Product Suggestions

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Re: Product Suggestions

Post by dedlyjedly »

ttocs wrote: them continiuing to ignor that the DD5-10 is still VERY saught after and ignoring it shows how important this site and this post are too them.
Quit taking things so personally. You have to keep in mind that there is a much bigger picture for PG to consider in order to remain a viable car audio manufacturer. Morgan was kind enough to ask us for our suggestions. He realized how invested in PG most of us are and was willing to give us his ear. In no way did he commit to anyone that we were going to help design the next PG widget or give final approval on what they're working on. There's no reason to jump to the conclusion that he was toying with our emotions by opening up this can of worms.

While we are a group of die-hard fans with a true passion to see PG return to glory, that in no way makes us representative of their market as a whole. In fact, in reality it's quite the opposite. I mean honestly, you're referring to the potential of moving only a few dozen DD pieces to a highly concentrated group of fan boys that typically do nothing more than pine after the old school equipment. How quickly do you think interest levels are going to fall off outside of our ranks. Honestly, I like "the way it used to be" as much as anyone here, but all the bitching about how PG just doesn't get it anymore grows tiresome when it's obvious that those making theses posts have very little understanding of what it takes to do business on a larger scale.

Most businesses that have accumulated fan sites or forums based on the company consider those sites nothing more than liabilities. We were lucky enough to have AAMP try to participate here and attempt to include us, but I can fully understand and even sympathize with their dilemma, and why it would seem they eventually had to pull the plug on that part of the operation.
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Let's face it .... its hard to get audiofile anything any more for car audio .... in the 90,s we had an huge boom and lots of ppl had an huge amount of disposable income .. I know of quite a few ppl that bar top of the line systems that had no idea what they had other then that they pade thousands of dollars for it . Back then it was possible to mass produce and sell a hi end line ... where as be4 it was an small market with limited productshion .... I would just love to see a real hi end line buy pg .... but realistically the only way it would make any money is if the product line ran more then one year ... and it would have to be bilt to order ... a man buy the name of bill dulstine has had great luck with this .. the company is legacy audio .. he dose not come out with a new line up every year ... I do thank pg and Morgan for listening to what we have to say ... but sadly it may be some time b4 we see a lot of hi end audio for our cars .... car audio industry has taken an massive hit due in part of the economy and the 2006 complying ... the 2006 complying has changed the way amp are sold , marketed and designed .... witch is sad as it makes it hard for any maker of car audio to stand out or to prove new tec ...
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

ttocs wrote:that thing was on teh design board long before we could have ever had input on it imo. them continiuing to ignor that the DD5-10 is still VERY saught after and ignoring it shows how important this site and this post are too them.
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14807

Yep, we completely ignored it. Read the thread above.

How do you know we don't have something in the works?
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Good point Morgan... we don't know but buy the sounds of ur comment u just may .. LOL um I find that a signal prosser that has an band pass option very handy .. that's y I got my ma audio eq ... oh and 8 volt pre outs would an nice touch ...
900.7ti custom crome top with custom flameing skull,s fan shroud with cool JAG programable led fans . Rddp with sdt . Ti 1200.1 Vibe audio space 6-3d space 5-3d . Vibe space 12 vibe space 8 x2
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

Still waiting on a monster sub like the elite or something... 2500+ watt amps, but no subs worthy of the power...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Also Will there be any new componenet sets? The ti is just way to similar to my rsds ive had for quite a while now.. While my rsds have taken a beating and done a great job, I dont see the ti as much an upgrade. Dont they use the same tweeter? Anyways I think pg did a great job with the new amp offerings, but the speaker and sub offerings seem to average at best, and the subs still look like plastic play toys with tons of rubber on them. Can we get a 1000rms sub that doesnt look like a toy, and is available in 15s aswell. Im not asking for 18s, because its a little impractical, but I dont think 15s are.. Many cars can hold a 15 in them, and they sell. I like the road pg is on, but a few things need changing up imo. I understand we will never see an all out spl monster, but a monster 12, and 15 thats a low end monster would be great. I havent ran pg subs in years because of this. NOthing that has been out lately can handle any kind of serious power ( 12d elite status).
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Mackenzie. We have some goodies you will like in the works.
:twisted:
Morgan West
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Im listening.. 8)
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

And Morgan we can't wate to see these goodies .... and play with them LOL
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

audiogood wrote:and play with them LOL

:lol: :roll: :naughty:
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Yes.... I am in the market for some 15s or 18s that are low end monsters :twisted:

I havent done a system in a while, and I am ready to go over the top the top this time. 8)
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Also hoping these new subs have a 3inch vc, and can be reconed like many other subs out. I Remember a beast of a sub from a while back that could crush the lows, and still had good sq. Brahma :shock: :shock:

:clap:

Now thats a sub..
Last edited by Mackenzie on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Obviously I know We wont get a sub this powerful, but that should be the look... No oversized rubber on the magnet making it look like a toy. Just pure raw sub, thats mean! No dinky plastic cones please. Oh yea did I say reconable 3 inch coil please. Low end monster please..
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

best of luck Mackenzie it seems like the new pg is not making things for us but cookie cutter and box stores. they have been up and running for 2 years and not to much had even made me raise my head to look at. repackage rsd speakers repacked exile amps plug and play amp for a car that is not sold all that much in the world vs other ok?. great I was told back in the day there was a high end line coming out better than the ti? have not heard anything and now the guy that said it doesn't work at pg any more? Im done..going to buy someone else gear
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I haven't given up just yet... I know pg cant please everyone, especially in this time of turning the company around. However, I will be disappointed if I dont see a quality upgrade in the high end line, and subs, whenever they come...
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

mack long time no talk, anyway as far as pg i wouldnt throw in the chips yet.. all im gonna say is just be patient because I have a feeling a company who releases a 12k watt amplifier is gonna be working on a subwoofer line to compliment it, Im really sure of it i just have a gut feeling something is in the works.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Me to I have an good fealing pg is cooking up something good ... so far they have made one hell of an statement with the release of the one amp . An sub is soon to come ... and I bet we may soon see some fka class ab hi current amps .... time will tell .... I can't wate to see what is next for pg to offer us ..
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Its still too early to start some sneak peaks. :twisted:

Sit tight for a few months, might want to save a few bucks, whats coming down the pipe is not going to be cheap...
Morgan West
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

MW3 wrote: Bring your wallets, its not going to be cheap...
Phoenix Gold ain´t cheap at all! But always worth the cash! :wink:
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

Sweet ..... can't wate ... LOL and don't care about how much it will cost ...
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

just because it costs alot doesnt mean its good :naughty:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
audiogood

Post by audiogood »

True that .... just look at kicker and jl .... both cost some bucks .... its sad when an set of powerbass cheap components kick jl,s ass... I know I have owned both in the same car at the same time ... with jl you get way over charged for what u get ... and with kicker .... all u get is hype ... eclipse some times fell short of the mark to ....
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

OMG I was amazed to see that a new local shop was advertising pg on thier sign as I drove by tonight. I should be in the area tomorrow, might finally get to listen and look at the new line.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Yawn... Any word yet morgan on big subs?
denim

Post by denim »

Morgan, is there a high wattage sub in the works? As in reliably over 1000 wrms power handling?