Amplifier Names

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I like the idea of simple, descriptive names.

But I also see why people are attracted to fun names.

I think PG had the best of both worlds in the past by using simple names with the main lines and fun names for the LE amps.

Example:

M/Outlaw/Bandit
MS/FAS/SOFAS
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
GX3

Post by GX3 »

How about one called Abyss? Could be a LE high output amp or sub for that matter.

The Phoenix Gold Abyss......How low can you go?
Crushing everything.

–noun
1. a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity; vast chasm.
2. anything profound, unfathomable, or infinite: the abyss of time.
3. (in ancient cosmogony)
a. the primal chaos before Creation.
b. the infernal regions; hell.
c. a subterranean ocean.

A line called 808 for spl (in reference of a 808 bass drum) ......... was this done by any one before??

The 10th anniversary of September 11th will be here soon maybe a LE amp for all lost that day. Make a run of only 911 of them.

Just thinking......... what ya think ???
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I like how there are so many names being thrown about-

Ash, crater, Abyss......these all drag me back to days of the power grid and cars on fire, not my idea of marketing.

Solid feel/look, powerful, clean. That's it. Keep it simple, look to branding and model as well as a name. You already have M/MS series if you need a name for the initials reference it back to a musical name.

Mozart Series/MS, Previously suggested while I was still with PG, and it fell on deaf ears.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

errins grand plans...

name them after music composers

ie

Mozart series (abbreviated "MS" for short)
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Bfowler wrote:errins grand plans...

name them after music composers

ie

Mozart series (abbreviated "MS" for short)
^^ thought I covered that already. I feel it's a touch classier than naming them after a hole or charred remains and you can retain the prior model number scheme that people already recognize.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

look a the post times! i was typing that when you posted it!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

^^ Shut is college boy. Shouldn't you be drunk by now? :hmm:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

GX3 wrote:How about one called Abyss? Could be a LE high output amp or sub for that matter.

The Phoenix Gold Abyss......How low can you go?
Crushing everything.

–noun
1. a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity; vast chasm.
2. anything profound, unfathomable, or infinite: the abyss of time.
3. (in ancient cosmogony)
a. the primal chaos before Creation.
b. the infernal regions; hell.
c. a subterranean ocean.

A line called 808 for spl (in reference of a 808 bass drum) ......... was this done by any one before??

The 10th anniversary of September 11th will be here soon maybe a LE amp for all lost that day. Make a run of only 911 of them.

Just thinking......... what ya think ???
....or 305 for SPL (BASS 305) from back in the spl days :)

or the richter, as in the richter scale????
The Phoenix Gold Subteranian?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Every former LE amp either was connected to a famous thing (Route66), something that meant freedom of choice (outlaw, bandit), a very well known movie (Frank Amp´n Stein and Son of Frank Amp´n Stein) and something energy related(Octane LE and Reactor) I´ll leave the nickel aside as it wasn´t an announced LE amp and only aviable to the US

I´ve only one thing that comes into my mind thinking of the future, the get together of phoenix gold and AAMP and something energy related.

The Phoenix Gold FUSION
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
GX3

Post by GX3 »

Funny you used Ford blue for Fusion
ZX950 X2 1 blk 1 wht
MS1KTA black NIC
MS1KTA white NIB
MS2250TA (x3) 1 in Blue 1 in Red
MS2125TA
MAC200 NIB
MS275 (x2) 1 NIB
MPS2240 NIB
Tantrum 500.2 (x2)
SA1.0 (x2)
ZPA 0.5 X2
ZPA 0.3 X3
Ti DD10 ............
bogart

Post by bogart »

there is a brand fusion and they are renowned for being shit.....I don't know if I would do that just for the market correlation ...

I've been watching the thread and I agree with eerin on that it should bespeak class and not remind me of a scooter I bought for the kids or of a video game. Mabye not composers so much...but simple....in the early years it was very simple and everyone knew what it was and loved it without the flashy names....so flashy names don't really sell the equipment if it is quality equipment....

I personally like the abbreviations that are tried and true....

no grand contributions here though...really can't think of anything...it is after all friday

:bong: :bong: :bong: :metal: :metal: :metal: :safe: :safe: :safe:
bogart

Post by bogart »

Wait...I've got it.....god damn.....

Bogart Edition.....now why didn't anyone think of that....after all I am all class and famous in my own mind!!!!!!!

ha ha hahaha :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :liar: :liar: :liar:
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

bogart, fuzzy, stipud, itchy, vw337, joerg, mhyde, pedi .....
should I continue ?
these are names we could see on there

i know, I know, day dreaming .....
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
trckydve

Post by trckydve »

I say forget the names. It just sounds to gimmicky and cheap. The only idea I've heard that even sounds OK is the Mozart Series suggestion. It brings to mind the good ol' days of PG and also adds a sophisticated SQ musical reference to it.

Just keep it simple, a letter for the series and numbers to signify the model.

Stick to naming the LE amps.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

trckydve wrote:I say forget the names. It just sounds to gimmicky and cheap. The only idea I've heard that even sounds OK is the Mozart Series suggestion. It brings to mind the good ol' days of PG and also adds a sophisticated SQ musical reference to it.

Just keep it simple, a letter for the series and numbers to signify the model.

Stick to naming the LE amps.
I agree, we went to shit when we started the"names" (Ryval) Im not knocking the line, but the consumer might stereotype and say we are still a long way from day one, like M,MS .......

