Greetings from the new home of Phoenix Gold, AAMP of America

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
AAMP217

Greetings from the new home of Phoenix Gold, AAMP of America

Post by AAMP217 »

Greetings and salutations,

My name is Zak Davis and I am in the sales department for AAMP of America, the new home of Phoenix Gold mobile. Over the coming months you will begin to see a rebirth of Phoenix Gold, bringing this brand back to the promience it saw when car audio was booming. Please feel free to send me any questions, comments or concerns and I will do my best to answer any of them. I am not saying that I always can answer the questions but you will at least get a response from me. Thank you for your continue support of Phoenix Gold and I think everyone will be pleasntly surprised with the new Phoenix Gold mobile division.
phoenixgold79

Post by phoenixgold79 »

good to hear that!

i hope the phoenix arise at the old fast!!!

hail to the rebirth !
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Nice to hear from you, Zak. Thanks for joining the community and keeping us posted!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Nice to hear from you, Zak. Thanks for joining the community and keeping us posted!
To be honest, I am glad I found you guys!
phoenixgold79

Post by phoenixgold79 »

AAMP217 wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:Nice to hear from you, Zak. Thanks for joining the community and keeping us posted!
To be honest, I am glad I found you guys!
i hope this forum can start with you a sort of cooperation to have "better matches" with PG fans all over the world
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Welcome to the phorum! :clap: :clap: :clap: Good to see the new owners show up in here! This for sure is a great place to get some great ideas! Keep us posted what´s going on with phoenix gold. We are very thankfull for every kind of information 8)
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
bogart

Post by bogart »

Welcome!!!! Hey...are us locals going to get to meet you at the friends and family sale next weekend? looking forward to it!!!!!! I wondered about the aamp handle in my install thread....makes sense now :D :D :D
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

bogart wrote:Welcome!!!! Hey...are us locals going to get to meet you at the friends and family sale next weekend? looking forward to it!!!!!! I wondered about the aamp handle in my install thread....makes sense now :D :D :D
Hi Bogart,
AAMP of America is based out of Clearwater, FL and we have warehouses in Missouri, Nevada and Santa Ana, CA. I am sure that the new AAMP of America employees in the Phoenix Gold mobile division will be there but I will not be there. I will certainly try and find out some more information to wheter or not the mobile division is included in this sale or if it is Rodin home division only (because mobile and home are now seperate).
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

thanks for coming by! i at least (dont want to speak for others) am excited about this. you are already taking a more proactive the rodin did! i will miss the days of driving over, touring the factory and picking up gear. but this was necessary

is aamp creating ALL new product, or just expanding on the lines (would more rsdc subs be produced for example?)

will there be an authorized online retailer?
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Bfowler wrote:thanks for coming by! i at least (dont want to speak for others) am excited about this. you are already taking a more proactive the rodin did! i will miss the days of driving over, touring the factory and picking up gear. but this was necessary

is aamp creating ALL new product, or just expanding on the lines (would more rsdc subs be produced for example?)

will there be an authorized online retailer?
We are currently still selling the Ryval and Rsd products through our (AAMP of America's) exisiting dealer network. Once that product has been sold there will be a release of a new line of Phoenix Gold products that are reminiscent of the previous products. There will be more informaiton of the new product line up around CES (early January).

To be honest the complete internet picture is not clear at this time. I do know that initally Phoenix Gold will be sold through authorized brick and mortar retailers, like the orginal line was.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

gotcha. the achillies heel of old PG was allowing online dealers to whore their product at <%5 margin. which led to B&M dealers dropping the line as they coulnt make money on it. which led to the name being stomped in the mud. their would be great demand for an online source, especially in canada. but you would need to make sure they adhere to MAP pricing. just our observations over the years here.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

WELCOME!!!! I sent you an email a month or 2 ago about stopping by here. Glad ya finally made it. Can't wait to see what's new and cool.

You have PM.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Bfowler wrote:gotcha. the achillies heel of old PG was allowing online dealers to whore their product at <%5 margin. which led to B&M dealers dropping the line as they coulnt make money on it. which led to the name being stomped in the mud. their would be great demand for an online source, especially in canada. but you would need to make sure they adhere to MAP pricing. just our observations over the years here.
Thank you for the input and we are doing what we can with the existing line to create a better MAP pricing situation. My observation as a car audio enthusaist is that their named has not been through the ringer as some of my other old favorite amp and speaker lines thus we have a solid chance at rebuilding it.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

To do list:

1) Create an official PG forum, or make this the official forum with a link from the PG web site (there are 1,000s of people who are into PG but don't know this forum exists, or any forum for that matter.)

2) Redo the webfaq from the ground up. An informative and photo rich page on every product PG has had will keep the old school people supported and draw in new people inspired by one of the richest histories in a car audio company.

3) Build some products that don't suck. (I am not saying the current products do, just the next gen better not)
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

Eric D wrote:To do list:

1) Create an official PG forum, or make this the official forum with a link from the PG web site (there are 1,000s of people who are into PG but don't know this forum exists, or any forum for that matter.)

2) Redo the webfaq from the ground up. An informative and photo rich page on every product PG has had will keep the old school people supported and draw in new people inspired by one of the richest histories in a car audio company.

