customer service at aamp

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
paculprit

customer service at aamp

Post by paculprit »

well lets put it this way,when i used to call the OLD PG there was good service,i call aamp about a part,i get blown off no return email like i was promised,no call back if he found the part,im getting a bad taste here,i dont wanna be a jl audio guy like everyone in my neighborhood,there is no way i can stomach the fact that there are no bass adjustment pots laying around,how many xs4600 amps were made,and no spare parts,the guy wanted me to send the amp in,a 150.00 flat charge,lol,maybe thats why there are no parts huh,
mb quart psc 216"s,for front stage,dkc 116"s for rear fill,eclipse 55430,head unit,xs4600 for front stage and rear fill,soundstream eg 10 x (2)subs and xs2500 to power them,all in my 1984 chevy cavalier type 10 hatchback lol,
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

I have to be honest too... and in full discloser
I had once a stinger D-block... and long story short i needed a part from it b/c there was some trouble and Stinger owned by AAMP I called stinger and was told to check with AAMP, AAMP's resolve for me was to just buy a whole new block- All i needed was digital display LED config, and it took like a month of calls, emails, leaving msg's, and no one would ever return my call, email or give me an answer straight up on the phone-
All that flashed in my head when i heard AAMP acquired PG- and thought ahhh geeese - here we go- great! (sarcastically of course) knowing the experience I had with AAMP trying to get a digital display for my d-block.

I mean I was like so so so frustrated b/c no one would give me the time of day, hear me out, or simply take my call. I just couldn't believe the customer service - think i was told in order to speak to someone I had to be a dealer or something. Awfully troubling- Needless to say I never ended up getting the part- broken d-block is at friend now and just being used as that a broken d-block on his bench... but it really turned me off too paul.
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
oldschoolfan

Post by oldschoolfan »

I don't know if things are still like they once were but when you called tech support for Valentine One radar detectors you actually talked to Mike Valentine. That is customer service.
paculprit

customer service

Post by paculprit »

well with the high unemployment maybe they need to get laid off,i pinch pennies since my lay off,but my stereo and car is the only thing that keeps me going sometimes,so a stupid knob in thier opinion,isnt stupid to me,i stuck with mb quart thru all the shit,but they answered my questions all the time,with customer service not being straight up,maybe thier product wont be either,but the good part is there are alot of amp companies
mb quart psc 216"s,for front stage,dkc 116"s for rear fill,eclipse 55430,head unit,xs4600 for front stage and rear fill,soundstream eg 10 x (2)subs and xs2500 to power them,all in my 1984 chevy cavalier type 10 hatchback lol,
mistawikid

Post by mistawikid »

OMG! I hope PG isn't becoming the snobby high class girl that doesn't like to play! .....lol.....
! its all fun and games until the Cops show up !
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

yeah I would hate for them to take their ball and go home
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
jay00f4

Post by jay00f4 »

Unfortunatly there aren't any of those bass knobs hanging around. We do offer a part from PAC that is very similar. http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails ... egoryID=28

Sorry you feel like you have been getting the run around

Let me know if this helps. Or you can call me direct and we can see if we can find something else.

Jason
727-803-0489
I am out of the office until nect week.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

^^ And there's your answer. ^^

You would have better luck talking to someone who still works at PG, who knows what part you're looking for, or getting the part from someone who has an extra lying around. (Bfowler) I think there is some confusion going on as to what you're actually looking for. I'm assuming the post above is thinking LPL 44 and what you're looking for is the bass potentiometer that is physically mounted to your amp.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?