Product Suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
powertrippin

Post by powertrippin »

Once upon a time, a had a bunch of ideas for Phoenix Gold. :|

Still do, but I ain't sharin' anymore.

But, I still think putting Nutrik Speakon connectors on the amps would be much much better.

Hex headed screw terminals are so 80's.

-Trip
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

not very install friendly, but would be sweet. i love those things. so fast and handy.

what 80's amps has hex terminals? those were all futuristic
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Rose-Villian

Post by Rose-Villian »

Go back to Using Zenon as your build House.... SOLID AMPS & Reliable!
southfloridaPGlover

Post by southfloridaPGlover »

zx 900.7 and a zx 1200.1 in one heatsinks
PG FOR LIFE
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

Rose-Villian wrote:Go back to Using Zenon as your build House.... SOLID AMPS & Reliable!

not sure if this is sarcasm (Internets really bad at conveying that)

id you meant the first xenon build house that screwed them up, or the second house that built the correctly and perfectly reliable
RSdCrazy

Post by RSdCrazy »

MW3 wrote:Why don't you guys give me some suggestions on product. Broken into two categories.

1. What will sell in today's market?

2. Who cares about sales, what is really cool? (aka Frankampstein, Reactor, etc).

Morgan
Tube Hybrid thats affordable. Now thats cool. Stephen Mantz of Zed Audio is going to build another one and I think PG should to. To those of us that have had tube amps they add just pure magic to the music. So get to work. Make a 4 channel one
mixmaster68

Re: Product Suggestions

Post by mixmaster68 »

All I'm say'n is bring back the Xmax! :twisted:
Bfowler

Post by Bfowler »

the xmax's are badass, and especially in their time...but the rsdc and new ti's are literally better in EVERY way. (looks are debatable) but they are more efficient, have better power handling, more excursion. better cooling, woven tinsel leads, stronger cone, multiple VC configs and play much deeper in the same enclosures

if you havnt heard one yet, you owe it to yourself to!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

They sound a lot better too. The Xmax were overmotored and boomy in my opinion... they sounded more like subwoofers than the instruments they were trying to reproduce. That's fine if you've got a massively overpowered bottom end, but sucks if you are trying to make your system blend properly.
twista17

Post by twista17 »

morgan; with all the new and most existing cars sporting built-in molded head units or nav devices. i think it is wise looking at making or at least doing R&D on a modestly priced DSP/LOC combo. nothing too fancy like the MS8 or BitOne. Maybe more like the Zapco device but under US400 and having at least 8 channel outputs which can be run either 5.1 or four-way full active. that would be some sweet deal there! Heck, in the future there could be a direct connect system to some PG amps too! That would be really cool!
New PG Convert: The Rebirth is Sweeeet!
S400.4
Ti65CS
R210
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

integrate fiber optic/digital optical into both an OEM integration/line-out-converter and a transmitter/reciever so that we can run VERY short RCA's to a transmitter, then optical to the reciever... put optical inputs on the amps and build an optical reciever for those that use older/non PG amps.

Then let me assist with the CAT/UAT testing...
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

that wont increas the price at all adding all the converters needed
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

ttocs wrote:that wont increas the price at all adding all the converters needed
lol - was lowering cost the issue at hand? I'd buy a system that had a high-to-optical LOC and amps with optical inputs to match... especially for a system utilizing the OEM headunit. hell, we buy metra kits for 200.00 - 300.00 that often look ... well, metra-y, then add the head-unit cost - 500.00 on average. 800 - 1000 on the low side... seems reasonable to have a real high end OEM integration piece that could be used with PG amps in an beginning audiophile system.
MX2 Crossover
Sapphire 1.5x - Sold
Roadster66 #11 - Sold
(2) RSdC 102 10" Subwoofers - Sold
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

