New 2010 Mustang revealed new power plants added

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

New 2010 Mustang revealed new power plants added

Post by Mackenzie »

Ok yes we know how shitty the american automakers are doing, but I thought I would post this anyways.

V6 Cov. with HIDS

Red GT

Center stack

4.6l V8

Sequential tail lights

Last edited by Mackenzie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I must say, I think it looks much better than the current one, and the interior is much improved.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNpw5QaQbsI

Discuss
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I likes dat.........

Not so hot on that blue but I'll be waiting to take a look for sure.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The interior is fucking awesome. The textured trim on the dash is actually soft (not hard GM plastic YAY!), and the dash is made of real aluminum. HUUUGE improvement over the last one in this department, and should be what really sets it apart from the Camaro.

As for the exterior, the GT really needs a meaner front bumper. In many pictures I have seen, the base model looks like the better car. Maybe I just need to see one in person. Otherwise they did a good job smoothing it out without losing the retro style.

Overall a very nice improvement. Now, if only they could class up Mustang drivers. :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

The back end is starting to look a bit like the G35, there.

It looks good but I feel it looks a little bit less aggressive than the current model, the front doesn't scream bad ass muscle at me. It definitely seems to be a good improvement overall as a car, though.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

everyone already knows what i would say on the subject so i will leave it alone :wink: i'm not their target demographic at all.

i think its a good improvement for the people they are wanting to buy it. (normal domestic buyers) i think it will compete much better with the camero/challenger then the current mustang. still have to see motor specs, and if they went away from a solid rear axil.

i dont think i will steal any market share from eruo/import buyers (370z, m3 type buyers) but i think it will compete will with other domestics.

end of the day though...sorry ford. even if that car was $10,000 i wouldn't buy it
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ofcourse it wont compete with 350 z owners, and ect. Its ment to compete with cars that are capable of actually going fast :lol: jk As for the motor specs, they are pretty much a carry over from the previous model. 315hp 325lb or torque. So It has a little power boost, but not much, but it is available with gearing up to 3.73, so its definately going to be a little faster. The new engines probably wont be available for a year or 2.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

lol, Horsepower: 332, torque: 270 lb-ft...out of A 3.7 V6...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Bfowler wrote:lol, Horsepower: 332, torque: 270 lb-ft...out of A 3.7 V6...
It was a joke, but you do realize, they have bigger power plants that go up to 600hp. So lets not get into a debate, nissan, and ford makes fast cars, the thing is though, american v8s have much more poential 8) Now back to the thread.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

ok...in the spirit of not derailing the thread :o
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Come on folwer. You got to admit, it doesnt look that bad. I like american muscle, but I will be the first to say when a car is ugly, or to point out problems. The one thing I dont like, is that they choose not to upgrade the power plans for 2010. For some reason they are delaying it for a year or so. From what I am hearing it should be about 5.0 liter v8 with 375 ish hp, and near 400lbs of torque for the gt base model.
OldSchoolFool

Post by OldSchoolFool »

The font on the dials is pure retro. My '68 had speedo display exactly like that, along with all the other classic styling. Ford is perfectly walking the line between old and new. Looks like a winning strategy, wish I knew where else that would work..... :roll:
drivingdadevil

Post by drivingdadevil »

I'm not much of a Ford fan but it does look nice. Now if they will hurry up and drop that underpowered base GT V8 for a turboed 6 it will be even better. :)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

drivingdadevil wrote:I'm not much of a Ford fan but it does look nice. Now if they will hurry up and drop that underpowered base GT V8 for a turboed 6 it will be even better. :)
Yes the base line gt is underpowered, but it wont be for to much longer. They have a 5.0 350ish-70ish hp v8, and also a turbo eco boost 6 coming. Although this will be interesting, I would take the 8 any day. You cant drive an american muscle car body, with a v6 under the hood. Or atleast I couldnt.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mackenzie wrote:Yes the base line gt is underpowered, but it wont be for to much longer. They have a 5.0 350ish-70ish hp v8, and also a turbo eco boost 6 coming. Although this will be interesting, I would take the 8 any day. You cant drive an american muscle car body, with a v6 under the hood. Or atleast I couldnt.
You still think those are coming, amidst this economic crisis? I sure hope so... they need it bad!
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:Yes the base line gt is underpowered, but it wont be for to much longer. They have a 5.0 350ish-70ish hp v8, and also a turbo eco boost 6 coming. Although this will be interesting, I would take the 8 any day. You cant drive an american muscle car body, with a v6 under the hood. Or atleast I couldnt.
You still think those are coming, amidst this economic crisis? I sure hope so... they need it bad!
I think so... I think it will get more sales with the powerful v6 option. Ford is loosing alot of money, but even if the gov didnt help them out, I think they would still be fine. Gm on the other hand, which is loosing billions every month wouldnt. Ford needs to put more powerful engine options in their base line models to keep up with the comp, so I think it will still come.
denim

Post by denim »

Thanks for posting pictures. I think the appearance is very nice, and I think the juiced up V6 will really help too.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/200 ... view_N.htm

Looks like ford is doing just fine..
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

decent looking car...I now its in a slightly different realm but my fav mustang to date is last years gt 500 gkr...definitely a tough looking car. and Im with you Mackenzie, I couldn't drive a stang with a V6, just aint right. Gotta stay with the american muscle V8. Can't beat 'em.
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Neat car but the thing I dislike about newer Mustangs is the low seat and high dash/hood blocks so much of your field of vision its a deal breaker for me. I'm not short either, 5'10".
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

btw heres a local rich guy and his gt

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

^^ Ah I love gts :shock:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:
8) 8) It is coming 2010
new Coyote V8

Earlier this week we reported word from our sources that in 2010 Ford will drop the current 2-valve 4.6-liter V-8 and 3-valve 4.6-liter and 5.4-liter V-8 engines for the F-150 and replace them with a new 5.0-liter V-8 that will also be shared with the new Mustang.

Well, we've just received spy photos from Brenda Priddy & Company that are reportedly of the new 5.0-liter V-8, code named "coyote", cradled in the engine bay of a Mustang test car. Brenda says the pictures were taken in a public place, so we're running them here.

Notable items: The coyote V-8 appears to have an aluminum intake manifold instead of composite like the current V-8 engines use. It's also said to have a lighter aluminum cylinder block instead of cast iron.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/01/sp ... -wolf.html

Last edited by Mackenzie on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

350+hp, hopefully more will be here by the end of the year.. Its bout dam time they dumped that weak 300hp. They have some strong powerplants in the better stangs, but the baseline gt needed this badly. Kudos to ford for this.
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

there might be hope for ford yet....

http://jalopnik.com/5147709/2010-ford-t ... er-awakens