08 Maxima

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
AVICJR
Team Coach

08 Maxima

Post by AVICJR »

Here is my new (to me) Maxima. I just had the windows tinted last Sat. AM then washed and took these pics. Next I'm thinking of changing the grill to the SL all chrome grill just so that it isn't all black.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i was thinking ALL black and NO chrome would look even more aweomse.

and it needs to be dropped bad!

6 speed?

sweet car!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Thanks. It's the 6 speed auto/manual transmission, if that makes any sense. It's automatic but I can slide the shifter over and it's a 6 speed manual.

I drive way too many miles to do that kind of stuff to it. I'm not really into the "murdered out" look anyways. I want to keep the exterior as stock as possible, but the stereo on the otherhand- I have an ARSENAL to fuck that up. :shock: :wink: :D

I was looking at this grill below.
Attachments
chromegrill.jpg
chromegrill.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 9849 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Looks nice as is. I can see the chrome grille working in Texas, but otherwise I'd say hell no :lol:
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

stipud wrote:I can see the chrome grille working in Texas
What you trying to say? :lol: :lol: I'm only wanting the top grill not that bottom piece. I want it to look a little different than the others out there.
Last edited by AVICJR on Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Won't 19's fit under that? Maybe 18's on 40 series sox........ If yer not gonna drop it down a couple inches, bigger wheels will make it look better. And the vinyl stickers that cover a portion of the top of the headlight might make a difference too.......

A black MS1K in the trunk is gonna match nicely..... :wink:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

AVICJR wrote:What you trying to say? :lol: :lol: I'm only wanting the top grill not that bottom piece. I want it to look a little different than the others out there.
Chrome on vehicles is to Texas, as Fried Chicken is to Kentucky :lol:
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:A black MS1K in the trunk is gonna match nicely..... :wink:
Dood I'm torn.... a one of kind Xenon or several Onyx amps would look just as killer!!!
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

stipud wrote:Chrome on vehicles is to Texas, as Fried Chicken is to Kentucky :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:And the vinyl stickers that cover a portion of the top of the headlight might make a difference too.......
I hate those!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
FuzzyHoNutz wrote:And the vinyl stickers that cover a portion of the top of the headlight might make a difference too.......
I hate those!
And I hate headlights that have all that useless chrome bullshit too. Maybe some aftermarket headlights that are blacked out except where it needs to be.......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
I hate those!
And I hate headlights that have all that useless chrome bullshit too. Maybe some aftermarket headlights that are blacked out except where it needs to be.......
I've seen some that have been cracked open, painted the chrome, and then resealed that look pretty damn sick. :wink:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
paulmichelsen

Post by paulmichelsen »

Murdered Out is the only way to roll. I would get a mesh grill powder coated black instead of the plastic, you could even put the Nissan emblem back but paint it black too. :D
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

I would def. keep the ride a tad more stealth... that grille shouts "HEY LOOK AT ME>>I GOT SOME NICE $%^& IN THE TRUNK... where as something custom but not so !BAM! would send more of a "DONT %^& WITH ME>" I have a friend with a very similar maxima thats dropped an inch and half on 20's...hot looking car for sure...and fast..!!
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

5.9-- Do you have any pics of his Maxima?

I'm keeping the exterior stock. If anything I may (big MAYBE) change out the rims and tires. You're absolutely right, I don't want to call any more attention to it.

I've had the car since November and it's been hit 3 times already and someone keyed it this past weekend. On New Years Day I was involved in a hit and run. The cops caught the 16 yo kid so it will be taken care of, but I'm thinking he was the one to key my car. Little Bastard!!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

AVICJR wrote:5.9-- Do you have any pics of his Maxima?

I'm keeping the exterior stock. If anything I may (big MAYBE) change out the rims and tires. You're absolutely right, I don't want to call any more attention to it.

I've had the car since November and it's been hit 3 times already and someone keyed it this past weekend. On New Years Day I was involved in a hit and run. The cops caught the 16 yo kid so it will be taken care of, but I'm thinking he was the one to key my car. Little Bastard!!
Hayzeus Christy dude! That is some nasty luck! Id sell it and move on :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Oh man that's fucked up. I don't think I could stop myself from strangling someone if I caught them messing with my car. Hell, you could kick me square in the nuts, and I would probably shrug it off. Just don't touch my damn car unless you have a death wish :lol:

I assume none of these were at-fault, and everything is getting repaired?
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

x2 Tom I would go to jail to stop someone fucking with my bmw
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

What the hell is up with people? Why must people be such fucking dicks all the time?

I think this dialog says it all:
Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some fucker did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: Fucking keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's fucked up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some dickless piece of shit fucked with it.
Lance: They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that asshole doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a fucker!
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

^ I agree 100000000000% Ive only got an 03 Pontiac Crapfire BUT ITS STILL MINE! Y ou fuck with it and your gonna be in a fucken body bag :evil: :evil: :evil:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

stipud wrote:I assume none of these were at-fault, and everything is getting repaired?
All three incidents were hit and runs.

1. The first week I had it some one hit it at a bar. Not bad but bad enough to have to repaint bumper.

2. The second had to have been at school. We had an elementary dance at school and I washed the car the next day, that's when I noticed it.

3. Third was New Years Day incident.

My dad owns a paint and body shop so I'll just put it in the shop and have them take care of it. I'm pissed, but what can you do? The damage is already done.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

AVICJR wrote:All three incidents were hit and runs.
More like hit with guns if you ever find the bastards :x
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Damn Mando, you have a body shop to play in......... I'd be getting myself an ol' skool if I had that. I know it's yer dad's shop but still......It's yer dad. I'd love to be able to do a restore build with my dad......
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:Damn Mando, you have a body shop to play in......... I'd be getting myself an ol' skool if I had that. I know it's yer dad's shop but still......It's yer dad. I'd love to be able to do a restore build with my dad......
Yea but my dad and I know nothing about paint and body work. My cousin runs the shop. My dad drinks beer there and occassionally sweeps the floor.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

on that car i would stay away from chrome.

black 19s with polished lip, pref a 5 spoke type of wheel with nice lip
3 inch drop but :roll: but a 2 would be nice
take the headlites out and black the housings, screw them eyelids covers
grille find a sports style grill or make one.

do a nice clean lip kit

black out rear tail lights and do some black tint

debadge the car and it will look clean.
yet not stock

haha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!