The One - review

Need help with your car stereo system? Have a technical question? Post here.
Kevin Siegel

The One

Post by Kevin Siegel »

I wanted to introduce myself to the Phoenix Phorum. I have been silently in the background watching and reading this forum for over a year now and I thought it would be time to introduce myself. I am the VP of Marketing of Aamp of America. I have been in the 12 volt industry for over 24 years working with companies, Like Rockford, Bravox, Alpine, and the list goes on from there. The picture I am posting is the first look inside the new amp. This amp is still in the prototype stages and is a limited edition model. The purpose behind this amp to prove to the world Phoenix Gold is still the leader in world class amplifiers. If you would like to get in touch with me please email or call me.

Kevin Siegel
VP of Marketing
Aamp of America
Attachments
"The One"
"The One"
amp low res.jpg (633.1 KiB) Viewed 9811 times
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

welcome to the phorum Kevin
nice to have you around

any idea on price for this beast?
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

wow, such bad feedback :D

i think them (PG) coming out with a monster spl amp is the right thing to do.

1. it will put there name back out there, after all how many 10k mono blocks are there, i listen to a 14k stetsom and i didnt think it was all that impressive.
2. spl as much as we dont like it is selling and is very popular, hence making an amp that caters to that crowd is not a bad thing, makeing it a LE is even better. we need to relize that spl is strong and high powered class D mono blocks are what is desired, but we also know pg is gonna have what we want also 8)

kevin welcome, lurker lol but

glad to see that AMMPS is really listening to us, makes me feel good.

cant wait till i see the rest of what u guys are cooking up.

aloha
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hey Kevin, welcome "Home" :D

Thanks for sharing the pic with us. The amp is definitely a beast, and should easily put you back on the map for SPL. Are you planning any subwoofers that can deal with that much power output? I would love to see a reconeable SPL/SQ woofer like the original Ti Elites used by Mo Sabourin to break all those SPL records back in the day!

I hope you guys will take a stab at a no-holds-barred SQ amp next, like PG did with the MPH 6300 (except actually sell it)! That would really hit a strong note with a lot of oldschool PG fans :)
Irongoats

Post by Irongoats »

Not everyday a VP of anything comes calling, welcome Kevin. Like where you guys seem to be heading.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life'. That is Honor!
SolacE

Post by SolacE »

picture doesnt show up for me :hmm: :idiot: :doh:
[img]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p139/solaceravr/Misc/CopCar.jpg[/img]
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Thanks for poppin by Kevin, thanks for showin the love. :beer: dude!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

SolacE wrote:picture doesnt show up for me :hmm: :idiot: :doh:
me to :(
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

send me your emails I downloaded the beast!!!
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the inside looks good but the outside is nothing to get excited about. It could be a little more interesting to look at :o
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Hello Mr. Siegel, and welcome to the forum! Its great AAMP is listening to its customers, actually I am impressed.

I have to agree with ttocs..... the inside looks great, actually its visually stunning, but the outside completely ruins the desirability for me. I understand it is in the prototype stage, I just hope you intend to completely redesign the heat sink/case. Personally, the current case just looks "Cheap" to me. I am not trying to be rude, it just doesn't scream at me stating this is a world class audio amplifier. Maybe I am stuck on the look of the old MS/MPS amps, which I believe to be the best looking amplifiers created. I was hoping the LE amps would be like the car companies reintroducing the Mustang and Challenger, old school looks with the new internals. I guess if this amp came with the old heat sinks and end plates, but with the new connectors and amp internals I would completely willing to beg the wife to let me purchase one! But again this is only my opinion, and I am aware, no denial here, that I am a 90's Phoenix Gold hardcore audio enthusiast. Thanks for reading.

Leeds
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I don't think the anodized brushed aluminum shows very well in that picture. I'll bet the finish looks a hell of a lot better in person.

