New camaro vid! Challenger, and stang aswell

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

New camaro vid! Challenger, and stang aswell

Post by Mackenzie »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as2erdrkQbI&feature=dir

And yet, the camaro still doesnt beat the mustang pathetic 300hp engine by much. :lol: Will be interesting to see these comparisons in 2011 when the stang gets the new power plants.. As for the challenger, its pretty pathetic. Imo, gm came out with this car to little, to late. Opinions?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

It´s easy to take the top of the line engine for the camaro and the smaller 5.7l Hemi for the challenger and tell people the camaro is faster!
:lol: :lol: :lol: What about taking the 6.1l Hemi and test it again :roll:

I´m pretty sure GM has thrown money into this to make people believe they are top of the hill!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

joerg wrote:It´s easy to take the top of the line engine for the camaro and the smaller 5.7l Hemi for the challenger and tell people the camaro is faster!
:lol: :lol: :lol: What about taking the 6.1l Hemi and test it again :roll:

I´m pretty sure GM has thrown money into this to make people believe they are top of the hill!
Well they are comparing price points I believe... The challenger is more expensive than the mustang gt, and the camaro. I am disapointed in the challenger though. The v6 camaro almost beats it..
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

personally I really like the looks of the challenger the most. I know a guy who has the srt 8 model with the 6.1 liter hemi and Im pretty confident that it would beat the camaro. I realize they probably tested price points, however, I think its a little more fair to take the best of each manufacturer and put 'em head to head.

If GM was hoping for the redesign to help their current $$ woes, I think they needed to release the vehicle at least a year ago, and even then, with the price tags these cars have, and the limited market who buy, and drive them, ( Iwould love a challenger but you can't fit kids and stuff in em!) . I don't see it helping them out much at all.

They're all nice looking cars for the most part.
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

IMO comparing price points in this type of market is pointless.

Can you imagine a GM guy buying a Mustang because he got more 'bank for his buck'......... I think not.

These cars sell into a market where the buyer has already made up thier mind what they are going to buy based on brand loyalty/heritage/cosmetics/bragging rights etc....
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Well in that case, ford beats them all.. the shelby will kill every car in this line up. Thats top dog, so its fair :lol: They lined the shelby up with the challenger srt8, and the challenger got whooped. The challenger still won though because it had a little better interior :roll: This was with the old shelby, with the new shelby, it will demolish it even worse...

The old shelby as it is now ran a 12.6, the challenger srt8 13.1, and the camaro, about the same time as the challenger. link

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/cou ... mance.html
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Now back to the challenger, its a bit late for it....
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Mackenzie wrote:Now back to the challenger, its a bit late for it....
I´m sure it is! It might be the last muscle car ever build :(
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

joerg wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:Now back to the challenger, its a bit late for it....
I´m sure it is! It might be the last muscle car ever build :(
I ment to say late for the camaro... Challenger was pretty late too though.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mac lives his life a quarter mile at a time.

If your title wasn't so perfect I would change it to "FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD FORD"

:lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Im open to other companies, aslong as its nice ricer, im good 8) Infact, if I were rich, probably the only ford car ide own would be a ford gt.. But stipud, facts are facts, the challenger is a slow pig for what it is...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

A very sexy pig no less... easily the best looking of the three. And that means more than 1/4 times to most people ;)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:A very sexy pig no less... easily the best looking of the three. And that means more than 1/4 times to most people ;)
It does look nice, but this is american muscle.. Last time I checked, that had to do more with power, and speed rather than looks... Also considering it cost more than the rest, and doesnt handle as good as the rest either pretty much makes it worthless? Hence chrysler does not have the best rep on drivetrain...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mackenzie wrote:
stipud wrote:A very sexy pig no less... easily the best looking of the three. And that means more than 1/4 times to most people ;)
It does look nice, but this is american muscle.. Last time I checked, that had to do more with power, and speed rather than looks... Also considering it cost more than the rest, and doesnt handle as good as the rest either pretty much makes it worthless? Hence chrysler does not have the best rep on drivetrain...
The problem with your reasoning is that the people who buy these nouveau-muscle cars are image conscious douchebags for the most part. They buy the cars to "reel in the pussy" -- performance is an afterthought. Also, more expensive = more prestigious. The rich smarmy assholes will feel better about themselves just because they bought the most expensive car.

And as Andy said, there's also the die-hards who would only buy one brand anyways, regardless of how they performed. You can always tune one to be faster than the other, for little money compared to the original purchase price.

All the internet fanboys will be up in arms about performance, but when it comes down to it, there are way more factors that would decide which car to buy.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I suppose so... Its still big and slow though :lol: The car is bigger than my crownvic, and outweighs it by about 400+lbs or so :lol:

sharp looking car though, ide drive it. Aslong as it came with a mullet though.
Stryker

Post by Stryker »

top of the line shelby mustang KR is the fastest. best looking IMHO. blue with stripes.
screw car audio, I'd rather go fast....errr, wait a minute.