DD5 and DD10

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

DD5 and DD10

Post by ttocs »

Any chance you guys will make these again? I am amazed at how many people are still looking for them and how they are getting prices higher then most of your current gear. Seems like a small production run would be super profitable............
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Its something we are looking at. Basscube is another similar item.
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I think a distribution block + DD type device in one chassis would be awesome. Possibly a modular distro block so buyers could configure and pay for the right number of in/outs and at the sizes they need. I know it's asking a lot and I know I wouldn't buy one but damn, that would a sweet install piece to have a single point for power, group and remote delay across all amps, source(s) and processors!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

..................... :hmm:

Not a bad idea there Ryan........ but maybe.......

Black anodized aluminum like the amps...... Double the size of a DD10...... 1-1/0g in to 4-4g out for both power and ground...... Other side is DD10..... Already has +/- so a remote wire set screw connection is needed...... Maybe contains a voltage display........ BIG ASS window with "Phoenix Gold" to see in.......... BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!

Where's Jacampb2.......... WE NEED A MOCKUP STAT!!!!!!!!! I smell super kustom awesomeness with this idea.............
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
orangelss

Post by orangelss »

Just a suggestion. I would join a couple forums and look at whats still selling on the used market. The quality built early stuff and extreamly usefull item still sell for high prices. I would look into making items of similar type and quality.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I would not make them any bigger, infact if you could make them smaller it makes the install much easier. I know the DD5 barely fit where I put it......
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

i agre with above post. dontmake them bigger.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
audiophyle_247

Post by audiophyle_247 »

I think incorporating a distro block into either would be an awesome idea.

Run main power ,ground, & remote to the dd10/distro, and it could maintain & control the entire system from the one point.

Call it the "PG Powerstation", it wouldnt have to match the amp lines like the previous DD's did but with cosmetics that will compliment all of the amps would be cool, not to mention it wouldnt limit users to just PG gear it would look like it belonged in any install. (increasing the PG phan club) And for voltage display, just put an RMD port on it & call it a day.

I would buy one in a heartbeat.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

all good tips, I agree. Combine your killer fuse blocks and you would not be able to keep them on the shelfs....
marko

Post by marko »

one of the single most brilliant idea's any audio company ever had was the dd5/10, i was shocked when pg stopped making it :shock: almost every competition car had one..
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

audiophyle_247 wrote:I think incorporating a distro block into either would be an awesome idea.

Run main power ,ground, & remote to the dd10/distro, and it could maintain & control the entire system from the one point.

Call it the "PG Powerstation", it wouldnt have to match the amp lines like the previous DD's did but with cosmetics that will compliment all of the amps would be cool, not to mention it wouldnt limit users to just PG gear it would look like it belonged in any install. (increasing the PG phan club) And for voltage display, just put an RMD port on it & call it a day.

I would buy one in a heartbeat.
In fact make them with cosmetics that would compliment any amplifier brand and i'm sure it would be a hit and turn people over to PG.

I know I would buy one.

Not having to deal with seperate relays and having as many 4 gauge outs to accomodate an entire system in one tidy package is a GOD send.
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
GlasSman

Post by GlasSman »

A nice feature would be the ability to add power in/outs.

possibly make the basic package handle 3 convertible 4/0 gauge ins/passthroughs for each power and ground....with 4 for each on the out put side.

You add another amp....you add piece similar to the Stinger T-Blocks which is what I currently like to use.

Except these wouldn't need to be daisy chain wired since they would attach to the power or ground grid in some manner.

Modular is the way to go baby!!! :hurr:
////Alpine/PhoenixGold/MBQuart/ImageDynamics/Soundstream
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I want one right now. Seriously, I would rewire my entire car if these were available.

And for the offroad crowd something like this with "plugs" of some sort would kick ass!! If I could have some sort of DD5 with "plugs" wired into the back of my FJ I would love it!! Plug in an air compressor, plug in a fridge, plug in a drill (all 12 volt of course) hell the possibilities are endless!!! :hurr: :hurr:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'M GONNA BRING THIS BACK TO THE TOP!!!!!!!

This seems to be the most sought after of all the install goodies PG has ever made.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

Yeah Fuzzy, I must agree to that. Too bad they did not start to make them earlier, with MS-colors... :cry:
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...
marko

Post by marko »

Pedi wrote:Yeah Fuzzy, I must agree to that. Too bad they did not start to make them earlier, with MS-colors... :cry:
just repaint or orginal one then add some cool decals 8)
Ti1 headunit (unique)
Outlaw in crate.
2x original shrouded ms2250's.
Route 66 in box + custom m100 to match.
Roadster 66 in flight case
Octane LE in box.
Reactor #186 in flight case.
Reactor EQ232
Ti400.2 AL
AX204A + EQ232 + ZPX2 + TBA set
ZCS6 component set
Tantrum+Titanium bass cubes
Ti12d Elite sub
DD5 + DD10 + 6 Ti blocks!
Pedi
Flærdy flærdy børk børk

Post by Pedi »

My DD10 is brand new... Do not wanna paint that one..
Selling your Ti9 mids? PM me, please..

I also need a DD10...