One thing I would love to see on this amp, above all the others, is a plexiglass bottom. That would be an excellent MS series throwback, and the amp seems like it would fit one quite easily. That would also make for a good display at car audio shops, by showing off the guts of your biggest amp, along with all your other gear!
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

stipud wrote: One thing I would love to see on this amp, above all the others, is a plexiglass bottom. That would be an excellent MS series throwback, and the amp seems like it would fit one quite easily. That would also make for a good display at car audio shops, by showing off the guts of your biggest amp, along with all your other gear!
^i was just gonna say that!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
MW3
Morgan @ PG

Post by MW3 »

Don't worry guys the heatsink is a prototype we have been using for thermal testing. Final heatsink design will be a bit different...
Morgan West
Phoenix Gold Product Manager
NewOldStock

Post by NewOldStock »

stipud wrote:One thing I would love to see on this amp, above all the others, is a plexiglass bottom. That would be an excellent MS series throwback, and the amp seems like it would fit one quite easily. That would also make for a good display at car audio shops, by showing off the guts of your biggest amp, along with all your other gear!

x3
bruther

Post by bruther »

stipud wrote:I don't think the anodized brushed aluminum shows very well in that picture. I'll bet the finish looks a hell of a lot better in person.
The roadster brushed aluminum doesn't look great in a picture either but in person it is really a gorgeous amp.

The Pic doesn't show up for me.....is there a way to repost it?
1-Phoenix Gold Outlaw
1-Phoenix Gold Bandit
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I was hoping there would be a little more to it as that finish and sink just remind me of the old XS series. Plexi would be a neat option to help make the old new and it would also put some pressure on your compitors to make the inside of theirs looks as good as yours.
denim

Post by denim »

Interesting. A model like this shows the change in market direction AAMP is taking PG. Even if this model is not for most of us on here at the Phorum, this model shows that AAMP is trying to move PG away from the uber cheaply built, watered down, Best Buy brands, and a little more towards the brick and mortar shops. Though, I really see this being more of a competitor amplifier, or an amplifier that really will mostly sell via internet based people. 99% of the people who are going to run above 14.4v are not going to walk into a shop for an amp of this nature.

I too look forward to the smaller amplifiers as I think age and fatherhood has caught up to me and my 3000+ watt days have passed me by.
bogart

Post by bogart »

I am so stoked about this amp guys....I LOVE spl....always have and I always will. So what kinda funds will we be talking here folks? I've got subs a plenty now but this inspires me to save up for a couple big 18s....

So a question? Is pg going to release an spl oriented driver that can handle a quarter of what this will produce? I've run solo x's and rfl's in the past in more serious spl systems and would love to see pg make another monster sub? Rehash and beef up the ti elites maybe?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Nevermind what the amp is going to cost(it won't be cheap) how many high amp alternators and kinetics are we gonna need to satisfy the needs of this beast?
bogart

Post by bogart »

To truly get the amp to produce 10k it needs 600 amps at 16 volts...I believe this would be indicative that the amp is unregulated so you would be looking at a 16 volt system..

Could probably run it on 400 amps at 14 and do well but not really driving the amp and burping it would not acheive peak...

My a4kdn will produce 4k at 14 but will draw 280 amps at 2 ohms...that would be acheiving peak power at 6600. At one ohm it is bad..this is the kind of amp you build a car to run...

I am running.a bosch 280 amp alt and have 2 kinetics 2000...that upgrade was 1300...I would bet in newer cars you would be looking at 3k for ther electrical if you couldn't build your own brackets...plus wiring it would be a real bitch...
itchnertamatoa
Itchy Tomato

Post by itchnertamatoa »

I want one
I probably will never use it, but I WANT ONE
SPL is a market out there, not the only one but it's there

Now, where are the other amps ?
[url=http://www.phoenixphorum.com][img]http://phoenixphorum.com/templates/Titanium/images/logo.jpg[/img][/url]
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

itchnertamatoa wrote:I want one
I probably will never use it, but I WANT ONE
SPL is a market out there, not the only one but it's there

Now, where are the other amps ?
dont be so itchy, itchy :D
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
denim

Post by denim »

Hello Kevin Siegel,

Could you please check your PM's. I have been trying unsuccessfully, electronically attempting to get through to someone at PG that is in charge of dealer accounts, as I would like to set one up. I have sent a few emails to a handful of different people, with no response. I sent you a PM shortly after your first post.

Thanks!
Thunderdome

Post by Thunderdome »

maybe they could produce some PG alternators to power these bad boys like in the old days
-
-
-
Remember: The chart serves only as a starting point. Ultimately you must use your ears as a guide.