that fuzzy owns has the 3.slow V6. I used to have a 2 door just like his but it was wayyyyy to under powered for me. I then moved up to the newer body style and it had a 3.4 V6 in it that did pretty good. Now they come with a 4.0 V6 (same as in the Tacoma and FJ Cruiser) and an optional V8. This engine is damn nice! Fuzzy's 3.slow V6 will do ok with some modding, but right out of the box is was not near enough power for me. :(

As far as comparing a Camry to your modded out Crown Vic (With a HO V8), well, might as well compare a Ford Pinto to a Toyota Supra!! :lol: :lol:
the answer to all these issues is the same.

LT1 swap :beer:
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

nutxo wrote:
mr tibbs wrote:Yep, the 4Runner that fuzzy owns has the 3.slow V6. I used to have a 2 door just like his but it was wayyyyy to under powered for me. I then moved up to the newer body style and it had a 3.4 V6 in it that did pretty good. Now they come with a 4.0 V6 (same as in the Tacoma and FJ Cruiser) and an optional V8. This engine is damn nice! Fuzzy's 3.slow V6 will do ok with some modding, but right out of the box is was not near enough power for me. :(

2JZ-GTE swap :beer:
There, that's better! :wink: :lol: :lol:
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

mr tibbs wrote:
nutxo wrote:

2JZ-GTE swap :beer:
There, that's better! :wink: :lol: :lol:
Those are the ones that run on summers eve douche, right? 8)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Im not comparing it to when my car was modded. Modded or not, it runs circles around the camry, performance wise. Not even close. I hate driving that thing.. I need a car that has a little guts atleast :lol:
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

Mackenzie wrote:

Im not comparing it to when my car was modded. Modded or not, it runs circles around the camry, performance wise. Not even close. I hate driving that thing.. I need a car that has a little guts atleast :lol:
Yup. I love torque and the sound of a V8. Even when I had my 280 all I could think about was a small block swap.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Yeah, my 3.slow is underpowered, but hell has it always pulled my ass out of anything I've thrown at it in the dirt. Just the other day, I hauled a big ass Ford Bronco out of a mud pit, even with one of it's wheels seized and not even turning (it was dragging!).

I also have the 5spd so I can keep the RPMs up when I need power, the auto just makes it even slower. Also, the 4Lo is sweet for crawling and higher torque applications.

If I wanted a car with real acceleration, I wouldn't have bought the yota though.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

GO 2JZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT

Don't forget the ALMIGHTY RB26DETT.......... :shock: :twisted:

Or the STi monsters....... :twisted:

American cars just can't hang with foreign technology. What american are you getting for a base of $25K and a top of $30K.......... :?:

**Subaru Legacy GT Limited- http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp ... 5GTLIMITED

**Chevy Malibu- http://www.chevrolet.com/2008malibu/

**Ford ?????? The Lincoln MKZ- http://www.lincoln.com/mkz/home.asp

I'm liken the Subaru...........

I've always liked my Honda's though. Fun to drive, easy to maintain, tuneable, decsent milage and dependable.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
nutxo

Post by nutxo »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:GO 2JZ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT

Don't forget the ALMIGHTY RB26DETT.......... :shock: :twisted:

Or the STi monsters....... :twisted:

American cars just can't hang with foreign technology. What american are you getting for a base of $25K and a top of $30K.......... :?:

**Subaru Legacy GT Limited- http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp ... 5GTLIMITED

**Chevy Malibu- http://www.chevrolet.com/2008malibu/

**Ford ?????? The Lincoln MKZ- http://www.lincoln.com/mkz/home.asp

I'm liken the Subaru...........

I've always liked my Honda's though. Fun to drive, easy to maintain, tuneable, decsent milage and dependable.
Meh. Ill drive old technology. Im patriotic and support the american worker.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Yeah, my 3.slow is underpowered, but hell has it always pulled my ass out of anything I've thrown at it in the dirt. Just the other day, I hauled a big ass Ford Bronco out of a mud pit, even with one of it's wheels seized and not even turning (it was dragging!).

I also have the 5spd so I can keep the RPMs up when I need power, the auto just makes it even slower. Also, the 4Lo is sweet for crawling and higher torque applications.