Simple is good.
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
bogart

Post by bogart »

I do think that a limited bride of frank would be the pretty bad ass....doesn't have to be reminiscent of the ms stuff....just big with a plexi to show it off...some exaggerated fins like a big ole caddy mabye....hmmm I know what I will be dreaming of tonight!!!!!!
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

bogart wrote:I do think that a limited bride of frank would be the pretty bad ass....doesn't have to be reminiscent of the ms stuff....just big with a plexi to show it off...some exaggerated fins like a big ole caddy mabye....hmmm I know what I will be dreaming of tonight!!!!!!
It´s either a BOFAS with a oldschool MS heatsink or no BOFAS at all!
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
csperl1

Post by csperl1 »

How bout we spin off the Phorum idea and name one The Phirebird (covers the rise from the ashes thing) or The Phantom (disappear, reappear etc), or The Phrederick (after Larry).

Phrank Amp N' Stein, Son of Phrank,.....hahaha

You could always make this a Phorum contest and give the person with the best name or idea a shiny new amp....Just sayin'.. :clap: :hurr:
Alpine 9887, Rockford 360.2, ZX450's V2, 1 ZX350 V1, Legatia L1's, L3SE's, and, L6's, 2 ea. IDQ10D4V3

(Storage) 3 ea. MS2250TA's, 2 ea. MS250 (in parts)
csperl1

Post by csperl1 »

Oh oh and an Eq that competes with the Bit1 and 360.2 called the Phrequency...
Alpine 9887, Rockford 360.2, ZX450's V2, 1 ZX350 V1, Legatia L1's, L3SE's, and, L6's, 2 ea. IDQ10D4V3

(Storage) 3 ea. MS2250TA's, 2 ea. MS250 (in parts)
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

e gads....
James Shields
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com[/url]

[img]http://www.northolmstedperformance.com/images/Business_card_front.sized.jpg[/img]
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

prodigal::
yielding abundantly : luxuriant
—often used with of <nature has been so prodigal of her bounty — H. T. Buckle>

But also thinking kind of in biblical terms/sense of the "prodigal child" that has returned to family with his family bearing open arms- after spending all his money/inheritance- but he was still welcomed home-
Wouldn't that kinda compare to what AAMPS intentions are here??? i.e. kinda a similar situation - wouldnt everyone kinda agree?
kinda resembles PG maybe not so much in the sense of spending wastefully or recklessly (maybe, i dunno- i'm not the bookkeeper), but i think we can all agree they fell off with thier following- so, the concept of returning and wanting/needing/having the market / (the Car-audio "family") grace them (Phoenix Gold / AAMP) with open arms... - no?

See luxuriant
Main Entry: lux·u·ri·ant
Pronunciation: \-ē-ənt\
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1540
1 a : yielding abundantly : fertile, fruitful b : characterized by abundant growth : lush <luxuriant vegetation>
2 : abundantly and often extravagantly rich and varied : prolific
3 : characterized by luxury : luxurious <a luxuriant fabric>

Therefore The LE Amp:
"The Prodigal"
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

A FAR superior product would have to be made before putting a name like that on something IMO........ Something the market has never seen and quality like no other. REAL HAND CRAFTED SHIT!!!!!!

Maybe a line name as simple as 4.2 (400watt 2 chn) 8.1 (800 watt mono)..........
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

FuzzyHoNutz wrote:A FAR superior product would have to be made before putting a name like that on something IMO........ Something the market has never seen and quality like no other. REAL HAND CRAFTED SHIT!!!!!!

Maybe a line name as simple as 4.2 (400watt 2 chn) 8.1 (800 watt mono)..........
maybe if possible the LE could be made here (US) by hand etc....? thus allowing it to be a viable/fitting possibility? I mean, I know nothing about the Mfg'ing of amps... but if not mistaken isnt there still like one or two amps that are hand made here in US?? zukki, linear power gear? or am i wrong about that?

AND i was thinking in terms for just the LE amp- an LE amps to have like the line name 4.2 8.1 etc- seems like alot of folks are already doing line names like that for their reg run-of-mill gear? i dunno-
Last edited by mhyde71 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
bogart

Post by bogart »

The only ones I know of for certain is tru out of sunny southern cali....I am pretty sure that we won't be seeing anything like that through aamp....look at what they own and it is all made elsewhere and it is all mass produced.

And I am not so sure that tru didn't outsource the last few lines....it boils down to the fact that you can pay overseas and get 10 times the product then you could paying people to build....none of the huge overhead of running a full manufacturing facility....

Anymore if you really want something like that....you'd better start building one yourself folks. And in this economy, shit, no one is doing anything risky right now........................

Or develop a passion for eclectic home gear....some of that out there is you are looking to spend....a years salery....on an amp...
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

thought i heard somewhere that zuki was made in a garage in CO-
or something like that- I dont know- i am sure some part of the zuki mfg process is outsourced, weather it be boards, or other various componants...

BUT as far as teh ecomony goes- it's not only the CA industry- it is all kinds of mfg industry-

but that is also a time that people or companies are willing to make compromises... i.e. there is a board house here in Bratleboro Vermont- and given that they just laid off like 5/8 people I am sure they are looking for work- as it has been slow- of course not to the extent that would like to loose money on a job- but it does give other mfg's some leverage when working a "deal"- people/places/companies tend to be a bit more competitive in times like this versus just "writing-their-own-ticket" when times are good.