3) Build some products that don't suck. (I am not saying the current products do, just the next gen better not)

Thank you for your input and I will pass this into the appropriate channels. Please take a look around http://www.aampofamerica.com to get an idea of what we currently are doing and what to expect from new Phoenix Gold web resources. I wish I had more informaiton for you at the moment but the one thing I can say is that we are going to try and realign Phoenix Gold with the current market and the values that made Phoenix Gold a household name in car audio.
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Wow, thanks for the link. I did not realize you guys had so many brands.

I am sure plenty of people would disagree with me, but based on the brands AAMP has, I think dropping all PG accessories (wire, signal cables, power, etc) makes sense. It has been years since PG had any really cool accessories so focusing on better amps and speakers makes more sense to me.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hey Zak, welcome to the Phorum. Nice to meet you. I'm Tom... I run this forum, and I was a moderator back on the original PG forum as well.

As you can tell, we've got a very tight knit community here. What other car audio brands do you know that have free, fan-run tech support forums? Eric D also ran the previous forum, and he and Bfowler have been active with the PG community for even longer than I have. You are very lucky to have guys like these, and the numerous others who have been with us for 5-10 years, supporting you!

If you are looking for product suggestions, we had a recent brainstorming thread with Morgan West that should be of pertinent interest to you:
http://phoenixphorum.com/phoenix-gold-u ... 11554.html
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

stipud wrote:Hey Zak, welcome to the Phorum. Nice to meet you. I'm Tom... I run this forum, and I was a moderator back on the original PG forum as well.

As you can tell, we've got a very tight knit community here. What other car audio brands do you know that have free, fan-run tech support forums? Eric D also ran the previous forum, and he and Bfowler have been active with the PG community for even longer than I have. You are very lucky to have guys like these, and the numerous others who have been with us for 5-10 years, supporting you!

If you are looking for product suggestions, we had a recent brainstorming thread with Morgan West that should be of pertinent interest to you:
http://phoenixphorum.com/phoenix-gold-u ... 11554.html
If Morgan is involved than I feel very comfortable in saying that it will be taken care of. He is still on board with us in making this a successful venture.
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

I just second what Eric just listed.

Welcome to this forum, and thanks for signing up in here... I am looking forward to see what you guys will come up with...
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

My warm/hearty welcome to you as well Zak-
Thanks for signing up and being apart of the "community", like someone mentioned above- it is already showing signs of some positive changes already taking place.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
christian@aamp

Post by christian@aamp »

hey guys, zak told me that he happened upon your forum and signed up so i thought i would to. It's good to see that there is such a following for Phoenix Gold! This should be a good outlet for us to get a feel for the best direction we should go with the new line as well as products to come. Like zak said, I'm here as well to do my best to answer any questions and also to forward your ideas to the proper channels.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Welcome to the Phorum Christian ;)

Please make yourselves at home. We're a pretty laid back group, so feel free to tell us about yourselves, your installs, hobbies, etc. This forum is a great time waster for a variety of topics :lol:

So I have a pitch for you AAMP guys (actually it was Eric's idea): I would like to make a separate area of the forum specifically regarding the new ownership, and for brainstorming new product ideas, new releases, etc.

What do you think about this?
What would you like to see?
What kinds of questions would you like answered?

I look forward to working together with you all in the future.
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

OHHH YESSS! This is great! AAMP already flooding our phorum! Good news! I am so glad that CES is just around the corner. But the bad thing is I am going to have to tell my parents to wait on my christmas and bday (dec 27th is my b day) as to get the new stuff that is going to come out! Oh well I can't wait to get my hands on the new product. I am very excited and also if it is the shit I work for a high retail outlet and will let all of my friends know about it. It is time for a new car audio king to be born aka aamp bringing out phoenix gold!
Kenwood Excelon x592
x200.4(in process of repair OMFG YES)
rsd65cs front
rsd65cs rear
x1200.1
2 rsdc124
using zx350 until repair of x200.4
christian@aamp

Post by christian@aamp »

stipud wrote:Welcome to the Phorum Christian ;)

Please make yourselves at home. We're a pretty laid back group, so feel free to tell us about yourselves, your installs, hobbies, etc. This forum is a great time waster for a variety of topics :lol:

So I have a pitch for you AAMP guys (actually it was Eric's idea): I would like to make a separate area of the forum specifically regarding the new ownership, and for brainstorming new product ideas, new releases, etc.

What do you think about this?
What would you like to see?
What kinds of questions would you like answered?

I look forward to working together with you all in the future.
yeah i hear that about the time waster. finally i have a forum i can "waste" company time on without getting in trouble :lol:

i dont think you need to go through all that trouble just for us...unless you wanted to. either way, i think its a good idea to have some sort of thread at least so we can get ideas from and bounce ours off of the people who matter...YOU GUYS!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

christian@aamp wrote:i hear that about the time waster. finally i have a forum i can "waste" company time on without getting in trouble :lol:

i dont think you need to go through all that trouble just for us...unless you wanted to. either way, i think its a good idea to have some sort of thread at least so we can get ideas from and bounce ours off of the people who matter...YOU GUYS!
It's no trouble... hell it's already done! :lol:

I've put it at the top of the forum for now. That should drive some more traffic there, though it has been relatively slow here lately. Perhaps after we determine the structure this forum will need, I can mass-email a lot of the "retired" regular members to see if they want to join in the fun.