Sneak Peek

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I like it! And I am glad to see clip lights coming back!
bruther

Post by bruther »

I think it looks great...the only thing I would change is to have the speaker terminals at the opposite side of the power/ground terminals....so it looks more balanced. Otherwise, sign me up for a couple.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys,

For Ti series we wanted a clean, understated design that is a blend of original M/Ti series but with 2010 look.

We will get some better pictures up shortly that do a it a little better justice.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
todd217

Post by todd217 »

MW3 wrote:Guys,

For Ti series we wanted a clean, understated design that is a blend of original M/Ti series but with 2010 look.

We will get some better pictures up shortly that do a it a little better justice.
i can understand that but the m/zx/ti were all had pretty much unique cosmetics. after you saw one you knew what you were looking at from that day. i guess what im trying to say is if you covered up the leds with a piece of tape would you know its a PG after seeing it one time.
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

todd217 wrote:

i can understand that but the m/zx/ti were all had pretty much unique cosmetics. after you saw one you knew what you were looking at from that day. i guess what im trying to say is if you covered up the leds with a piece of tape would you know its a PG after seeing it one time.
I hear what you are saying but that knifes cuts both ways. Some people can't stand the unique look of Tantrum, RSD or Xenon. I was involved in those projects (among others), so I have plenty of experience with feedback on cosmetics, good and bad. ;)

Cosmetics are subjective but important. One guy's clean is another guy's boring. Case in point the MS series, some love the old battle axe look while others think its a boring boat anchor. But there is no dispute the amplifiers perform, that is what we are focused on.

For the Ti series, we wanted a clean look that focuses on the electrical package. The more expensive cosmetic parts we hang off the amp, the less money we can spend on electrical at the same price point.
Last edited by MW3 on Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

vladthebad wrote:Replace the curve on the front edge with an angle...... and it could have matched fairly nicely with the old Ti series with just a different anodizing option....

Whats the circuit board on that bad boy look like?

Any chance we can see it sitting next to a Ti500.4 or a Ti800.1 or a Ti1000.2 or something for size comparison?
Ti1500.1/Ti600.4 is almost same size as original Ti500.4/Ti600.2.

Ti2500.1/Ti800.4 adds a few inches.

I will post up exact sizes in a bit.
Morgan West
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Damn this amp sounds like it has pretty much everything I could have asked for, and then some. Thank you Morgan and AAMP! I haven't been this excited about car audio in years. Now if the components and sub are even half as good I will definitely consider changing out my install!

One important question for me would be how do they perform mounted upside down? Where is all the heatsink mass located?
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

Absolutely! old Linear power amps were "understated/boring" to look at just like old MS series amps... "understated/boring", but I would run them right now because they were so good.

heck, look at Lunar amps... they look like hell (IMO) but they are widely regraded as high quality, high SQ amps... I am betting they arent purchased because of their looks, but because of how they perform.

PG needs understated and over-performing amps (well, everything really) to take back their place in the car audio world.

my question is, are you going to do custom colors for customers? I can see replacing the amps in my wife's car with a single 4-channel - if I can get it color matched that would seal the deal for her.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I am seriously interested in what I see so far can't wait to see something in person.
kg1961
Got wood?

nnn

Post by kg1961 »

gridracer wrote:I am seriously interested in what I see so far can't wait to see something in person.
x2 cash in hand let hope they are GGGGREAT
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Dare I ask the MSRP on "The One" and how can i buy one if there isn't a dealer in my State :( :( :(
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

any new pics for the new year Morgan???????????
2020 honda accord sport
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

GX3 wrote:Dare I ask the MSRP on "The One" and how can i buy one if there isn't a dealer in my State :( :( :(
If you don't have a dealer in your whole state......MOVE!! :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

old school do you?
i don't think anyone in alberta sells pg?
2020 honda accord sport
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

AAMP has a whole network of dealers that they are going to leverage to sell PG products. By my best guess, PG will be available in a lot more brick and mortar stores with AAMP than under Rodin.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:AAMP has a whole network of dealers that they are going to leverage to sell PG products. By my best guess, PG will be available in a lot more brick and mortar stores with AAMP than under Rodin.
I think this shouldn´t be a problem as long as they keep the high level line out of those stores. Focal did the very same thing here in europe and it didn´t hurt them!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Happy new year guys...

I will post up some goodies tomorrow.
Morgan West
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Attached is a pic of the entry line 10" woofer.

Morgan West
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

Thats a good looking sub.
Can we get some specs for it?
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Sun looks good for an entry level.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Re: item

kg1961 wrote:old school do you?
i don't think anyone in alberta sells pg?
There is a shop about 45 mins from me in Langley, that I know for sure sells PG. The shop in town here is run by a guy I used to compete against, Im sure I can persuade him once all the new gear is unveiled laater this month at CES, to sell PG, he sells Hertz, Audison, JL Audio, and some lower end stuff. I was just in there on Boxing day and hes not happy with JL's high prices,so......... :hmm: :)

Im not sure about any shops in Van I haven't checked the city out in awhile, Ryan and Tom might know as they live out there.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
SLICK

Post by SLICK »

audiophyle_247 wrote:Thats a good looking sub.
Can we get some specs for it?
Our Rides :
2008 Ford EdGe Limited , Blazin Copper
2004 Ford SVT Lightning , Dark Shadow Grey 5.4L Eaton Supercharged . Powered By Memphis .
2003 Dodge Ram - Stock Stereo , Added Memphis sub and Amp
1997 Dodge Ram - Kenwood / Soundstream / Eclipse / Memphis / Rockford Fosgate / PG

My PG collection : For Sale.
Dirtyred

Post by Dirtyred »

good looking sub. gimme more please.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

MORGAN very nice teasser
all of us need to see the top of the line items
im sure 99% of us all want to see the ti items as that is were we will spend our money....
2020 honda accord sport
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

that is a very skookum driver to be just an entry level. Im stoked!!!!!!!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!