anyone have a electric golf cart motor they dont want?

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
wash with gasoline

anyone have a electric golf cart motor they dont want?

Post by wash with gasoline »

hello, im building a rolling ice chest kind of thing for burning man and i need a motor for it. ive been looking on craigslist and figured i mite as well ask here. i have the wheels and front end sorted out so far, dont want to start on the rear till i have a power plant ...do you call an electric motor a power plant?
dry with match
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

I call it an electric motor :)

sounds interesting. PICS!

Bret
paulmichelsen

Post by paulmichelsen »

Why use an electric motor? I would go with like a 5hp briggs or something. Varying the speed will be a lot easier, and you don't need to find a place for all of those batteries.

And I call them an electric motor as well.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Take a chainsaw! 8) Very easy to implement and u´re ready to go! 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Burning man???

Awesome. 8)
wash with gasoline

cant use gas, has to be a "bicycle" going to put pedals on it as well. think i found one today, $150 for a juncked golfcart with good electrical system. has a variable voltage motor. going to go check it out as soon as i have a chance. ...burning man is a blast, week long 24 hour a day party. will post pics of this thing when i have something to post, still in the parts scrounging stage
dry with match
5.9Limited

Post by 5.9Limited »

too bad you can't use gas...I've gota vintage Harley davidson 3 wheeled golf cart in my back yard... it looks rough but with a new batt, and wiring the thing runs...needs tires which is why its not in use... pretty funky/cool cart though...
Is this where Im supposed to write something catchy??
wash with gasoline

went an checked out the carts today, the guy had 2 old ones with the motor controllers that are just a heating coil that uses full power all the time for 150 each. he also had a curtis pmc controlled one for 300. im thinking im going to get the newer one, but batterys are MONEY. 6 6v batterys in factory form at around 140 apiece :? im thinking i can probly get away with useing 3 12v with a stripped down frame an not running it full power. going to do some math tomorrow an try an figure out how long they will last. ...anyone have a hookup for deep cycle batts?
dry with match
freshkryp69

Post by freshkryp69 »

burning man..one of the nations biggest music festivals... 8) ..god I wish I could go!!!
GX3

Post by GX3 »

wash with gasoline wrote:went an checked out the carts today, the guy had 2 old ones with the motor controllers that are just a heating coil that uses full power all the time for 150 each. he also had a curtis pmc controlled one for 300. im thinking im going to get the newer one, but batterys are MONEY. 6 6v batterys in factory form at around 140 apiece :? im thinking i can probly get away with useing 3 12v with a stripped down frame an not running it full power. going to do some math tomorrow an try an figure out how long they will last. ...anyone have a hookup for deep cycle batts?

What’s your location? I have 5 or 6 I don’t need all of them. They are for industrial power supply back up or solar use. But heavy as F***.
GX3

Post by GX3 »

I have 3 Alpha cells (new) and 2 maybe 3 MK (new) I need to get a good charge into them.

I think its the 165GXL
http://www.alpha.com/Products/Alphacon/ ... Batteries/

Dont remember what one of the MKs i have Ill look once i get home
http://www.mkbattery.com/broadbandcatv_products.php
wash with gasoline

im in la. area code 91604 i dont know that much about battery technology but i think the gel cells dont like abuse, fast charge- fast discharge makes bubbles in it an ruins them? i picked up a 1hp 12v 80amp motor with a gear reduction on it at apex electronics http://www.apexelectronic.com/ ...fing amazing place, i was to overwelmed to think for the first 1/2 hour i was there. if the mks you have are the glass matt ones that would be great if not i would deff be interested anyway. what do you want for a few?
dry with match
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Make me an offer .........shipping is going to be hell .

I know i have two i will check the type tomorrow
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Ok i have 2 of the MKs and they are the E27 SLD G (not the glass matt).... so let me know
wash with gasoline

something tells me shipping is not going to be cheap on 120 pounds of batterys. looks like to buy them online is around 220 each with free shipping. dont know what you have into them, or want to get out of them. im deff interested ...and broke this week :? when i get some money to bargain with i will get back at you. thanks for checking them out for me
dry with match
GX3

Post by GX3 »

They will be here .... No rush ..... Take care of the shipping and like 30-35 da and they are yours. I got them for a solar project that the township killed on me due to some dumb ass people I live by. So they sit... My zip is 48843 .... Will USPS ship some thing like this ?
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3