It seams to me that phoenix gold need an product ent ... that truely understands the market.... there was an time when us audiofiles ruled the market ..... times have changed... hear is the deal you need an low end product ... that the average Joe can afford... these ppl only want some thing that sounds better then what the factory put in there car ... but is not worth more then there car .. and from what I see there new speakers and subs belong in this market ... sorry but if an person pays more then $150 for any of ur current subs or speakers ... u r ripping them off ..... do not be like jl hear.... I can find cheaper stuff that performs just as good .... and in some cases better ... no joke .... the customer is not going to pay more just because ur name is on it ... next u need some thing for the app guys .... there not going to be happy unless they can blow out every pained of glass for three blocks .... loud is the only thing that matters to these guys ........ they will pay out the nose if it dose just that .... they like big subs and big amps ... and can care less of how it sounds ..... these guys want subs that hit so hard that there passenger face smacks the dash Bord as soon as the bass riff hits from luda,s blueberries yum yum... then u got us ...... we have Ben with u sence day one we want real amps .... real speakers and real subs..... we want note for not prefection .... and it has to look good .... we r ur limited ed guys ..... oh and one other thing ... we r all sick of having to buy new stuff every year ....... so new products for the sake of having new products don't work ........ and you will never make ur money that u spend in to the add,s in to the r&d and the money you spend to retool every time u change the product line ... be smart ...... make good products u will make good sales ..... oh and if you want to know where to find this guy who understands the three group of ppl .... give me an pm and I will tell u how much he want an year ......... and I will give u the blueprints to the shit that will make all your dreams come true ...... or I can kick ur asses in comps with ur old stuff ...... no joke ...
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

that was hard... to read... sentence structure... could use work... but yeah... i agree... the market is totally different today... :lol:
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

i didn't get........... half way through.............myself as it was just too dificult to try and translate........if I need to read a sentence 3 times to try and figure out what......................it says I skip forward after the 2nd time..... texting is for phones.
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Yea I did it from my phone ...... that's y its kinda messed up .... LOL .. but what I said was true .... spl guys want loud its all they live for ... the average Joe wants good sound at fair price. And then there is guys that want clean and clear sound .... me I would love to see phoenix gold make an component set that has a good aloy or carbon fiber mid woofer ... a 3" or4" kevlar mid range and an ribbon tweeters....... and have an audio company that's understands not one cone material reproduces all notes ... the x-overs should be biamp or better tryamp also I would love to see an new x-mass sub ... I think it should be an cross between the ti12d and x-mass .... give it the motor of the ti12d and the carbon fiber cone of the x-mass ... give it triple stacked mag,s and the paraboic cone design... but with just carbonfiber ..... make then in 8"-15"... the 8" and 10" for us sq guys and the 12" and 15" for the spl guys ... and to cut cost bild it to order .... kinda like an limited ed.. oh and if pg uses the idea I would like an set for free .... hey it was my idea ... LOL. I have a few dam good ideas for amps as well .... if pg did this they would be back in full effect..... and all the hatters would go home crying to there momies.... LOL
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
mixmaster68

Post by mixmaster68 »

He's right yo!
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

I was looking at pg,s current product line up and .... was wondering where is the 1200 sub to match " the one amp" ... its an nice amp but in spl its the subs that get remembered ... I would like to know if other pg fans would like to see an hi end line of amps that are high current class ab bilt for sq ... with tube pre amp. Real nice hybird with the words phoenix gold cnc in a carbon fiber top cover with gold plated mesh screen behind the words and has gold plated accents and gold plated heat sinks with fan calling .... if we all speak up and ask for it . They may make it for us to buy ...
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

we should just lock this wet-dream idea area, never has been of any use yet.
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Yeah .... u r Probley right ..... I bet pg dose not even read this .. and if they do I don't think they hav guts to bild real hi end car audio any more ... thank you Hollywood for glammering car audio ... now its all junk that looks pritty..
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

ttocs wrote:we should just lock this wet-dream idea area, never has been of any use yet.
IMO, the Ti1600.5 (5 channel amp with x10 crossover multipliers for fully active) was a direct result of our suggestions, and even the cosmetics of the new lineup were influenced by what we said. I mean, read through some of the stuff we suggested and ask yourself if it is reasonable for PG to manufacture some of these ideas. Most of them are "bring back the M-Series" "bring back the X-Max", "bring back the Cyclone", "take a seven channel amp and a 1200 watt monoblock and put them in one chassis", etc... All these ideas would be nice, but business suicide for PG in today's market which is indeed, a very different market than when PG was in its infancy and prime.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

that thing was on teh design board long before we could have ever had input on it imo. them continiuing to ignor that the DD5-10 is still VERY saught after and ignoring it shows how important this site and this post are too them.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

ttocs wrote:that thing was on teh design board long before we could have ever had input on it imo. them continiuing to ignor that the DD5-10 is still VERY saught after and ignoring it shows how important this site and this post are too them.
How sought after, really? 15 maybe 20 people have said they wanted a new version?
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

15-20 on here. I have seen WTB adds all over for them and the fact that when priced fairly they sell in an hour means something to me.