300ce Brabus Edition

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
denim

300ce Brabus Edition

Post by denim »

I posted it up a few years ago on Sound Buggy, but stipud wants me to post it up here. It is a '93 model with the last large 24v DOHC straight 6 MB brought to the USA, in addition to a few custom bits I had to have made to adjust the camber from the Brabus suspension adjustments. From what I understand, it could be the only '93 monochrome 300ce Brabus on the east coast (most are west coast since Brabus is based out of SoCal). At the moment it has 170k on it, but you would never know it from the outside or even looking inside the motor. Stereo is in flux at the moment (only thing that will stay in it is the Eclipse 8053), and it needs a few little things like front wheel bearings and brake pads.

I had it in a number of car shows in 2004-2006, and it did fairly well in SLAP and a few others outside of a guy I came to be friends with who had spent crazy money on his M3 and I came in second to his heavily modified car a number of times. So at the moment with my recent job being a long commute into down town Baltimore, and gas prices being elevated, "the sled" sits under a cover 7 days a week at the moment. It is an outstanding highway flier because it just squats and glides, 110+mph is effortless. With the large rubber and low center of gravity, back country roads are very good in this car also, but when chasing something in the nature of an MR2 or S2000, the sheer weight starts to come into play. Ok enough yapping, here are a few shots:

Hope you like it.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Ah yes I remember this one. Very hot 8)
kg1961
Got wood?

car

Post by kg1961 »

very nice!!!
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
denim

Post by denim »

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention the beauty of this motor over the newer, more USA market friendly V-6's, is that it loves to rev, and when it gets above 6200 rpm, it is tail out silliness. And it has a very distinct old school german wail at WOT.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

Much love to the ol German beasts. so hot, yet subtle.

if i ever went down a non-bmw road, that would probably a serious contender.

on another note....when my car is turbo'ed, i'm buying the vanity plate "AMG LOL"
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

She's pretty............. :thumbs:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
denim

Post by denim »

Bfowler wrote:Much love to the ol German beasts. so hot, yet subtle.

if i ever went down a non-bmw road, that would probably a serious contender.

on another note....when my car is turbo'ed, i'm buying the vanity plate "AMG LOL"
My wifey has a 528i so I have experience both sides I guess. :)

Both cars are very very nice. I don't want this car pictured to become my daily driver when the ole' civic putters out on me, so I have started to search a little. Mostly manual C240's and 325i's (including 323i wagons). Just on Sunday I put about 4 hours into the paint through a number of rubbing compound layers and 2 applications of polish. I would like it back up to the condition I had it when I took it to car shows.
jonnyanalog

Post by jonnyanalog »

that's the era when mercs were solid as a rock not like todays cars.
I love yer car!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

jonnyanalog wrote:that's the era when mercs were solid as a rock not like todays cars.
I love yer car!!!
Fuck yeah. I've wanted a 190E Cosworth for sooooo long. Maybe I'll pick one up from the states ;)
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

stipud wrote:
jonnyanalog wrote:that's the era when mercs were solid as a rock not like todays cars.
I love yer car!!!
Fuck yeah. I've wanted a 190E Cosworth for sooooo long. Maybe I'll pick one up from the states ;)
Speaking of Cosworth... I've always lusted after the Cossie RS-500... too bad that ain't ever happening.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Bachwatz

Post by Bachwatz »

Hi,
the Mercedes w124-Modells are the greatest and finest from Mercedes!!!
Regards
Bachwatz
[u][b]Sell:[/b][/u]
Now on www.ebay.de, Itemnumber: 260421458293
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

There's just something about a straight 6 that I just love. I'm a Toyota guy so I have always lusted over a Supra with the twin turbo straight 6. My first rig was an old Toyota Landcruiser with the straight 6 and I loved the damn thing, sooooooo much torque!!

Damn nice car Denim, don't let that one go! :wink:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
denim

Post by denim »

I love yer car!!!
Thanks. It does not look like it has 174k on it.

No major failures or break downs. I do need new front wheel bearings, front rotors, pads all around, and a little electrical bug aboo fixed. But this thing has not been in the shop in 2 years.
denim

Post by denim »

stipud wrote:
I love yer car!!!
I kind of want an ole' 240D. But not sure the non-turbo 4 oil burner will have enough umph to get through Baltimore city traffic on a daily basis. :oops:
denim

Post by denim »

Bachwatz wrote:Hi,
the Mercedes w124-Modells are the greatest and finest from Mercedes!!!
Regards
I agree. Hence the reason my sister has one also. 300E.
denim

Post by denim »

mr tibbs wrote:There's just something about a straight 6 that I just love. I'm a Toyota guy so I have always lusted over a Supra with the twin turbo straight 6. My first rig was an old Toyota Landcruiser with the straight 6 and I loved the damn thing, sooooooo much torque!!

Damn nice car Denim, don't let that one go! :wink:
I had a buddy, fallen out of contact though, who had a Landcrusier. He bought the turbo and headers to semi convert it into the SupraCrusier.

Thanks for the kind words. The sweet part about my car is that it is the last, and the largest brought over to the USA that I know of, straight-6 they made. I should take the oil cap off and snap a picture to show out pristine the valves are still after all these miles and years.

The bad news is that the cover was just riped to bits last week during a wind storm, so now for the first time ever the car will be exposed to the elements. Might have to bite the bullet and buy a new one asap.
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

in the picture of your car at a show,
is the green car in the background a honda accord coupe?
denim

Post by denim »

harobkr90 wrote:in the picture of your car at a show,
is the green car in the background a honda accord coupe?
Not sure, it looks like a neon.

Side note, the sled is in the shop now getting brakes redone. Will feel strange driving this again on a daily basis.
8)
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

ok, just wondering, i've seen an accord coupe the same color.
i'm in eldersburg/sykesville.
thought it might be the same car.
denim

Post by denim »

harobkr90 wrote:ok, just wondering, i've seen an accord coupe the same color.
i'm in eldersburg/sykesville.
thought it might be the same car.
Very well could be. It was a show in OC in 2005.

Side note, as I type this cross-drilled rotors are going on the car, along with new pads and drive belt.