Winter 08-09

Like snapping pictures? Amateurs, hobbyists and professionals all enthusastically supported!
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Winter 08-09

Post by bretti_kivi »

something we've done over the last few years on another forum: the winter thread.

Moans about the weather, pics, competitions as to who has the coldest... this kind of thing.

so, go on. whadcha got? I have these from today:

and from this evening, after 10 miles of lanes (40-50mph ;))

looking forward to it?

Bret
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

We have only had a trace of snow here so far, but I'm afraid it's going to be a hard winter. But at the same time I have a feeling it's going to be late. We had a VERY late summer here, spring just would not let go. We had snow all the way into May! :shock:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Winter in Vancouver is pretty much rain and gloomy skys and between 0-10C all the time. I believe it snowed three times here last winter and it almost always was all gone within 24 hours.... Calgary, my previous home on the other hand...
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Shut up Ryan. Just shut up. :x
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

oooh, he's touchy this morning ;) :violin: :-#
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

The one thing I really used to enjoy about deep winter cold was how if you bundled up correctly, you could go out and venture around without seeing ANYONE. I used to trek around at night in full snowboard gear in my little community, it was really peaceful.

I used to find a snow bank, dig a shelter into it and :bong: My friend Hank and I even built quincies to :bong: in.

That was the shit.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

Mm winter, can't wait to go through this against. LOL. We've had a light snow and its mostly melted away. The temp is hovering around the freezing mark during the day so the next snowfall may be the one that sticks. 6 more months until I can run at the track again....
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

help help, it's eating my car! ;) :-s

5 degrees forecast for Thursday. That's going to be fun... NOT!
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

What the hell is that white stuff on your cars?
Boomshackalacka
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

those of us who live in a climate with variation understand it as being precipitation - like rain - but without being wet.

Strange, I know, but it's a wonderful world.

For some of us, the difference between summer and winter isn't between 70F and 100F, but between 0F and 80F. Consider it "dynamic range" :lol:

The kids love it....

Me-262: isn't that a forester?

Bret
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Francious70 wrote:What the hell is that white stuff on your cars?
It's Finland... so probably copious amounts of Forest Troll sperm. Those mischievous bastards...

Haha... our weather will sometimes go from 0F to 80F and back, within a day or two. Our winters are very strange, but I can't say I don't like the warm "chinook" days; it's certainly a nice change of pace from the otherwise brutally cold winter. So cold, in fact, that it doesn't snow very much at all until late March or early April.

No, we get just enough snow that it picks up all the dirt and salt on the road, and sprays it all over your car and everything in its vicinity. If I could explain Calgary winters to a foreigner, it would probably be something along the lines of "diarrhea slurpee". That stuff sprays everywhere within 5 meters of the road, so you have a beautiful dull brown splatter over all the dull grey buildings this wonderful city has to offer. Winters here are great :roll:
Last edited by stipud on Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

bretti_kivi wrote:those of us who live in a climate with variation understand it as being precipitation - like rain - but without being wet.

Strange, I know, but it's a wonderful world.

For some of us, the difference between summer and winter isn't between 70F and 100F, but between 0F and 80F. Consider it "dynamic range" :lol:

The kids love it....

Me-262: isn't that a forester?

Bret
LOL. I would like to live somewhere that never changes past 60-100 degrees just for one year. Must be odd not seeing the seasons change. We're heading for a huge dump over the next couple of days. The snow cometh again for another winter.

Yes, and a purty blue one at that

Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

@ 2" the city of Portland shuts down....... Hell, the threat of snow sends people around here into a panic. Personally I love the snow. But I don't have any problems getting around in it either.

It's cool for a few days here and there but I'm glad it goes away.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

And what is this 'SNOW' that you all talk about??? :lol:

I'd love to go somewhere for a 'White Winter' but I think I'd do it once and then never want to do it again. No snow to be had down here in Australia unless you head to the skifields and even then half of the shitty cover we get is man made crap.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Believe it or not it was actually snowing here on Friday. Granted, it was just enough to be seen in the air, but snow is snow damnit.
Boomshackalacka
denim

Post by denim »

Not this winter, but one a number of years back in the '97 Mountaineer.

And my old truck is under there somewhere....