If I wanted a car with real acceleration, I wouldn't have bought the yota though.
Yep, the 3.0 is definitely a low end pig! I did love to put it in 4Lo, it just seemed to have soooo much power! You should feel the 4Lo with the 4.0, I love it man!! :D
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wow, the website "blue oval news" has something GOOD to say about Ford? Color me shocked! The Ford logo on the graph really removes all thought of bias, doesn't it? I'm with rlockwood :lol:

Not that it really matters. There's barely such a thing as domestic and import anymore. There are only failing dinosaur companies, whose only target they can reach is manpower reduction, and cost cutting.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,339649,00.html
Nardelli said at the New York International Auto Show that Chrysler prepared for a downturn in U.S. sales this year with layoffs and cuts in manufacturing and inventory. Chrysler announced in November it plans to cut 12,000 jobs, including 2,000 salaried jobs, by the end of this year.

Chrysler Vice Chairman and President Tom LaSorda said Wednesday that the automaker is making good progress persuading its hourly workers to take buyouts despite the faltering economy.

"We've never missed a manpower reduction target," he said. GM and Ford are also offering buyouts to almost all of their U.S. hourly workers.

Nardelli said that in its planning, Chrysler did not assume the economy will recover in the second half of this year as many automakers have. He said he expects total U.S. sales of 15.5 million in 2008, which would be the lowest level in a decade.
Well, at least Chrysler is good at something :D
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mackenzie wrote:Im not comparing it to when my car was modded. Modded or not, it runs circles around the camry, performance wise. Not even close. I hate driving that thing.. I need a car that has a little guts atleast :lol:
Have you driven the new Camry yet? Car and Driver rated it #2 in their "Best performance between $20 and $25k" article last year:

9.) 2007 Pontiac G6 GT 3.9, 2007 Saturn Aura XR
8.) 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged
7.) 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
6.) 2007 Volkswagen GTI
5.) 2007 Saturn Ion Red Line
4.) 2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
3.) 2007 Mazdaspeed 3
2.) 2007 Toyota Camry V6
1.) 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX

It actually had the fastest 1/4 mile time (under 14.3), and only lost out compared to the WRX in handling.

Also, it's V6 has 270hp, compared to the 250hp V8 engine in the 2007 crown vic police interceptor (civilian version has 220-240) :roll:
kg1961
Got wood?

car

Post by kg1961 »

The wife wants a kid so she said I was able to buy one more new car. After about 6 weeks of trying new car I picked the E90 bmw 2007 328i.
I wanted a 4 door (family) but still fun to drive. I just sold my mini cooper 2003 it was the worest car I have ever heard of. The first year it was in the shop for 112 days. I have had this car now for 5 month and love every moment. The only thing is I live in canada and it 10-15 k more than the US. In every way it is a great driving machine
my wife has a mk4 VW golf 2001 its ok but has all the normal VW problems!!
Can't wait to install my stereo in it Frank amp in and Route 66 along with some other old school items!!!
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'm really concidering a 2002 WRX wagon myself. For the money it has to be the best car I've driven. A friend of mine has a black 02 with just a few minor mods(3" down pipe, 3" cat-back and sport tuning) and it pushes close to 350hp at the wheels. Gets good milage and is ALL-WHEEL DRIVE............... :shock: Anybody that has truely driven a WRX and I mean DRIVEN the car, can tell you that it out preforms just about everything in it's price range. The interior is well thoughtout and kleen. Sporty both inside and outside.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:I'm really concidering a 2002 WRX wagon myself. For the money it has to be the best car I've driven. A friend of mine has a black 02 with just a few minor mods(3" down pipe, 3" cat-back and sport tuning) and it pushes close to 350hp at the wheels. Gets good milage and is ALL-WHEEL DRIVE............... :shock: Anybody that has truely driven a WRX and I mean DRIVEN the car, can tell you that it out preforms just about everything in it's price range. The interior is well thoughtout and kleen. Sporty both inside and outside.
If you're worried about the boy racer image those cars carry, there's always the new Legacies as well. The 2.5GT's get the same turbo setup as the WRX, and the Spec B's get the same gear as the STI's. Couple that with a more adult appearance, and more room, and you've got a hell of a car.

Those WRX are nice cars though. They look so cute as they disappear in my rear view mirror :lol:
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

What are you driving Tom? There isn't much out there that can dust a WRX. Maybe some highend $45K BMW's.... If you put the $$$ difference into the WRX's engine/tranny there isn't ANYTHING that can hang. There is an STi that only has about $10K into the motor and smashes on Viper's and Corvett's........