Greetings from the new home of Phoenix Gold, AAMP of America

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Welcome, you keep saying wait until CES so me being in Vegas I may try to score some tickets to check it out. Have to see if the network is still active.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

its james now since the germans got him.

Kinda ironic him harping on foreign made stuff when all he will work on is an import? He thinks a mustang or a camaro in the bay will taint it with cooties er something:)

I think you should personally aim to turn him back to the darkside. If you can turn him then everyone else should be easy.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

ttocs wrote:its james now since the germans got him.

Kinda ironic him harping on foreign made stuff when all he will work on is an import? He thinks a mustang or a camaro in the bay will taint it with cooties er something:)

I think you should personally aim to turn him back to the darkside. If you can turn him then everyone else should be easy.
LOL,

first and foremost, if anyone can build an amp or speakers better than Audison or Hertz they win.. i am not talking about a onesie twosie type of product, I am talking the whole damn product line... phenomenal is all I can say.

as for the Germans, I am sorry, but once you see how these cars are built and put together, your perception would change also. everything is purpose built with no room for skimping, over built also. technologically more advanced when compared to the Asian or domestic market. sure some electronics come out of China, but the quality of the vehicles is freaking superior.

Chrysler did well there for a while, but obviously they were just milking Daimler, who paid a lot of money to shed Chrysler.

Quality... quality...quality.... and 99% of the client base is professionals. MB focuses on a market and markets to them, there is bleed over that allows them to market to other area's but they do it capitalizing on the main market.

what will be PG's new focus? kiddies? professionals? sound quality? SPL? hack shops? internet? with multiple mono block amps already in the works... I can guess....

I will go hug my audison amps and hump the mille woofer.... EM FTW since PG died.........
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

James, you have to admit though, you were pushing Rockford just a few years back, and other than good reliability they are just another "me too" product. Poor features, power, fit and finish.
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

if you really want to see the standard of comps in the EU, get yourselves over and check out an EMMA comp or two. I will try and find the vid from last year's finals, I think you might be surprised just how high the standard is.

Bret
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

bretti_kivi wrote:if you really want to see the standard of comps in the EU, get yourselves over and check out an EMMA comp or two. I will try and find the vid from last year's finals, I think you might be surprised just how high the standard is.

Bret
Having long listening periods in several IASCA and EMMA trophy cars, it's definitely a completely different world.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

Bret,

The standards you guys have over there are very high equipment wise. However I have seen some stupid installs, especially from the master Audison dealers which is a damn shame.

I believe the European market is geared toward sonic excellence, the Asians on gimmick features of electronics, and then the USA which has a chop shop every other corner and no standards.
James Shields

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Guys go easy on Jim. He is a good guy and means well.

Lately, he also has to put up with watching the Cavs and Browns play on a regular basis. That just makes things worse :doh:
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
denim

Post by denim »

nico boom wrote:
denim wrote:Good to see you Zac, you found the purest and truest, English speaking PG fans. And if you decide you need an online dealer that is a stickler for selling at MAP pricing, please shoot me a PM or email. :D
ONLY THE ENGLISH SPEAKING???? :lol:
Welcome here, and I just can't believe my eyes reading all this. :shock:
So we're about to witness a big change........ :hmm:
You are speaking English right there. ;)
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

MW3 wrote:Guys go easy on Jim. He is a good guy and means well.

Lately, he also has to put up with watching the Cavs and Browns play on a regular basis. That just makes things worse :doh:
I can take it especially if I dish it out ;)

and the Browns... What a bunch of LOSERS! I gave up on them... Cavs look better.
James Shields

bruther

Post by bruther »

jbondox wrote:
MW3 wrote:Guys go easy on Jim. He is a good guy and means well.

I can take it especially if I dish it out ;)

and the Browns... What a bunch of LOSERS! I gave up on them... Cavs look better.
Never give up on the Browns..... I don't care how bad they get.
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

I'd give up on the Browns especially with ManJudas coaching the team.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

im a pyscho!!!

welcome and yeah i been AWOL for ever, lucky im not still in the army, i would be a deserter.

i plan on being here more often since i may have more time now.

glad to see AAMPS is trying to make it work, good job to u all.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

holy crap.....I stay away a while and missed this excellent news....

this is awesome
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo
mudder

Post by mudder »

ZTwenty8SSR wrote:There is 1 really big thing I would really like to see

Phoenix gold products not made in china it is time to get back to made in USA.
That would be great. :clap:
A new PG addict is born.
Pioneer DEH-P88RS.
DLS nobelium 6.2.
Focal KP130.
Ground Zero GZNW15.
DLS A3.
DLS A6.
MS1KTA.
PG M100.
PG M50.
PG M44.
PG Route 66.
PG EQ215X.
PG EQ215.
PG PLD1.
pnyryd

Post by pnyryd »

Hell yes
Ynot
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

jbondox wrote: as for the Germans, I am sorry, but once you see how these cars are built and put together, your perception would change also. everything is purpose built with no room for skimping, over built also. technologically more advanced when compared to the Asian or domestic market. sure some electronics come out of China, but the quality of the vehicles is freaking superior.
After working at SIA building the Subaru Outback and the Legacy, I challenge one of the German companies to do what we do and at the high quality standards at which we build them.

The only edge that the Germans have on us is the time in which they take to build a single unit. My shift alone builds 257 units a shift. That's a car every 2 minutes rolling off the line ready to go. The Germans might get one of those off the line 1 in every 2 days.

Don't get me wrong, they make some of the greatest cars, SLR McLaren :drool: :drool: :drool: my favorite.

I as well have never dissed things being made in china, it's the parts and design that make the product, not who does it. Yea I wish it were here in the USA, but what I wish doesn't mean sh!t.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

^have you ever been to the bmw factory in south Carolina? i think they would be up for challenge.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

having taken a few bmw's and benzes apart and put them back together, as well as subaru's I have to agree with james on this. I can remember stuggling just to get teh 4 awg under the carpet and still getting the carpet to go back to its original position which is needed to put all the rest of the trim on. I can remember struggling for 45 mins just to find enough room to run a simple rca and remote wire through the dash........... As he said the tolerances are just much much tighter and make for a well put together car.

I do not recal struggling the subi's at all dealing with these issues, they have a whole set of their own. I don't think the germans are out to a billion good cars, they would rather make a million great ones.....
crx4spl

Post by crx4spl »

Any news!