Pics of my 04 Cobra that my system is going in...

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
STROKD

Pics of my 04 Cobra that my system is going in...

Post by STROKD »

I only have a few shots of it since I broke it in April and haven't had a chance to get more pics. I get it fixed Monday, and then its interior removal time! :wink:
And a shot of the radio install, at least I got that part done, it wasn't super easy to wire, esp with the DVD working while moving. :lol:
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Cool.

Whats the story with what look like cut slicks on the rear??
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I don't say this often... but holy shit, that's a nice Mustang!
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

andy600rr wrote:Cool.

Whats the story with what look like cut slicks on the rear??
They are 335 Hoosier Drag Radials... I am since taking them off, because they are the demise of my clutch. I was doing a burn out at the track back in April, only problem was my tires weren't turning, and my clutch was what smoked instead. :cry:

I towed her home, and its beein sitting in my driveway under a cover since. I have HREs for it that will be going on as soon as it comes back from the stereo shop for the box and amp design. Can't wait honestly! I haven't had a system in quite a while.

Stipud, thanks a million! I have a MUCH faster Mustang (about 1900 hp) but it's not finished yet, and not near as nice as this one, just about 3 x faster. :twisted: I had my FAS in this car until I removed it at Christmas for the roll cage and battery install in the trunk. I wanted to keep a system in it, but there is no room now unless I take the back seats out. Its going to be a Saturday night special now anyway, so I can do without tunes for a few hours a night. I'll have to just listen to the twin turbo 437" stroker motor instead. :D
Heres a couple pics of it:
Last edited by STROKD on Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

1900 HP...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PIX OR BAN!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta see that. Is it ready for street??? Cus you could grab a pink-slip or 2 real quik with that beasty....
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:1900 HP...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

PIX OR BAN!!!!!!!!!!

I gotta see that. Is it ready for street??? Cus you could grab a pink-slip or 2 real quik with that beasty....
I just posted a few pics, if you want more, I'll raid my friend's photos he took of it off my other site I frequent. Have about 20 pics. Didn't want to hore up a stereo site with car pics.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'm humbled by the shear awesomness of the power!!!!!!! She's a sweet ride dood.

NO BAN!!!!!!!!!
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

When one horribly fast car just isn't enough...

Holy shit man. Damn. :shock: :lol:

Post as many non-stereo pics as you like, this is the post your ride section after all ;)

And heck, I like cars better than car stereos anyways :lol:

I gotta ask though... what's with the tach on the hood?
Last edited by stipud on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Nice rides, I love the clean look of your Cobra. All that Ti gear in there is gonna be LOUD!

Are you from the Austin area?
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

stipud wrote:When one horribly fast car just isn't enough...

Holy shit man. Damn. :shock: :lol:

Post as many non-stereo pics as you like, this is the post your ride section after all ;)

And heck, I like cars better than car stereos anyways :lol:

I gotta ask though... what's with the tach on the hood?
Ha, Im new here, so I didn't want to step out of place. :lol:

The "tach" on the hood is a Fuel Pressure gauge... Tach is stock inside the car wired to a MSD so it's accurate. To be honest, the car made 900ish hp at the crank in those photos. It has a S/C on 14 psi and pump gas. I have since rebuilt and fully ported the heads, I am going form a 2 bolt 408 inch motor to a built 437 inch aluminum racing engine, twin 72 MM turbos, huge intercooler, and full cage, new interior panels and carpet. I was going to rebuild the 408, but found out it would not hold the power I wanted, so am starting over. The car is in Dallas, and I am in CA, so until I can take enough time off work to fly back and work on the car, it will sit there. The estimate of power is based off of my turbo specs. It could only make around 1500-1600, but My friend had a similar setup and was making 16XX at the wheels (same motor~larger single turbo), so I figure 1900 is about right. Either way it will be fast as hell. :lol:
Here's a couple videos of it in its element. :o
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9822843648
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0016421037
Here's pics of this years progress, turbo build and the cage/chute mount. You can see in the pics above there was no cage in it.
turbo install
As you can see, I have a lot of work ahead of me to re-wire the entire car... I just don't have time since I am living in CA, and when I do go to TX its to hang out with my g/f sho still lives there and friends. :(
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

AVICJR wrote:Nice rides, I love the clean look of your Cobra. All that Ti gear in there is gonna be LOUD!

Are you from the Austin area?
Dallas, I live in Nor Cali with my folks for now till I find another job in Dallas. Cobra is in Cali, 86 is in Dallas in storage. :cry:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

You race that thing on the road? Isn't 1500+HP going to be completely useless there? I guess you do run slicks as road tires... :lol:
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

stipud wrote:You race that thing on the road? Isn't 1500+HP going to be completely useless there? I guess you do run slicks as road tires... :lol:
I did, it was fine at 900... It will be adjustable, I have a boost controller that brings power in smooth and more each gear i go up to aid in traction... I prob wont be able to use more than about 1100 or so on street. :lol:
Slippin3

Post by Slippin3 »

Crazy! Nice work on the Fox! I live down the street from Da Silva racing. Not sure if you have heard of them... very big in the Mustang World :)
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

ah I love 03-04 cobras... Those are the best years besides 05-up. Whats the hp/tq on the 04, and take some pictures of the engine dammit. 8) Those things still sell for 30k..
STROKD

Post by STROKD »

Mackenzie wrote:ah I love 03-04 cobras... Those are the best years besides 05-up. Whats the hp/tq on the 04, and take some pictures of the engine dammit. 8) Those things still sell for 30k..
478/488 rw on 100 octane, 462/462 on 93... Only diff is about 3 degrees of timing across the board. Its fairly stock, just has a blower pulley, x pipe, cat back, and an air filter/MAF. It drives better than the few stock ones I drove, and it runs VERY hard... bout same as a new style Viper (not the 08+~those are DAMN fast) I beat a 06 Viper Coupe by 3 lengths from a 40-160 run on the highway. :wink:
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

AND.... the fastest ride goes to STROKD. damn i've always loved the SVT stangs. that was some nice video of the 86 as well. :shock:
TiEcs

Post by TiEcs »

OMG !!!!!!!!!
That's just awesome.
Those HRE"s are "bling, bling" 8) nice.
Grim0013

Post by Grim0013 »

Very nice......for a Mustang. ;) My natural enemy, me being a Grand National guy and all, hehe.
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
gfunk_nz

Post by gfunk_nz »

god damn, I want one, that's just nut's making a corvette look like it's going backwards!